PDA

View Full Version : CBS announcers SUCKED!

Billsbabee
09-16-2002, 07:53 AM
Could Brent Jones have possibly had his nose any further up Moss and Culpepper's butts? Good gawd get off it Brent. I had to mute about 50% of the game to keep everything in my stomach.

Culpepper had already fumbled once and we turned it into points and they were raving on that Culpepper had had a flawless game so far. :shakeno:

Earthquake Enyart
09-16-2002, 08:09 AM
Could be worse. The Bears had the fossilized corpse of Pat Summerall. He's got to go.

Billsbabee
09-16-2002, 08:16 AM
Yup, my hubby is a Bears fan and I had to watch that game first. You're right, that was bad.

Can't wait for the Bears to come to the Ralph in 2 weeks. We better be ready for that game. I have to deal with the hubby and all the out, er, in-laws for that game. :argue:

:couch:

:laughter:

Earthquake Enyart
09-16-2002, 08:19 AM
The Bears have not been impressive so far, except for Jim Miller.
They are, by far, the luckiest team around, and have been for the last 2 years.

blcny
09-16-2002, 08:32 AM
Yeah, Brent Jones is a moron. I guess they let any fool call a game at CBS. Since when do 3 fumbles = a great game. We owned Culpepper.

mybills
09-16-2002, 09:27 AM
You're sooo right...they were pro-vikings from the get go!

JayWood
09-16-2002, 09:40 AM
If I heard one more time about the damn "Moss Factor" I was going to jump inside the tv and smack both of the play by play guys. It was some of the worst announcing I have ever heard.

lordofgun
09-16-2002, 09:44 AM
They were RAVING about a stupid 3-yard catch by "The Freak!"

RIDICULOUS!

WG
09-16-2002, 10:10 AM
ROTFLMAO Billsbabee!!!

"Could Brent Jones have possibly had his nose any further up Moss and Culpepper's butts?"

You're not kidding. If I didn't know who was calling that game, I'd have sworn it was the owner of the Vikes! Even my Titans bud watching the game w/ me said they were terrible and totally biased towards the Vikes. Such blatant favoratism, such as saying that Watson touched Moss when he didn't lay a finger on him, just shouldn't be allowed!

It's bogus I tell ya...!

WG
09-16-2002, 10:10 AM
P.S. I hope they had a crate of TP up in the booth with them...

Phins054
09-16-2002, 10:21 AM
Chris Collinsworth is the worst....well maybe Deirdork is THE worst...but Collinsworth is a close second.

Gunzlingr
09-16-2002, 10:34 AM
As I said in my observations, Moss could get away with murder on the field. I loved Winfield leveling his ass on the goofy pass play. The metrodome was silent when he got leveled. On the way home I was listening to KFAN, and they were bragging up the Vike's D, and a guy called in and asked them how a team that had just given up 463 yards passing and 3 TDs was a great defense. The radio guys were quiet for awhile then made some lame ass excuse about how they weren't the best, but much better than last year.

doug45
09-16-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Billsbabee
Could Brent Jones have possibly had his nose any further up Moss and Culpepper's butts? Good gawd get off it Brent. I had to mute about 50% of the game to keep everything in my stomach.:

Can not agree more. We some less bias people on the tube.

colin
09-16-2002, 10:53 AM
After a blown coverage on Alexander, they were SCREAMING about the score. On the 90 yard return all I heard was "No flags". They really really suck.

Novacane
09-16-2002, 11:10 AM
I agree they were definately biased! How about how they were both absolutely sure Price's catch on the first drive in OT was no catch. It was so obvious that it was inconclusive! They were definately pulling for the Vikes!

mackey789
09-16-2002, 11:16 AM
or try the part that they said bledsoe had been sacked 5 times, and this was in the 3rd quatrer. I think at that time he had only been sacked twice. They had their numbers wrong, and they were bias....worste announcers i have ever heard in my life. Thats when you turn the sound down and listen to van miller and co.

The Natrix
09-16-2002, 11:39 AM
They were horrible. Remember when he said they were going to add 7 seconds on the clock, but really the official meant to reset the clock to 7. It took him 5 long seconds to realize his mistakes.

