PDA

View Full Version : More from Len Pasquarelli

LtBillsFan66
08-05-2003, 01:59 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp03/columns/pasquarelli_len/1590421.html

LtBillsFan66
08-05-2003, 02:00 PM
There is an old Roger Miller song, one of those funky ditties for which the late country singer was famous, which suggests that you can't roller skate in a buffalo herd. Bills veteans are intent on proving in 2003, thanks to offseason roster upgrades, that opponents won't be able to run in a herd of Buffalo defenders, either.

Pride
08-05-2003, 02:43 PM
nice...

Jan Reimers
08-05-2003, 03:50 PM
Roger also had a hit with "Dang Me"... "They oughta take a rope and hang me"... Which is what the Fin Fans will be thinking after we whip them twice.

TedMock
08-05-2003, 03:51 PM
he makes the OL sound soft.

MDFINFAN
08-05-2003, 03:58 PM
Hope the players can live up to the lofty talk, in this league, nothing for certain, but it's good they have the beleaf, that's half the battle. The other is now other teams will read their words and try to make them eat hem. Playing good D on the field is easier said than done..Miami's D has been talked about for years, and they still haven't put it all together.

RedEyE
08-05-2003, 04:16 PM
Pasquarelli is one of the best sports writers today, and I'm not just saying that because of what he wrote about the Bills. He is truly talented.

Love this paragraph:

"Blanchard eschewed an off-tackle slant to bump the play to the outside. Fletcher all but untouched by Cleveland blockers, moved laterally to his right, already with his shoulders squared and parallel to the line of scrimmage in textbook hitting stance. The running back turned upfield, and the linebacker uncoiled like an agitated rattler and launched himself into the direction of the football, resulting in an ear-splitting splat."

You precisely picture the details of that hit as it occurs. Great stuff!

casdhf
08-05-2003, 04:20 PM
He's good. John Clayton is a worthless piece of ****. I wish the munchkin would do the world a favor and jump off a cliff.

ublinkwescore
08-05-2003, 04:57 PM
I second that about John Clayton - he looks like the kid I beat up everyday in elementary school for his lunch money.

And then again just for the fun of it during PE.

Ebenezer
08-05-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
I second that about John Clayton - he looks like the kid I beat up everyday in elementary school for his lunch money.

And then again just for the fun of it during PE.

he looked better when he was younger...ESPN made him shave his beard and mustache about 10 years ago when he got the TV gig.