PDA

View Full Version : A realistic perspective

northernbillfan
11-13-2017, 02:25 PM
A few weeks ago I was panned for being a realist in a response to the question "are they legit?"

It's the same old same old that we've come to expect as fans for years. This isn't an I told you so thread, just a welcome back to reality. I don't see more than 3 more victories this season.

I'm not even going to get excited for next season or the one after that and so on. This is the umpteenth rebuild we've witnessed with hope for something within three years. I'll never desert my team. I'll still travel to one game per season, but I will never get caught up in false hope. Even amongst my friends here who say your Bills look good this season my response has and always will, "They'll break my heart soon and start playing Buffalo ball again. I don't think they'll hold on, etc"

I'm going to enter each season as a fan wishing for at least 8 victories. We mired in futility far too long than to expect anything better than .500. Even if they ever make it to the playoffs again, I will not fall for false hope. Even if they made it to the Super Bowl again, I'd be pessimistic. It's what being a Bills fan is all about.