I can't think of anything else specific, but there were many instances were I though to myself: "These guys are idiots."

possibly the worst called game in the history of the NFL.

vmark11
09-16-2002, 12:41 PM
Man, this is why I like these boards. Glad I'm not alone.

Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
I agree they were definately biased! How about how they were both absolutely sure Price's catch on the first drive in OT was no catch. It was so obvious that it was inconclusive! They were definately pulling for the Vikes!

Yeh, no kidding. Does Brent Jones have 20/10 Tedd Williams-like vision? How the hell can he see the ball hit the turf when you need x-ray vision to see through the goal posts and a purple jersey from such a lousy camera angle.

And the fact that every time Culpepper threw an incomplete pass they'd go out of their way to say how "no flag on the play"....ugghh.

Novacane
09-16-2002, 12:48 PM
Lets just hope the Bills keep winning so we don't get the sheety anouncers anymore!

don137
09-16-2002, 01:06 PM
Maybe Jones is bitter against Buffalo after the Bills went into their park and outplayed their offense in one of the best offensive games in NFL history in the early 90's.

JefftheBillsfan
09-16-2002, 02:42 PM
i usually pay no attention to announcers...but they were awful. as if the randy ratio wasn't enough...we had a freaken kleinsasser ration. who am i? i get an easy completion thrown to me, i bobble it, then catch it, loosing 2 yards from where i should have caught it, and the announcers act as if they had just seen the second coming. give me a break. and moss gets away with everything. the announcers screwed up a few times, once they said 3rd and 2....but it was like 3rd and 8...

Dozerdog
09-16-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6

Obviously Inconclusive?

Isn' t that an oxymoron? Like "Jumbo Shrimp" or "Army Intelligence"

Captain gameboy
09-17-2002, 06:48 AM
Totally agree, horrible job. I kept waiting for them to unveil the "Randycam" or interview a waitress at his favorite fast food joint for a "Moss moment."
Who besides me thought that supposed "unbelievably athletic" one handed catch was much adoo about nothing? Eventually, he and his team are going to pay for his one handed nonsense. Glad to see Moulds has dropped the habit-he was doing it when it wasn't necessary last year.

blcny
09-17-2002, 08:19 AM
It was a one handed catch because he was using the other hand to push off with. Moss was pushing everybody off, but if he got touched they all expected an interference call. It was good to see him get smoked by Winfield.

Judge
09-17-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Billsbabee
Could Brent Jones have possibly had his nose any further up Moss and Culpepper's butts? Good gawd get off it Brent. I had to mute about 50% of the game to keep everything in my stomach.

Culpepper had already fumbled once and we turned it into points and they were raving on that Culpepper had had a flawless game so far. :shakeno:

He was a total idiot. I thought they were accidentally giving us audio of the Vikings radio network.
Thankfully I can get the Bills radio broadcasts.

vabillsfan
09-17-2002, 12:05 PM
Ditto all around! They couldn't even get it right on how many timeouts were left at the end of the first half - they're own stat guy in the booth had it wrong.

However - living in DC, I was driving home last night and decided to listen to the Eagles whupping the Skins (Awesome!). I stumbled across the 3 knuckleheads they have calling the Redskins game - talk about awful! It was like 3 country bumpkins. They never told you what was going on, no real play by play, didn't even call the punt return for the TD until the guy was across midfield - and spend more time talking to each other about greater days in the past. Give me Van Miller any day!

lordofgun
09-18-2002, 01:02 PM
The only thing the announcers got right is that they predicted Minny was setting up for a Moss pass with all those reverses and fake reverses.

Cntrygal
09-18-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by gunzlingr
As I said in my observations, Moss could get away with murder on the field. I loved Winfield leveling his ass on the goofy pass play. The metrodome was silent when he got leveled. On the way home I was listening to KFAN, and they were bragging up the Vike's D, and a guy called in and asked them how a team that had just given up 463 yards passing and 3 TDs was a great defense. The radio guys were quiet for awhile then made some lame ass excuse about how they weren't the best, but much better than last year.

yep... I liked seeing him get leveled too. I am also tired of the Moss factor, etc etc etc. Supposedly there was supposed to be alot of Vikes fans at the sports bar I was at - but none showed. If I had been in SD for the game - there's lots of arrogant fans here... I'll have to settle for grinning at them this week. :D