PDA

View Full Version : DE coach Jeffcoat the only link to every Dallas head coach

BillsFever
08-04-2003, 02:41 AM
SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- He became a starter for Tom Landry, won a Super Bowl playing for Jimmy Johnson and was part of Barry Switzer's first team.

Chan Gailey got him started in coaching. Then Dave Campo promoted him and Bill Parcells kept him.

That makes Jim Jeffcoat the only person to work under all six head coaches in Dallas Cowboys history, a label he appreciates but doesn't exactly advertise on his business cards.

"I played here 12 years," Jeffcoat said. "I hope I'm more than a trivia question."

Still, the 42-year-old's resume gives him a unique niche in team lore. His roots run deeper than Bill Bates, who was involved with the first five coaches, and Darren Woodson, who this season will become the first player under five Cowboys head coaches.

"People ask me what it's like," Jeffcoat said, "because I'm the only one who probably knows the difference between coach Landry and coach Parcells, the difference between Jimmy Johnson and Chan Gailey or Barry Switzer or Dave Campo, because I've been around all of them.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2003/08/03/cowboys_jeffcoat_ap/