PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Bills/Browns scrimmage.....

WCoastFin
08-04-2003, 03:05 PM
First off, i must say I didnt watch the game so im gonna make the best judgement out of all the reviews ive read...including the one on the home page.....

Another thing, we all know that in most cases preseason games and scrimmages are NOT results from true wins and losses ...just ask the Rams of last year that didnt win a single preseason game and continued the horrendous gameplay till about week 5 when they won their first game...lol.....

Now, from all ive read.....the Defense played good from what i heard, stuffing the Browns 1st team....but yet the offense wasnt all that good....Bledsoe threw a pick and they couldnt get in the endzone.........pfffff bwahahaha!!!

THESE ARE THE BROWNS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!

they dont have a single star on their team...dont get me wrong, they have some good players, but no all stars....from what i see this offseason, just like i thought Buffalo concentrated too much on the defense and not enough on the offense....Sure, your defense played great, but cmon look at the offense they were up against, a 9-7 team, who i personally thought was a lot worse than the Bills....I think Drew Bledsoe will be exposed this year and continue where he left off the second half of the year .... I dont think you guys have the same firepower on offense that you had last year....last year at this time i remember listening on how powerful the offense was gonna be with all the speed....i think little by little the losing of Peerless Price will began to sink in...this is definatley no where near last seasons offense...All in All i dont see any improvement, but i must say with all the new additions you havent gotten any worse either.....

cordog
08-04-2003, 03:11 PM
Have you ever watched football? Your a freakin idiot

Patrick76777
08-04-2003, 03:18 PM
Fin fans never let me down. Just when you thought one could bring something to the table. They f up again. Good job buddy.

StanMarino13
08-04-2003, 03:21 PM
WAY to early to say the defense will be good, and the offense will be bad. I dont think Losing Price will be a good thing for the offense, but with a more balanced offense the Bills O should be just fine. Defenses are usually ahead of offenses at this stage of the off season so I wouldnt read too much into any scrimmage or ps game at this pt.

TedMock
08-04-2003, 03:31 PM
He didn't see the scrimmage or get a ton of info on it, we owe him a little slack. Actually the starting offense looked very good with the exception of the pick. Moulds cut one way and Bledsoe threw the other. It appeared to be the standard QB/WR not on the same page but Bledsoe said that one was on him. Yes, the defense looked very stellar. As far as losing Price is concerned...are you serious? The number 2 receiver has NO business grabbing 90+ balls for 1100+ yards. We were the epitomy of UNBALANCED offense. My biggest concern is Kevin Gilbride. Gilbride called so many pass plays last year that he made an average #2 guy a $5million superstar. I do think Price is talented and I hope he flurishes in Atlanta with Vick. It could be scary but he could also end up Az-Hakim. Josh Reed has far better hands than Price and is far better at breaking tackles. Price is faster and made game breaking plays last season but he also broke our hearts with key drops. Supposedly they're going to pound the ball more with the big backs they have. If that's done it'll allow Bledsoe to play action. He does force stupid passes at times but as far as a play action deep ball, he's as good as anybody. I just don't trust Gilbride to call to players strengths. Plus losing Price is directly what got us Takeo Spikes on defense. I think he'll have as big an impact on that side of the ball. We'll see.

Patrick76777
08-04-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by TedMock
He didn't see the scrimmage or get a ton of info on it, we owe him a little slack. Actually the starting offense looked very good with the exception of the pick. Moulds cut one way and Bledsoe threw the other. It appeared to be the standard QB/WR not on the same page but Bledsoe said that one was on him. Yes, the defense looked very stellar. As far as losing Price is concerned...are you serious? The number 2 receiver has NO business grabbing 90+ balls for 1100+ yards. We were the epitomy of UNBALANCED offense. My biggest concern is Kevin Gilbride. Gilbride called so many pass plays last year that he made an average #2 guy a $5million superstar. I do think Price is talented and I hope he flurishes in Atlanta with Vick. It could be scary but he could also end up Az-Hakim. Josh Reed has far better hands than Price and is far better at breaking tackles. Price is faster and made game breaking plays last season but he also broke our hearts with key drops. Supposedly they're going to pound the ball more with the big backs they have. If that's done it'll allow Bledsoe to play action. He does force stupid passes at times but as far as a play action deep ball, he's as good as anybody. I just don't trust Gilbride to call to players strengths. Plus losing Price is directly what got us Takeo Spikes on defense. I think he'll have as big an impact on that side of the ball. We'll see.

Very nice post Ted. like the part about a number two guy putting up those kind of numbers.

Dozerdog
08-04-2003, 03:38 PM
When has little things like facts, intelligence, or football knowledge gotten in the way of a WCF post?

The_Philster
08-04-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
When has little things like facts, intelligence, or football knowledge gotten in the way of a WCF post?

:lol:

cordog
08-04-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

very good point doser

I should get on phin heaven and post a review of their scrimmage that i didnt watch

Jan Reimers
08-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Thank you for your insightful comments, Now crawl back under your rock, WCF.

WG
08-04-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
I think Drew Bledsoe will be exposed this year and continue where he left off the second half of the year .... I dont think you guys have the same firepower on offense that you had last year....last year at this time i remember listening on how powerful the offense was gonna be with all the speed....i think little by little the losing of Peerless Price will began to sink in...this is definatley no where near last seasons offense...All in All i dont see any improvement, but i must say with all the new additions you havent gotten any worse either.....

For good or bad, I agree w/ you on Bledsoe Boast!

