PDA

View Full Version : Map/Directions/Info to Slider's before Ravens game:

WG
08-04-2003, 08:40 PM
Map to Slider's (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?size=big&mapdata=5%2b8Zmnm7bJw8pYK4mzGv%2biJ5nLZylJpEAAqxs3OrPtcuzPzTlhjhFAWOg%2bMljHuf9FrI452HFzJDsv2Er4iCeM1Tk7C2O3eoUZdy%2fn8YTSKb0PsTq4aQM8Vdgd8ymSjT4BpkUVVUZL37AJzgUApm2TWck0MS52Wbr2J6AkufQZzelkefbwa8B8J4gLxgmYJSQji8FT7twAewWa97SWGU1vAXqKLoxILJqNKIBknmdje9ZiF8geyBqBxdCmQfQYpnKd7ZssjggMNCpV8s%2buOCoAqNIGfopUZta1b927IIDMYiysulc9YS3cNKU0zpoogOAD%2fKi7cosgjyl94DQLOGU8GRG4FEWnntMaND13cwrrECU%2bqKpzBDZd%2fYH7VW%2bmD7)

OK....

As you can see, Slider's is very easy to find if you can see Camden Yards, which you're blind if you can't while your in central Baltimore. :D

The easiest way to get there is by approaching the Inner Harbor on the south side of I-695.

There are 3 exits that work. The easiest if you are looking for daylong free parking is to take the exit for Washington Blvd. That also happens to be the street that Slider's is on, however, I do not believe you can access Slider's directly from that side however. But, you will find tons of free, decent parking where you won't have to worry about your car.

If you can find your way to the intersection of W. Ostend St. and W. Comico St. then just look there on the streets for free parking where you won't have to pay the garages or meters. It's also about 1/3 mile west of Ravens stadium which will make getting to your car very easy following the game.

To get there:

Take the Washington Blvd. exit and go north, into Baltimore or towards the stadium side of 695. If you're on 695 you can't possibly miss which side that is. After going north on Washington Blvd. just make a RIGHT onto W. Ostend and go until you see W. Comico. Or simply make a right at Monroe or anywhere following, go to W. Comico St., and make a left until you get to near W. Ostend.

From there you can park and walk to Slider's, ~ 1/2 a mile or so, but through the Ravens and Camden Yards area. Camden Yards may even be open since there is no game that day. In fact, if you come from the south and go into Eutaw St. in right field of CY, when you emerge on the north end, you'll see Slider's right in front of you.

You can also exit at Russell St. or 395, but once you go down there, be prepared to get into a web of one-way streets. The "crossover" to the Slider's side is not as easy, but possible. Also, parking will be more bucks or meters which you'll have to reload often. 2 hr. limit on most. $1/hr. Quarters only.

If you take Russell, just after you pass Camden Yards on your right, the road will curve to the right. If you look to the left in that curve, you'll see Slider's, but I don't think it's convenient to stop or turn there. You have to go past, and then left, and around the blocks and look for metered parking.

Use the mapquest map, but realize that Russell St. serves as a street divider making crossing it via car difficult unless you know the area well. I can offer further help at Slider's if someone wants to move. I always park at W. Comico and W. Ostend for games at Ravens Stadium. No problems.

The address of Slider's is 504 Washington Blvd. and the number is 410-547-8891. Kristin is the POC at Slider's.

Party Info:

Slider's will be having a "block party" that day, which will make finding the place that much easier. There will be some food/drink specials for that day as well. The block party entails a Beer truck out front.

Specials for that day are their happy hour specials:

Rail drink specials
$2 pints of domestic
$1 8 oz-ers

$15.00 for a pitcher of beer, or soda I'm sure, and 2 lbs. of wings!!!

Can't beat that!

Tatonka
08-04-2003, 09:11 PM
should we wear nametags? :D

you will know if i come.. my blazers plates say TTONKA

WG
08-04-2003, 09:30 PM
When you drive your Blazer thru the front doors, we'll assume it's you w/o reading the plates!

:D

I'll be the only one wearing a BillsZone T-Shirt! :evil:

WG
08-04-2003, 09:30 PM
Should I bring the Bills Conehead?

R. Rich
08-05-2003, 09:39 AM
I heard that there was free parking at the Mobil station down the street (hahahaha!!!).

Pride
08-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Dont forget, we have pictures of all of the moderators and admins which may help when meeting people you don't know:

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?state=news&action=YourSite_content&month=0&nid=5565

Wys
http://www.billszone.com/images/staff/wys.jpg

Throne Logic
08-05-2003, 02:50 PM
If anyone is interested in lower-level End Zone seats, I work with a guy who has a number of seasons he's willing to let go for about 1/2 price.

WG
08-05-2003, 10:56 PM
What section there TL?

Does it face the big screen? I need to take notes.

WG
08-05-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Pride
Dont forget, we have pictures of all of the moderators and admins which may help when meeting people you don't know:

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?state=news&action=YourSite_content&month=0&nid=5565

Wys
http://www.billszone.com/images/staff/wys.jpg

Nice pic! Remind me to change it!

BTW y'all, I'm the one on the left...

Tatonka
08-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
If anyone is interested in lower-level End Zone seats, I work with a guy who has a number of seasons he's willing to let go for about 1/2 price.

i am interested. how much would 2 be?

MDFINFAN
08-06-2003, 12:34 AM
Hey, no clones heads Wys, I'm a classy guy, Tonk, can't wait to meet ya, and Wys, you're actually showing your face on this board, now the members will grab it and put on their dot boards.
Hopefully they cut out your child face first. LOL btw, I'm interested in a ticket Throne.

Valerie
08-06-2003, 07:09 AM
Weren't you supposed to come to Richie Rich's this past Saturday, MDFinFan? You totally blew us off.

R. Rich
08-06-2003, 08:46 AM
He can make it up to us this Saturday. The first round's on you, MDFINFAN!

Throne Logic
08-06-2003, 01:00 PM
Uhg, well, I won't be making it after all. Wedding plans to make. Bad timing.

I'll check on the details of those tix. I believe he want's about $30 per ticket for lower-level End Zone. I'll verify and post it here.

G. Host
08-09-2003, 11:28 AM
http://members.cox.net/billswatch/baltimore-parking.html

And it is Wicomico St NOT W. Comico Street