PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts

Patrick76777
09-16-2002, 09:34 AM
My thoughts

Randy Moss - Great player but the announcers were all over him, give me a break. and speaking of breaks, Moss gets every call. If you look at the guy wrong they call pass interference. Such BS.

D - I thought they played decent. It's always tough against Moss! He opened up the run and made some great catches. But the D did come up with some big plays. They had a ton of sacks, the fumble was huge. I give them good marks

WR's - Price was awesome, Reed was unreal, and Moulds did his Job. Could be the best trio in the league.

Drew - what can I say? Last week we needed a TD in the last minute and he did it, at half-time we needed a TD, he did it, And he brought us down the field twice in the last 3 minutes for scores. plus OT. This guy is great. We STOLE him from NE. 35 or 49 for 463 and 3 TD's. That's only 14 incomplete passes. What is that? A 145% QB rating.

Travis Henry - didn't do s#i! but I predicted that all week. The Vikes knew what he did last week and geared the whole D game plan on stopping him, (See Drew's stats)

ST - Killed me on the punt return but came up big on Kick Return.

Gregg Williams - Bad challenge early (but it could have gone either way) TERRIBLE decision to go for 2. It wouldn't have helped but it could have hurt. DON'T DO IT. We kick it and we win in Reg. passing on 1st and 5 at the 19 was also a bad call. 2 runs up the gut and kick, games over! he dodged a bullet! I can't blame Gilbride on that one because Gregg has to tell him that we need to run the ball in that situation. ALSO, One more thing about Gregg Williams. Minn has the ball on our 4 yard line with over 1 minute left and we don't use any timeouts. Thank god they gave us 26 seconds. We could have had 56 seconds and 2 TO's. Another Bad decision. Very poor effort coach.

Is a team with a bad pass rush supposed to have all those sacks.

Vikes in OT - Who the hell was calling their plays. on their 2nd OT drive the ran twice and tossed a short pass. Way too conservative.

That about sums it up, I need your thoughts.

Valerie
09-16-2002, 11:00 AM
It's hard to comment on a game I didn't actually see. :( But from listening to it, I still think the Bills have serious trouble with special teams and I think we need more help on the O-line. I can't believe Drew was sacked 3 times. That's not good protection. Other than that, I think the Bills are moving along. :) Great game!!!! :up: I wish I'd actually seen it. :(

ct bills fan
09-16-2002, 11:21 AM
I thought the O-line pass protection was exceptional, or at least very good. Bledsoe had a lot more time this week than last week. Minnesota knew we had to pass, but, still didn't get that good of a rush.

mackey789
09-16-2002, 11:26 AM
o-line should have gotten a game ball for their protection this week. Drew dropped back almost 50 times and got sacked 3 of them, not too shabby at all. He had a ton of time to pass too. O-line is coming together very well.

Judge
09-16-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
It's hard to comment on a game I didn't actually see. :( But from listening to it, I still think the Bills have serious trouble with special teams and I think we need more help on the O-line. I can't believe Drew was sacked 3 times. That's not good protection. Other than that, I think the Bills are moving along. :) Great game!!!! :up: I wish I'd actually seen it. :(

Why didn't you see it? No bar in your area w/ NFL Sunday Ticket?

By the way, don't forget that when games go late like that they're often picked up nationwide b/c CBS couldn't go to 60 Minutes until the NFL day was over!

Valerie
09-16-2002, 11:58 AM
There's a Bills bar in Virginia that I usually go to but my Dad was too tired to go and I didn't want to go alone. :( And CBS never went to the Bills game. I think all the cities that didn't get to see that game missed a great game! We rarely get the Bills games on TV.

The_Philster
09-16-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7

Well, you can see it later when I send it to you along with the other game I'm sending. ;)