Here's an article that should make you guys feel good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MDFINFAN
    • Jun 2003

Here's an article that should make you guys feel good.

It's the top offseason moves in the NFL.

I don't neccessarily disagree with this, except the comments on Adams. I do diasgree with those until Adams proves me wrong..He has to do what he does in the first half of the season in the second half to prove me wrong, just like Miami D has to prove to me they can play on the road.

Top 25 moves of the offseason

Reach for the stars
  • clumping platelets

Well #13 is very wrong

Comment

• MDFINFAN
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by clumping platelets
      Well #13 is very wrong
      Why is that Clump, when he's healthy, he's beast? But his personal problems will keep him from being the elite player he can be on a year in and year out basis.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• TypicalBill
        • Sep 2002

Daryl Gardener is a beast!! when healthy, he's unstopable. Its his off-field issues that concern teams about him. His back problems are a concern too but he was the best D-Lineman with the Redskins last year period and is an elite player when healthy.
        For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Price #1? Colvin ahead of Spikes? Posey not listed? Jake
          Plummer a key move? Maybe for Arizona, which finally gets rid of the loser.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Ed
            • Sep 2002

Seau's play has been fading in December? Hey, fin fans are right, he is a perfect fit in Miami! :)

Everyone seems to think the aquistion of Adams was a great move by the Bills except for fin fans. I wonder why?

Comment

• Wys Guy
              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              Price #1? Colvin ahead of Spikes? Posey not listed? Jake
              Plummer a key move? Maybe for Arizona, which finally gets rid of the loser.
              LMAO JR!!!

"Maybe for Arizona..."

LMAO

I totally agree w/ ya. IMO Plummer's gonna be a fantasy BUST this year. I just don't think he has the brain to learn Shanahan's system which is significantly different from the one he ran in AZ.

Actually, did AZ have a system...

LOL

Colvin ahead of Spikes...!!! Indeed!

We're all gonna see this year that Spikes becomes one of the league's top 5 LBs behind only MLBs!!!
              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                • Jul 2002

Also, Seau to the Fins and Emmitt to AZ are gonna be footnotes at the end of this season. Seau may play another year or two after this one, but his days as a playmaker are over!

Emmitt is finished and he's gonna find out exactly "how finished" after a couple of games in AZ!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• cordog
                  eat, drink, and be merry
                  • Apr 2003

I agree with you wys, Plummer is gonna be a bust. Bronco fans are gonna wish they had Griese back

Comment

• Throne Logic
                    Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy

Colvin ahead of Spikes...!!! Indeed!

We're all gonna see this year that Spikes becomes one of the league's top 5 LBs behind only MLBs!!!
                    You know, with Spikes, Adams, and Fletcher getting all the publicity, I'm kind of expecting Posey to wind up being the big numbers guy. I wouldn't be shocked if he turns out to the biggest beneficiary in the stats columns due to the attention the other guys will be given.
                    Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                      • Mar 2003

i love plummer i hope he does good. maybe new place will help him out. He didnt really have much in zona.

MUCK
                      FIAMI

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Ed
                        Seau's play has been fading in December? Hey, fin fans are right, he is a perfect fit in Miami! :)

Everyone seems to think the aquistion of Adams was a great move by the Bills except for fin fans. I wonder why?
                        Because I've seen him fade at the end, do you remember any sacks on the Buc's in the SB, did you remember the Buc's running game being locked down, when he played against the Phins, Ricky still had a good day. He's good for the 1st half of a game, then he fades in the 2nd half, but I don't need to prove anything, you'll have all season to see for yourselves.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Ed
                          • Sep 2002

Is Sam Adams the same player he was last year and in a similar situation? That's like me saying Jamie Nails is gonna play like a slow fat slob for the fins because of how he was with the Bills.

I don't need to prove anything either. When our run D goes from 29th in the league to top 5 you'll know why.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mikemac2001
                            i love plummer i hope he does good. maybe new place will help him out. He didnt really have much in zona.
                            Can't agree w/ that '01. He had a couple of pro bowl WRs, a PB receiving back in Centers for years, a decent OL at times, and very average RBs, but he had more than many teams w/ QBs that put up much better numbers! I agree that AZ's coaching has issues, but that still shouldn't stop a "marquee" QB from putting up some decent numbers! He's been flat out horrible and I really have to question the braintrust at Denver!!
                            Originally posted by Ed
                            Is Sam Adams the same player he was last year and in a similar situation? That's like me saying Jamie Nails is gonna play like a slow fat slob for the fins because of how he was with the Bills.

I don't need to prove anything either. When our run D goes from 29th in the league to top 5 you'll know why.
                            Actually, our rush D wasn't as bad as most make it out to be. The reason everyone says it was so horrendous, and it was not good, just not as bad as the media says, is b/c of the overall stats on the year.

It was really as "awful" as it was due to the Miami games. Miami had over 400 rushing yards in those games. They also only had less than 200 net passing yards in those two games total. So figure if instead of 400 rushing yards, they had had only 250, the Bills rush D would have finished the season ranked 18th. Not good, but not nearly as bad as many made it out to be.

We held Priest Holmes to barely over 100 yards and Tomlinson to under 100 yards. Those are two of the best rushers in the league! It was also much worse earlier on in the season and made significant improvements, even in rush D, as the season went on.

Having said that, the rush D was definitely the weakness of our D. But the improvements we made, will take an underrated and underheralded D and propel it to top 3 or 5!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• TedMock
                              • Jul 2002

thank you! I think the D's going to be awesome this year. The talent level is better and yes, they did get progressively better as the year went on. That's the big reason I'm still very hopeful with Gray and Williams. The players obviously bought into the system and never quit on the coaches. That's a HUGE positive sign. With the few key upgrades there's no reason this D can't be top 5. I also think that Sam Adams will be fine. He's playing at a healthier weight this season and he's not being asked to put up numbers. I could care less if he has one tackle all year. If he's tying up blockers, collapsing the pocket or forcing plays outside, he's doing a great job.

Comment

Working...
                              X