Seems like when Drew says "we" it should be interpreted as 'him'!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Seems like when Drew says "we" it should be interpreted as 'him'!

"But it's the same things I've been saying all along. We've got to avoid the mistakes that hold us up. We had a missed assignment or two. I got too aggressive and ended up turning the ball over in the end zone, which we can't do."

Funny how when the team doesn't perform to snuff it's "we", but when the team wins it's "all Drew!"

No Drew! YOU can't continue to do those things, namely "turning the ball over"! It's no one else's fault for your INTs and bumbling fumbles!

Maybe the fans and media will start getting this straight this year!

Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

It looked like a miscommunication, but Bledsoe said no.

"It was just a poor throw, a poor decision on my part," Bledsoe said.

Once again wys, finding anything bad to say about Drew. You like? I knew you were gonna come out and say something about the "WE" thing.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

• Wys Guy
        • Jul 2002

Just pointin' out what how they're propagandizing on the official site.

Nevertheless, it was 100% him, no one else, so there's absolutely no need for him to even utter the word "we"!

I appreciate it when people take FULL responsibility for their own mistakes and not allow others to have to bear the brunt! I also respect them more when they do!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
          • Jul 2002

Just once, just once I'd like to hear him say following one of those games that "I made too many mistakes" or "I played like crap."

Guess it's a battle between the ego and humility/honesty/reality!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• LABillsFan
            • Aug 2002

STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• AG75
              My buns are weiner friendly
              • Oct 2002

I can think of a number of games Drew took full responsibility for last season that we lost, so your comments about him not ever taking the brunt are truly baffling.

Now, as much as I loved Jim Kelly and he remains my favorite Bill of all time, I felt he was one who never took responsibility for anything. If anything I often thought he placed the blame elsewhere(Howard Ballard anyone???)
              Aimee

Comment

• Wys Guy
                • Jul 2002

He didn't push it off onto a D that did it's job either.

Besides, I'm just reacting to a few comments and find it interesting that Drew tosses another INT in the red zone and then blames it on "we" at least in part. I also continue to find it interesting that there are no comments to any notions that this was even remotely a pattern last year.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• AG75
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                  He didn't push it off onto a D that did it's job either.

Besides, I'm just reacting to a few comments and find it interesting that Drew tosses another INT in the red zone and then blames it on "we" at least in part. I also continue to find it interesting that there are no comments to any notions that this was even remotely a pattern last year.
                  Wys, do you live in WNY?? Whenever there is a home game here, there is always the aftergame show with interviews and such(because of the home game, no other game on that station to be shown rule) and I would watch everytime. Whenever we lost, and Drew had a bad game he would always take the brunt of it if he played poorly. Always. The first thing he would say is "I could have played better" or "I made some mistakes" etc etc

I did not watch the scrimmage, so I don't have the slightest idea of what happened in that game or how he played and what he said, but I do know he has many a time aknowledged his play.
                  Aimee

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

No 75, I don't actually. That's why it says "The Nation's Capital/N.VA" under my user ID.

But I rarely heard anything like that comin' outta any of the media. I also didn't hear Drew talking about how the "D really didn't play that poorly given the circumstances", eh!

If he's such the good guy that you seem to suggest he is in this regard, then how come when the D takes full heat for a loss amidst Drew's TOs, Drew doesn't 'jump to their rescue' and quit slamming them?

I know for a fact that he was hard on the D just as any other media or FO nonsense was last year, usually unjustifiably.

Again, in that first game STs accounted for two Jet TDs, Drew for one, and STs for a FG. The D was only responsible for 13 of 37 points. Yet, I didn't hear Drew crackin' off about how the D actually played pretty well!

Did you? No, I don't think you did either, even in, and probalby especially b/c you were in WNY.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• mackey789
                      • Jul 2002

You are an idiot, what is your problem? I think more and more you are Tom Brady......go somewhere else and post...unacceptable

Comment

• cordog
                        eat, drink, and be merry
                        • Apr 2003

I was at the scrimmage. It was a TOTAL miscommunication. Moulds ran a post and Bledsoe threw an out. In fact it looked like it was Moulds fault. So Drew was taking the blame instead of pointing a teammate out.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Possibly cordog. But how do you know? Did Drew tell you afterwards? Did Moulds?

Besides, it's not a big deal. I just think it's funny that when Drew refers to something bad that happened he blames it on "we". That's all.

All I know is that if I were playing QB, if I threw a pick, I'd say "yeah, I read it wrong, or I'm totally pissed at myself for screwing up, etc." I wouldn't say "Yeah, we can't do that!"

I've never been like that nor ever will. At work, play, sports, you name it! If/when I make mistakes, I gladly stand up and say "Sorry!" One thing I don't do, is watch for an entire season while some other component of my "team", whatever that team happens to be, takes the heat for me for a year while I skate watching them get berated when they don't deserve it!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• AG75
                            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                            No 75, I don't actually. That's why it says "The Nation's Capital/N.VA" under my user ID.

But I rarely heard anything like that comin' outta any of the media. I also didn't hear Drew talking about how the "D really didn't play that poorly given the circumstances", eh!

If he's such the good guy that you seem to suggest he is in this regard, then how come when the D takes full heat for a loss amidst Drew's TOs, Drew doesn't 'jump to their rescue' and quit slamming them?

I know for a fact that he was hard on the D just as any other media or FO nonsense was last year, usually unjustifiably.

Again, in that first game STs accounted for two Jet TDs, Drew for one, and STs for a FG. The D was only responsible for 13 of 37 points. Yet, I didn't hear Drew crackin' off about how the D actually played pretty well!

Did you? No, I don't think you did either, even in, and probalby especially b/c you were in WNY.
                            Wys!!! Drew DOES take the heat. A lot!! Whether the loss was his fault or not, im totally shocked about you saying he lays the blame on others or does not defend the others taking the brunt.

In the majority of last years games Drew has not only given credit where credit is due, but he has always put the blame on himself when he played poorly or they lost a game. Maybe your only seeing what you want to see when it comes to Drew, and look away or block from memory anything positive about the guy.
                            Aimee

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mackey789
                              You are an idiot, what is your problem? I think more and more you are Tom Brady......go somewhere else and post...unacceptable
                              Thanks mackey!

I'll consider that!

Nope, not an idiot!

Seems like there's an awful lot of "tender" emotions around here however.

As JR challenged, he thinks we're gonna be hurtin' if Drew goes out!

Well, I think that against the types of teams that litter our schedule, it can't possibly get much worse if his play is the same as it was last season!

Again, in either case, I discount scrimmages and preseason games almost entirely. Teams have played GREAT in preseason in the past only to finish 4-12 and visa versa. In fact, I always used to get worried if we won more than 1 PS game or a scrimmage. When we had our "glory years", we were like 2-14 or something in PS, never having more than 1 win.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X