• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Anyone Else Think that...

...Gilbride isn't exactly doing a stellar job?

I know where scoring in droves, but I gotta tell ya, I think it has more to do w/ the monstrous assemblage of talent on the field than it does w/ the offensive scheming and play-calling.

I'm not seeing a lot of imagination or "element of surprise" on the part of KG. Especially on key downs/situations.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

No not me.

Comment

• JayWood
      The Professor
      • Jul 2002

I really like the game plan that Gilbride has brought into the two games so far. He can mix it up, and keep the other team guessing. Good job so far!!
      When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

• BillsMan80
        Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
        • Jul 2002

He has been great IMO except for one choice which was to pass inside the Vikes 20 in OT.
        The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
        THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

I can't look at him without thinking about Buddy Ryan punching him.

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
            • Jul 2002

We stink Wys. We're 2nd or 3rd (dependent upon if Wash gets 400+ yards tonight) in offense, first in scoring, scored on all five of our two-minute drills this year, had the best passing performance in team history, have the top passer, the top receiver, a top ten running back, all the players are publicly giving Gilbride blowjobs in the press for his offense and play-calling, let's fire KG right now before he becomes #1 in all categories.

Comment

• Patrick76777
              • Jul 2002

75 points in 2 games....ummmmmm.....it took us to week 6 to get 75 points last year......we're almost perfect in the Red Zone. Nawwww I think he's doing OK. Sure he didn't score on every drive.
              Resign our own guys!

Comment

• bduff54
                • Jul 2002

wys you can't argue with the #1 offense in the NFL

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  • Jul 2002

I see only a plain drop-back set-up w/ some very predictable play-calling at times. No real scheming. Just plain blocking and Drew making plays w/ his arm.

I'm tellin' ya, we're doing this on pure talent. Nothing more. KG acts like he's trying to keep the game tied w/ some of his redzone play-calling. It's ridiculous! He needs to start adopting the Spurrier philosophy w/ the team we have. Try for TDs at all times. It almost seems as if we never want to get too far ahead. Only to keep up, or go up by 3 or 4.

Drew can't play like this every single week. It won't happen. Nor is it realistic to expect that he will. Especially when you consider that we've played two of last year's, and this, worst Ds.

KG's lack of creativity will cost us!

Can anyone name a handful of specific plays that were out of the ordinary? I can't.

These ridiculous screens to the WRs are getting old. Henry up the middle when the entire known world (including the D) is expecting it is silly.

Our O is just that good that it can score that many points by simply playing a normal traditional game. In games that were are prevented from scoring so much, KG's gonna have to come up w/ something a bit more than this bland O.

Thank Drew for the team's offensive success thus far. Not KG.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

I'm just tellin' ya, we won't be #1 for long if KG doesn't become a little more creative. Just like Bills fans to start whooping it up about being #1 in O after two weeks after playing two of the worst Ds in the league.

Denver's this week!! I'm tellin' ya now, they'll set up for Drew. If KG doesn't come into the game fresh, we'll lose easily. Drew's been splendid!!! But again, it's totally unrealistic to think that he can do it week in and week out w/ a plain 5/7 step drop and some shotgun. It won't happen against the better teams in the league!

Enjoy your euphoria however after having played two of the easiest teams on our schedule this year!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BigDoug
                      1-800-SAD-GOAT
                      • Jul 2002

All of a sudden Spurrious is a frickin' genius? The season's only one game old for Spurrious
                      Last edited by Ð; 09-16-2002, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Wys...our resident optimist

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
                          • Jul 2002

So he should resort to gimmickry and inventive plays just to be inventive and unpredictable when everything he has tried so far has worked? We have 80 points and 850 yards in two games. If someone stops us maybe he should rethink. Both the last second TD's, by the way, the Moulds one in week one and the Peerless one, were basically sandlot plays made up by Gilbride. They weren't regular calls. He set them both up by his previous calls. Drew and Peerless both said it.

Comment

• Drewpac
                            • Jul 2002

What kind of plays would you like to see him call. Why run gadget plays when you don't need them. Those are tricks that teams without as much offensive talent "NEED" to use. The Bills OBVIOUSLY are getting the job done with a traditional attack; why run some risky play when you don't need to?

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                              • Jul 2002

Gilbride did run play action vs the Jets. Also a reverse and a fake reverse. Why tinker with what is working. We obviously didn't need any in the Vikes game. Like KTD said We have 80 points and 850 yards in two games.

Comment

Working...
                              X