• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

More Poor Reports about Travis Brown

From nodnarb at stadiumwall.com

Travis Brown had better start putting his resume together. In a word: incomplete.

• R. Rich
    • Apr 2003

If the Bills are still so in love with Brown, that may not matter. With the good reports I've seen on Johnson, it will be interesting to see how this develops.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

What. I thought Brown was ready to step in and start?

Comment

• Fairway To Green
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by R. Rich
        If the Bills are still so in love with Brown, that may not matter. With the good reports I've seen on Johnson, it will be interesting to see how this develops.

You are not referring to Jason Johson are you. I heard on the radio he's looked awful in camp

Comment

• HenryRules
          • Jul 2002

Doesn't sound like either of our backups are doing much ... looks like our backup QB will be whoever doesn't lose the competition instead of who wins.

Comment

• Wys Guy
            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
            • Jul 2002

Re: More Poor Reports about Travis Brown

Originally posted by billsfanone
            From nodnarb at stadiumwall.com

Travis Brown had better start putting his resume together. In a word: incomplete.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=1676&hl=
            You sound very excited there BFO.

I guess you're happy that we won't have any decent depth at QB then!

Hmmm...

Puzzling!!!

Are a lot of other people happy too? Perhaps b/c I had a hunch that he'd be OK! Anyone else seemingly excited that we only have Van Pelt, , to back Drew up?

I consider it an issue if he doesn't step up. Especially if Drew plays poorly or gets injured. I have little faith in VP and that gets even less the more games he plays. He'd be fine in a handful of games, but just as in '01, his arm will tire over an extended period. Doesn't anyone remember any of those "floaters" and INTs?

Just me, huh...

Sigh!
            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy

I guess you're happy that we won't have any decent depth at QB then!

Hmmm...

Puzzling!!!

Are a lot of other people happy too? Perhaps b/c I had a hunch that he'd be OK! Anyone else seemingly excited that we only have Van Pelt, , to back Drew up?

I consider it an issue if he doesn't step up. Especially if Drew plays poorly or gets injured. I have little faith in VP and that gets even less the more games he plays. He'd be fine in a handful of games, but just as in '01, his arm will tire over an extended period. Doesn't anyone remember any of those "floaters" and INTs?

Just me, huh...

Sigh!
              so Wys doesn't like any of the 4 QBs in camp...surprise......again, I ask, who would you have as your QB, GM Wys?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green

You are not referring to Jason Johson are you. I heard on the radio he's looked awful in camp
                Interesting you ask that TtG. I heard from the reports how "awful" TB was, but the only negative thing that I heard was the he missed some stiff TE in the endzone while playing w/ the third unit. From his actual play, what I've been able to piece together of it, it doesn't appear that he's been bad by any stretch. Perhaps not good, but not too bad.

Funny tho, that he gets nixed for missing a TE in the EZ w/ the third unit since Drew did that how many times or similar last year in regular season games w/ the first unit, and never took much heat for it!

Interesting indeed!!!

I hope Brown makes it simply b/c we need something besides Van Pelt. VP might be OK for a game or two, but he isn't gonna do anything for more than that. I don't care how much weight he's lost.
                Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy

HOW THE F CAN YOU ASSUME I'M EXCITED?!?!

I'm worried, not excited.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

it is kind of like when you gleefully say that drew threw another pick.. just so you can write 5 pages of stuff (i wouldnt know, i cant usually read it) about drews comments about the pick..

i think it is that kind of happy.. happy as in, we were right, you were wrong.. like you have been trying to prove all along about drew..

you want the world to go " Gee Wys, you were right.. drew sucks. you told us all."

well, you should expect people to say the same when travis blows, like most knew he would.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                      • Jul 2002

I guess you misinterpreted the thumbs down.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                        • Jul 2002

And I didn't really say much. [sarcasm] Gee am I excited or what!? [/sarcasm]

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

AVP and TB both appear to be struggling somewhat - as is much of the offense. It's a little early to give up on them. I believe they'll improve as camp goes on, and end up being what most of us thought they would be - adequate backups, but not long term solutions. At least we don't have a starting QB controversy.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jaded 7
                            Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                            • Jul 2002

Why don't we just make a play for Rob Johnson? He'll be cut in a few more weeks from the Skins since he can't step up to the plate and compete against a rookie and pathetic Danny Wuerffel. Who was called back because Rob sucks so much! AVP is a decent back-up. I'd rather have him on the sidelines than Rob.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                            Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                            The only answer I found for all this hurt
                            Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

You got me wrong WYS. I was hoping he could step up and take the second spot. I just as I always have stated can't see him being ready to step in and start especially when we have put in place a very talented team.

Comment

Working...
                              X