• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott
    shelby's big brother
    • Jul 2002

Direct TV

YAHOO!
    I got my Direct TV dish installed last weekend with the NFL Sunday Ticket.
    I will now be able to watch each and every Bills game (or any other team for that matter).
    Best part is that I can charge my sister admission!
  • clumping platelets

Comment

• Vetteman84
      Im not a chick!
      • Apr 2003

Welcome to the 21st century man.

"Let's Roll"
      Todd Beamer
      Flight 93
      9/11/01

Comment

• Aero II
        RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
        • Jul 2002

Directv ROCKS!

Comment

• Bulldog
          Top Dog
          • Jan 2003

What does the NFL Sunday Ticket cost? I have been thinking about ditching my cable and going with a dish. I have seen various deals, but what is the average cost of a package that has the ESPN's and Empire. Any info or feedback would be much appreciated.
          I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I've had it for years. It's up to $209, but you can pay it in 4 installments. After the first year, you get a discount - not sure exactly how much, perhaps $20.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Bulldog
              Top Dog
              • Jan 2003

Did you think it was worth the money Jan? Do you still have your dish? What didn't you like about the dish as opposed to cable? Sorry for all the questions, just curious.
              I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Scott
                Best part is that I can charge my sister admission!
                that's cruel...she works hard for her money...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2002

$179 for long time customers like me.

Anybody watch the preview for this season? Looks like it will be more "interactive". 4 games will be "enhansed" by having scores and stats all around the screen.

Comment

• muestafa1
                    • Apr 2003

Direct TV is currently runnning a special for new subscribers

You pay for NFL Sunday ticket (4 payments of $60) and sign up for one year of service with local channels and they give you a two room system and 4 free months of service. The kicker is that the 4 free months is of their Total Choice Premier package which is normally $90 a month (includes all of the premium channels)

Just make sure you downgrade back to the package you signed up for after the four months or I think they'll leave you at the premier package and it's price tag...

It looks like this offer is valid through October... i'm waiting a little bit so I can get Christmas to fall within the free four months so I can watch all the Christmas Specials (I'm a Christma-holic)

More Info:

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      • May 2003

I was talking about the NFL Sunday Ticket. I think with DirecTV, ESPN comes with the basic package but you have to upgrade to get the regional sports networks, including Empire. I've had the DirecTV Platinum Plan, all sports packages and 4 recievers for so long I really don't know individual rates anymore. I pay over $200 per month, but that's a little extreme.

You should call DirecTV for details.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by Bulldog
                        Did you think it was worth the money Jan? Do you still have your dish? What didn't you like about the dish as opposed to cable? Sorry for all the questions, just curious.
                        Obviously, I love DirecTV. There are 2 problems, however: It is subject to rain sheer, meaning you can lose the signal during heavy rain storms; and where I live in NC, it does not carry the local network stations, even though I am considered to be in their viewing area. This means I had to get waivers from the netwoks to get their programming - Fox and CBS granted them, but NBC and ABC did not. So I have to watch NBC and ABC on cable.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Direct sucks if you live in the hometown of the team you want to see...for example...in Buffalo, the Sabres games are blacked out if they are not sold out...when was the last time a hockey game was sold out.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• R. Rich
                            • Apr 2003

DirecTV was the FIRST thing we bought once we got our first home in 2001. That should tell you if it's worth it or not. Then again, we live in the Baltimore area and need it to see our teams (her Steelers and my Bills). Plus, we save a ton of money by not going out to the sports bars!

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Keep in mind you can subscribe to ONLY the Sunday Ticket if you want, without carrying one of their programming packages. Just a thought, if for some reason you wanted to keep your cable.

Comment

Working...
                              X