• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Max
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Mar 2003

There isn’t one player on this team that I wouldn’t trade

Outside of rookies (not enough value in return) I would trade any of them.

There are ZERO game changers on this roster, I wouldn’t miss any of them.

Here are more thoughts:

Mike Tolbert...just wtf? Why is this guy part of the offense?

Tyrod...worse than Trentative, I now see him as RJ redux, so afraid to make a bad play that he rarely allows himself/his playmakers to make good plays (that requires some risk to be taken)

The guy just isn’t a starter...the whole stadium knew it and let the team know with the barrage of boos.

He chucks dump offs for easy completions for 4-5 yards when it’s 3 and 10 or more...to protect his stats?

He has no courage. None.

Interior OL is hot burning garbage...why was Wood resigned?

Dawkins was OK.

DL as a unit is also aflame, zero pressure, up the middle, off the edge. Nothing.

Peterman may not be the answer (probably isn’t) but he sure would be more fun to watch than Tyrod. We could get lucky and find a Kirk Cousins in him and we’d definitely keep the offense from losing interest.

We got totally sonned in this one with Ingram jumping into OUR stands, they ran for something like 6 straight first downs in one drive...I don’t know if I’ve ever seen that?

no easy fixes here, a good start would be bench Tyrod. That time has definitely arrived.
    Last edited by Mad Max; 11-12-2017, 09:42 PM.
  • BillsFanCupp38
    • Mar 2004

Re: There isn’t one player on this team that I wouldn’t trade

Agreed 100%. If you want to change the culture and get rid of this losing mentality then you need to get of the losers. Sorry to say but Kyle Williams and Eric Wood both need to go. They are the leaders of this team but have known nothing but losing since they been in the league. Kyle is an overachiever and is getting old. Wood has been over rated for years. He's just not mean enough. I love both of the guys but it's time to move on. Tyrod and shady both can get traded for picks. Shaq Lawson is a bust. Jerry Hughes has too many stupid penalties. He has played immature since the day he got here. We just need to go ahead and blow this thing up. Maybe we can get back on track in 2-3 years.
    Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
      • Mar 2004

Oh I forgot about Charles clay too. He's been over paid since we got him. Trade him too.
      Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BillsFanCupp38 View Post
        Oh I forgot about Charles clay too. He's been over paid since we got him. Trade him too.
        He'd be more valuable if we had a QB who threw the ball.

Comment

• Crazy Legs
          • Apr 2017

Getting spanked by the Saints stings, but bringing in a NEW HC, NEW OC, NEW DC and blowing out about 8-9 starters would suggest a 8-8 finish would be a success.

That being said, let's get:

a new Center
          a new Right Guard
          a couple of new DLineman
          some backers
          a new H-back
          more WRs
          more DBs

oh, and maybe a Quarterback!

Comment

• Crazy Legs
            • Apr 2017

His contract, and dead money if he is traded, handcuffs him to the Bills. Plus, good Tight Ends are hard to find. Have you tried to find one in fantasy? Jeesch.

Comment

• Arm of Harm
              • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
              Outside of rookies (not enough value in return) I would trade any of them.

There are ZERO game changers on this roster, I wouldn’t miss any of them.

Here are more thoughts:

Mike Tolbert...just wtf? Why is this guy part of the offense?

Tyrod...worse than Trentative, I now see him as RJ redux, so afraid to make a bad play that he rarely allows himself/his playmakers to make good plays (that requires some risk to be taken)

The guy just isn’t a starter...the whole stadium knew it and let the team know with the barrage of boos.

He chucks dump offs for easy completions for 4-5 yards when it’s 3 and 10 or more...to protect his stats?

He has no courage. None.

Interior OL is hot burning garbage...why was Wood resigned?

Dawkins was OK.

DL as a unit is also aflame, zero pressure, up the middle, off the edge. Nothing.

Peterman may not be the answer (probably isn’t) but he sure would be more fun to watch than Tyrod. We could get lucky and find a Kirk Cousins in him and we’d definitely keep the offense from losing interest.

We got totally sonned in this one with Ingram jumping into OUR stands, they ran for something like 6 straight first downs in one drive...I don’t know if I’ve ever seen that?

no easy fixes here, a good start would be bench Tyrod. That time has definitely arrived.
              I agree with just about all of this. The part I don't agree with is the comparison of Tyrod to Rob Johnson.

Rob Johnson was actually a very good quarterback, especially at intermediate to deep passes. A good quarterback, that is, if you gave him time. Lots of time. And if you didn't require him to move around a little in the pocket. He certainly had the mobility necessary to move around. But, his lack of pocket awareness meant he wouldn't position himself to the best spot within the pocket for evading the pass rush.

If you'd put him behind an OL like the one the Cowboys had in the mid-'90s, he might have had a very successful career. He was certainly accurate as a passer, and not afraid to eat up the defense with big plays. He was also a sack waiting to happen, and needed to be behind an extra-good OL to make up for that. Rob Johnson was not a checkdown kind of guy. If it was 3rd and 15, Johnson would throw to a guy who was 17 yards past the line of scrimmage. Or, he'd take the sack. One or the other. What he would not do in that situation, ever, would be to throw it to a guy 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Both Johnson and Tyrod are deeply flawed, but in different ways. Tyrod is the kind of quarterback you maybe use if you're a college team that's reasonably confident in its talent advantage over its opponents. In that situation, the coach takes the QB aside and tells him, "You have one read per play. Throw it to your read if he's wide open. If not, dump the ball off to a RB, or run the ball yourself. Don't try to be a hero, don't try to put up 300 passing yards. Let the running game and defense win the game for us. As long as you don't turn the ball over and make an occasional play here or there, you'll have done everything I'm asking you to do."

Comment

• Cali512
                • Jan 2012

I would keep Mathews, Benjamin, Incognito, Dawkins, Milano, White, and our safeties

That's literally it

Obviously I'd keep Peterman also
                Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