• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Allen's induction ceremony

Allen's the star at Hall of Fame induction ceremony
    CANTON, Ohio - There have been faster running backs, those more powerful, some with more God-given ability.

But for the total package, few topped Marcus Allen.

Allen, who played for the Chiefs from 1993 through 1997, received football's ultimate individual honor Sunday when he was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Marcus Allen's Pro Football Hall of Fame speech

"Words do not measure the profound feeling I have at this moment that my father presented me. He vowed to be the father that he didn't have. He's been that and more. That's why it was so important for me to have my dad up here.

"My football life began many years ago watching many of these gentlemen behind me. At 10 years old, I donned the pads and I played for a pee wee team called the Lions. The player that inspired me the most because I was a cornerback was Lem Barney. My brothers can attest to this: We watched the
    Cleveland Browns when Leroy Kelly displayed some incredible moves in the mud. What my brothers and I saw on television, we would try to emulate at home.

more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Allen shows kindness in induction

CANTON, Ohio - The beautiful bow Marcus Allen wrapped around his spectacular football career Sunday at the 40th Hall of Fame induction ceremony might even have stretched around Raiders owner Al Davis.

Apparently there's no room for bitterness in a man's heart when he receives an invitation to sport's most privileged and prestigious fraternity. As cool as it would have been for Allen to enter the Hall emotionally and mentally as the exclusive property of the Chiefs, it's proper that he went in remembering and cherishing only the things that made him an all-time great.

more

Comment

Working...
      X