In fact, had he not had two great games v. Minnesota and Chicago in the beginning of the year, I think he would have "been exposed" last year. He was 17/16 otherwise and only 6-8, unable to perform well personally against any decent team. W/o those two games, Drew's O averaged only ~200 passing yards in the other 14 games and barely over a TD.

With what he had at his disposal, he shouldn't have played so poorly!

Minnesota and Chicago were pushovers, but after those, he really didn't play much better than slightly better than average. Since we don't open or even have teams as weak as Chicago on our schedule this year, I agree that he'll be "exposed" as you say.

I will disagree that we're not loaded however. I think in fact we'll be better on O than we were last year w/ the exception noted above. Our schedule's tougher, so thus the reason for that. But we're a far more balanced team and as I predicted, Reed is making everyone forget Price already. There are no more doubts as to his "speed" and other capabilities. Henry's in his second year w/ a fire (or two) underneath him. Our young OL, while it played splendidly last year, will have another season of chemistry and experience under their belts.

I.e., I think we have all the same "firepower" as you put it, and possibly more. It's simply different. It's not the vertical passing game we had last season. Then again, how far did that get us? .500, for it was the O that let us down after it fizzled out after the first 5 or 6 weeks.

But much of this hinges on Gilbride. If he truly changes the team, then we'll have "more firepower." If not, then it'll be less. So IMO Gilbride's ass is on the line here. As is Drew's. If Drew can't manage to play better than last year, then he's not worth the bucks he's gettin'. If Gilbride can't control the O better, then he's not worth anything at all!

WG
08-04-2003, 04:19 PM
Also, we'll see that while Moore may not have JR's speed, whatever he touches sticks like glue! He's a very sure-handed TE.

TigerJ
08-04-2003, 06:30 PM
:rofl:

I'm with you cordog. Anyone can read a paragraph about a scrimmage they didn't see and spew missinformed opinions about what took place. I will agree that DB needs to take better care of the ball. I guess the official explanation on the interception is that Moulds read out and Bledsoe read in on the adjustment. Regardless of how it happened, those kinds of mistakes can kill you. We've got to fix them, sooner, not later.

Patrick76777
08-05-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

For good or bad, I agree w/ you on Bledsoe Boast!

In fact, had he not had two great games v. Minnesota and Chicago in the beginning of the year, I think he would have "been exposed" last year. He was 17/16 otherwise and only 6-8, unable to perform well personally against any decent team. W/o those two games, Drew's O averaged only ~200 passing yards in the other 14 games and barely over a TD.

With what he had at his disposal, he shouldn't have played so poorly!

Minnesota and Chicago were pushovers, but after those, he really didn't play much better than slightly better than average. Since we don't open or even have teams as weak as Chicago on our schedule this year, I agree that he'll be "exposed" as you say.

I will disagree that we're not loaded however. I think in fact we'll be better on O than we were last year w/ the exception noted above. Our schedule's tougher, so thus the reason for that. But we're a far more balanced team and as I predicted, Reed is making everyone forget Price already. There are no more doubts as to his "speed" and other capabilities. Henry's in his second year w/ a fire (or two) underneath him. Our young OL, while it played splendidly last year, will have another season of chemistry and experience under their belts.

I.e., I think we have all the same "firepower" as you put it, and possibly more. It's simply different. It's not the vertical passing game we had last season. Then again, how far did that get us? .500, for it was the O that let us down after it fizzled out after the first 5 or 6 weeks.

But much of this hinges on Gilbride. If he truly changes the team, then we'll have "more firepower." If not, then it'll be less. So IMO Gilbride's ass is on the line here. As is Drew's. If Drew can't manage to play better than last year, then he's not worth the bucks he's gettin'. If Gilbride can't control the O better, then he's not worth anything at all!

Is this true, I didn't know you felt that way. You've been so quiet on the issue!

justasportsfan
08-05-2003, 08:02 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WCoastFin
[B]First off, i must say I didnt watch the game so im gonna make the best judgement out of all the reviews ive read...including the one on the home page.....

Another thing, we all know that in most cases preseason games and scrimmages are NOT results from true wins and losses ...just ask the Rams of last year that didnt win a single preseason game and continued the horrendous gameplay till about week 5 when they won their first game...lol.....

Now, from all ive read.....the Defense played good from what i heard, stuffing the Browns 1st team....but yet the offense wasnt all that good....Bledsoe threw a pick and they couldnt get in the endzone.........pfffff bwahahaha!!!

THESE ARE THE BROWNS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!

they dont have a single star on their team...dont get me wrong, they have some good players, but no all stars....from what i see this offseason, just like i thought Buffalo concentrated too much on the defense and not enough on the offense....Sure, your defense played great, but cmon look at the offense they were up against, a 9-7 team, who i personally thought was a lot worse than the Bills....I think Drew Bledsoe will be exposed this year and continue where he left off the second half of the year .... I dont think you guys have the same firepower on offense that you had last year....last year at this time i remember listening on how powerful the offense was gonna be with all the speed....i think little by little the losing of Peerless Price will began to sink in...this is definatley no where near last seasons offense...All in All i dont see any improvement, but i must say with all the new

:lol: One things for sure, the Village idiot/clown is consistently good for a laugh. I feel bad sometimes. It's like laughing at rainman. It's not his fault but you can't help but laugh at him. He must've ran out of matches to count. :D

Aero II
08-05-2003, 08:11 AM
I think the ink from that Charlie Tuna Tatoo is going to his head.