44 Years of Bills Football and only 6 in the HOF??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

44 Years of Bills Football and only 6 in the HOF??

OJ, Billy Shaw, Kelly, Marv, Joe D, and Lofton....

That's it.

Who else should be there? Mike Stratton? Sestak? McDole? Kemp? Shane Nelson? Smerlas? Haslett?

Probably once they are eligible, Thruman, Andre, and Bruce are in, but is there anyone else?
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

How about Lou Sabin? Or Ralph?

Comment

• R. Rich
      • Apr 2003

It's tough to call. I'd like to see Sestak, Stratton, or Kemp get in there, but if it hasn't happened by now, it may not. As for the 90s Bills, Bruce will get in for sure on the first ballot. Thurman probably will also get in on the first ballot as well. Andre willl get in some time, I believe, I just don't know if it will be first ballot or not.

Comment

• R. Rich
        • Apr 2003

Lou Saban won't get in. Ralph probably will; I just hope they put him in during his lifetime. He's been close the last couple votings.

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

Hell, it was one forever. We have 5 in the past 3 or 4 years. And it's going to keep coming.

Don't forget that Tasker has an outside chance. Way outside, but a chance nonetheless. I think Kent Hull may also be considered but that would take longer.
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• R. Rich
            • Apr 2003

Kent Hull is the one I'd really like to see get into the Hall. I've always said if it weren't for the great centers in the AFC during his career (Matthews, Mosebar, Stepnoski, Dawson), he would've made a lot more than the 3 Pro Bowls he did make and would be a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame.

Comment

• HenryRules
              • Jul 2002

R. Rich, I completely agree with you and was just about to post the same thing.

Unfortunately, I think with OL, the voters are going to end up relying on things like the # of pro bowls made as there aren't really any other ways for out-of-towners to notice/remember OL years after they've played, so I don't see Hull going in anytime soon at all.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Sestak should be in, Stratton is a maybe, Kemp really didn't have the numbers. Ralph will get there, as will Bruce, Thurman, Andre, and perhaps Tasker.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• R. Rich
                  • Apr 2003

What they should do is look at the fact that despite playing in the same era as those centers (all multiple Pro Bowl selections), he still had a long career and made 3 Pro Bowls! I would vote him in without question. If he ever does get selected, I will go to Canton to see it.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Don't foget that for the most part this team sucked from 1968-1986...except OJ there were no HOFers on this team. The AFL Bills are stigmatized. Kemp may be the only one with a chance and by now he time is well gone. Saban is viewed as a vagabond who could not get along with anybody.

The only other members of the pre-1985 Bills with a chance are Ralph and Reggie McKenzie. JMO.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                      • Jul 2002

But remember that they put an old timer in every year. Kemp could come in under that rule.
                      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Kemp won 2 AFL titles.

Tasker was MVP in the Pro Bowl one year. I still can't believe he did that.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                          • May 2003

I got into football when I was about 8 (1978) and I started going to the games in '82. There were some rough years back then. I just can't see there being any other Hall of Fame guys from back then. I think Bruce, Thurman, and Andre will eventually get in but I don't think Tasker is a shoe in. I hope they put Ralph in, Al Davis better be pushing for it too.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

I like Kemp, but his 2 AFL titles are probably not enough. I think he was a sub-50% passer most of his career. Like it or not, an HOF QB has to have the numbers.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Sestak
                              Thurman
                              Reed
                              BRUCE
                              Ralph

maybes
                              Tasker
                              Smerlas
                              Originally posted by Patrick76777
                              Hell, it was one forever. We have 5 in the past 3 or 4 years. And it's going to keep coming. .
                              Actually 5 in 5 years
                              1999-Shaw
                              2001-Marv
                              2002-Kelly
                              2003-Joe D, Lofton
                              Originally posted by Patrick76777
                              But remember that they put an old timer in every year. Kemp could come in under that rule.
                              The seniors committee makes a nomination of someone who's been out of the league a specified number of years...that candidate is an automatic for the final 15...he usually makes the final cut as well.
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X