X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Bills Run Defense

I like our pass D, but I really thinkg we're gonna be in trouble next week against the Broncos

The Vikings averaged 5.5 yards per rush

Denver has much better runners and lineman than we do. Anyone have anyidea how GW will try and handle that??
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

• Phins054
    Legitimate businessman..."waste" management
    • Jul 2002

Praying...
    Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff...

Comment

• Drewpac
      • Jul 2002

I think we'll try to stuff the box and dare Griese to beat us through the air. It should be a real tough game.

Comment

• Winfield_26
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Denver dont have the WR Minny does in Moss, Winfield and Clements can probably go man-man and we could bring up Wire for run support.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

As a trio, I'd say Lelile, McAffery and Rod Smith smoke Moss, Bates and Alexander
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
            • Jul 2002

i think we will have equal success stopping the run as we had against NY.
            Its all about the quest.

Comment

• BillsMan80
              Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
              • Jul 2002

Moss is better than Smith, McCaffrey is not back to 100%, and Lelie is a rookie who is raw.
              The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
              THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                • Jul 2002

Jeff,

Bold words. If someone gave me the option right now of holding Denver to less than 150 rushing, I'd jump on it.

I wouldn't say we had any success against the Jets in stopping the run. I would say that they simply didn't run on us. 11 carries for the game by the RBs hardly qualifies as trying. Martin is clearly hurt and the Jets are trying to win via passing.

Gilbride, if he brings the same old straight forward approach to the table next week, is gonna get a lesson in defense courtesy of the Broncos.

I'd also take Rod Smith, McCaffrey, Lelie, Sharpe, Anderson, and Gary over what the Vikes put up any day of the week. They also have a D and don't have a rookie coach.

If we try to rely purely on our passing this week again, it's gonna cost us. 41-23 Broncos. While I'm happy we won, I'm also looking at reality. We didn't beat last year's SB champ! Gary and Anderson are gonna control the game. The only way we stay in this one is if we can find the running game. Otherwise the ToP will be 40/20 against us.
                Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

Lets not forget Shannon Sharpe going against Coy Wire. I don't like that one very much either
                  cas,

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Buffatexas
                    • Aug 2002

I am really hoping that Denver will underestimate us...I really think we have a chance as long as we can run the ball and not give up the big play....don't forget the Reed factor

Comment

• BigDoug
                      1-800-SAD-GOAT
                      • Jul 2002

Why would Wire be covering Sharpe?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Re: Bills Run Defense

Originally posted by casdhf
                        Anyone have anyidea how GW will try and handle that??
                        I know I'm no football guru, but could the answer possibly be........score more points?

I may just be babbling but it worked yesterday.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Sennsai
                          • Aug 2002

While Denver doesn't have a WR that equals Moss, Smith is a top 10 WR. McCaffrey is very solid and Lelie is lightening fast, but still learning. They have 3 SOLID WR's.. that's depth and many options. Minnesota had 1 STUD WR and two other bodies.

Denver has a 3man rotation at RB and will be very tough to stop. I predict Denver rotation RB's getting 140yds. Portis is a slash runner, Anderson more of a power runner and Gary adds in receiving out of the backfield. Throw in Sharpe at TE and our Defense will have it's hands full with the Denver offense. The only blessing is I don't think Griese is playing his best. Let's hope he costs them the game.
                          " It happened before, it will happen again. It's just a question of when."

Comment

• John from Hemet
                            • Jul 2002

I dont really know what is going to happen in this game.....

But I know this....the bills offense will do whatever it takes to keep the bills in it...and they have already shown that....

I really wish folks would not get so worked up that we cannot run the ball......we didn't even TRY to run it against the vikes..why should we....we had a definate advantage passing game and we exployted it......

In my opinion....this game will be a "20ish" type scoring game where we will have to be able to at least run the ball well enough to keep their defense honest.....and our defense and special teams will have to play solid

But I still think the team should show up and play the game.....
                            The Polarbear

Comment

• Bert102176
                              • Aug 2002

I say we have a slim chance at winning this one against Denver, our O will keep us in it as much as they can , but I think that the D will really let us down on this one, but I hope we do win cause in our Division we need the wins.
                              Last edited by Bert102176; 09-16-2002, 05:27 PM.
                              lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

Working...
                              X