Bills Lead League this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Valerie
    Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
    • Jul 2002

Bills Lead League this week

The Bills lead the league in three out of four categories this past Sunday.
    Total Passes - Drew Bledsoe with 463 (next is Rich Gannon with 403)
    Top Receiver - Peerless Price with 185 (next is Darrell Jackson with 174)
    Top Kicker - Mike Hollis with 15 points

Pretty good for the Bills. The only category they didn't come in on was rushing. The Bills also lead the league with the most points for (76) and unfortunately the most points against (76).

I think they're off to a pretty decent start. :) I hope they continue to get better and improve each week.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
    Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
    The only answer I found for all this hurt
    Is there ain't not answer here on earth

• ArcticWildMan

We're playing just like a lot of folks figured we would. Just like the Rams team that won the SB...

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

Re: Bills Lead League this week

Originally posted by Jaded 7
      The Bills lead the league in three out of four categories this past Sunday.
      Total Passes - Drew Bledsoe with 463 (next is Rich Gannon with 403)
      Top Receiver - Peerless Price with 185 (next is Darrell Jackson with 174)
      Top Kicker - Mike Hollis with 15 points

Pretty good for the Bills. The only category they didn't come in on was rushing. The Bills also lead the league with the most points for (76) and unfortunately the most points against (76).

I think they're off to a pretty decent start. :) I hope they continue to get better and improve each week.
      They also led the league in one other category...most fans almost getting a heart attack watching a game

Comment

• Wys Guy
        Drew and Sam stole all my hair
        • Jul 2002

Let's see how we do when we don't play a defensive scrub!

I'm optimistic, but I'm also realistic. Better Ds just play better D. That's all. It's common sense. In doing so, they generally allow fewer points. I simply don't see us holding teams like Denver or Oakland to less than 30 w/ our D and STs the way they are.

That means that we're gonna have to keep scoring tons of points. This week the O generated 29 against Minnesota. To expect more against better teams is naive.
        Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
          • Jul 2002

...barring some creativity from KG that is.

He has yet to demonstrate any creativity worth crap however. People can give him all the credit they want, but that doesn't mean he's deserving of it. The players are making him look good for now.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
            • Jul 2002

Food for thought:

Denver held St. Louis and S.F. to 16 and 14 points.

Are we better than either of those two offenses? I don't think so. Possibly equal, but not better.

There's no way on earth we hold Denver to less than 20 in Denver. No way!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

I still think we will go 8-8.
              You never know in football today. How does Dallas lose to Houston and beat the Titans? I am not saying they will win against Denver but you never know. I personally like our receivers better than St Louis and San Fran. The problem with Denver is they are very balanced. The last two weeks our opponents had a weakness on offense. They need to rattle Griese but Denver's line is good. But, that is why you play the game

Comment

• Jaded 7
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137 How does Dallas lose to Houston and beat the Titans?
                I'm still wondering that, Don. I was happy for the Cowboys though. I think they needed that win to get a little self confidence back. Losing to a new team is pitiful.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

See what happens when the Bills win? Princess started a Football thread!

......And the stats she put up were better than any of Wys' stats ever. lol.

I'm rating this thread a 5. Princess, I think you've gained enough zonebucks to take me out for dinner.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

oops my bad...she must've used up all those bucks on all those tequila shots.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jaded 7
                      • Jul 2002

lol@Justafan. Thanks, Babe. :peck: I can talk football. I just can't talk about it 24/7 like some of you. lol

And, I was wrong with one of my numbers. The Bills are second with the most points against them. The Lions are in first with 80 points against them. Sorry about that.

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jaded 7
                        lol@Justafan. Thanks, Babe. :peck: I can talk football. I just can't talk about it 24/7 like some of you. lol

And, I was wrong with one of my numbers. The Bills are second with the most points against them. The Lions are in first with 80 points against them. Sorry about that.
                        Jaded you are giving the Lions too much credit for calling them an NFL team

Comment

• BillsMan80
                          Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                          • Jul 2002

Actually Detroit has given up 80 points this year, but Wys, we ARE better than the Rams and Niner Offenses right now. Playing the way we are now, I will say yes, we are. If we can shut down their running game in Denver, I am confident we can stop the passing game. Griese is average, and we can stick Winfield on Smith, and Clements should be able to cover a hobbling Ed McCaffrey who is still not recovered from his injury 100%. IMO the Broncos backs are all average, and if we can get the pressure on Griese this week we have been getting, look for some turnovers this week.
                          The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                          THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• Bert102176
                            • Aug 2002

If we didn't have such a good Offense we would be 0-2 our Defense needs aloooooooooooot of help I think it didn't look like they could even keep a soccer ball from rolling past them. I miss big Ted next to Pat in the middle of our defensive line.
                            Last edited by Bert102176; 09-16-2002, 05:45 PM.
                            lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                              Let's see how we do when we don't play a defensive scrub!
                              I'm optimistic, but I'm also realistic. Better Ds just play better D. That's all. It's common sense. In doing so, they generally allow fewer points. I simply don't see us holding teams like Denver or Oakland to less than 30 w/ our D and STs the way they are.
                              wys..
                              although I had no hope in our D coming into the season, they have surprised me on stopping the run. But they haven't shown much strength in stopping the pass rush. I have no comment on Denver as I haven't seen them play, but after watching Oakland, all I can do is keep my fingers crossed.
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X