PDA

View Full Version : How the Buffalo Bills can start to gain RESPECT in the league

ublinkwescore
09-16-2002, 11:29 AM
This next week, we play the Denver Broncos - we're 9 point underdogs - but have shown that we can win on the road - in a place where we've never won at before. Bledsoe, Josh Reed, and Peerless Price have all had the games of their career, and the Broncos don't have a Randy Moss (who - if you watched the game you could tell he was getting a little upset).

The Jets got lucky against us... VERY lucky.

If we can go into Denver, and beat them, I say we deserve to be placed on the top 10 in anyone's power rankings, and the Buffalo Bills will have established themselves as a legitimate playoff contender.

If we go out and continue to play like this (not shooting ourselves in the foot with stupid penalties, and getting into the opposition's heads and making them make dumb mistakes) we can go far this year.

I say it's time for us to start shutting up these so called exerts that produce these spreads, and get some respect.

Make the Broncos bench Griese.

Novacane
09-16-2002, 11:33 AM
I'm jumping on that game! $50 on the Bills to cover that spread! 9 is to high. I could see 7.

I think we are catching Denver at a good time. Comming of 2 big wins they may take us lightly.

BillsMan80
09-16-2002, 11:50 AM
A win there would be a STATEMENT.

Novacane
09-16-2002, 11:54 AM
I am not giving up my tickets for that one.

Valerie
09-16-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore Make the Broncos bench Griese.
Is Griese considered a decent quarterback? I didn't see that game but saw the highlights and he doesn't look that bad. Plus, they beat the 49ers and I thought that the Niners were a better team than the Broncos.

Novacane
09-16-2002, 12:12 PM
Griese on threw for around 130 yards. The Bronco D were the heros in that game. HE is on the verge of being benched!

Valerie
09-16-2002, 12:14 PM
Really? He's that bad? I had no idea. Who's their back-up? Is he better or worse than Griese? He's fairly new though, right? He's only played for one or two years, right? You think he's still learning or he just sucks outright? Elway's shoes are pretty big ones to fill in Denver.

ublinkwescore
09-16-2002, 12:15 PM
Shanahan was toying with benching Griese in week one in their game against the Rams.

I hope our D-line can continue to get pressure on opposing quarterbacks (and hopefully stop the run better this upcoming game). I want to see a ton of 3 and outs against Denver.

Right now, I think we should be ranked higher then Atlanta, Kansas City, and Tennessee (who lost to the cowboys who lost to the Texans) just a notch below the Jets - which should put us just out of the top ten for now (no worse then 12th). If we beat Denver, we deserve to be ranked no lower then 8th.

Novacane
09-16-2002, 12:23 PM
Griese's back up is Steve Buerline.

Griese's problem from what I have read is he is an achoholic and is not very friendly to his teamates. Not a team leader I guess.

Valerie
09-16-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6 Griese's problem from what I have read is he is an achoholic and is not very friendly to his teamates. Not a team leader I guess.
Wasn't that Kerry Collins problem too? But he over came it and now he's a pretty decent quarterback. Maybe Griese just needs to get help and turn his life around.

Novacane
09-16-2002, 12:41 PM
Yeah. Hope he turns his life around too. Just hope he does'nt start until next Monday. :-)

Valerie
09-16-2002, 12:50 PM
Agreed, B2R! ;)

JefftheBillsfan
09-16-2002, 02:37 PM
when griese wants to play he can...

Captain gameboy
09-16-2002, 03:01 PM
Mike Shanahan is one of the best offensive minds/playcallers in the NFL Griese is a slightely below average QB, IMO. We'll see how it works out. I do think that the Bills defense is on a steep portion of it's learning curve, and might surprise.

Buffatexas
09-16-2002, 04:25 PM
we will get the respect when we pound the pats and squish the fish....but for now...lets buck the broncos

TigerJ
09-16-2002, 11:07 PM
How to gain respect:

Keep winning.

Develop a defense that complements our explosive offence.

The_Philster
09-17-2002, 03:09 AM
Nicely put, TigerJ....simple and to the point. :up:

Captain gameboy
09-17-2002, 06:39 AM
I'm getting the wet blanket syndrome. The more I saw of Denver's defense yesterday on film clips and in comment, the more worried I got. They are very athletic behind the D'line. very good LB's and DB's. I expect the Bills to see the most extensive blitz packages they have faced. Regardless of what happens, I'm not judging our team until after Chicago and Oakland. A decent defensive effort is required here, though.