PDA

View Full Version : Bills Run Defense

casdhf
09-16-2002, 12:55 PM
I like our pass D, but I really thinkg we're gonna be in trouble next week against the Broncos

The Vikings averaged 5.5 yards per rush

Denver has much better runners and lineman than we do. Anyone have anyidea how GW will try and handle that??

Phins054
09-16-2002, 01:03 PM
Praying...:up:

Drewpac
09-16-2002, 01:04 PM
I think we'll try to stuff the box and dare Griese to beat us through the air. It should be a real tough game.

DraftBoy
09-16-2002, 01:37 PM
Denver dont have the WR Minny does in Moss, Winfield and Clements can probably go man-man and we could bring up Wire for run support.

casdhf
09-16-2002, 01:41 PM
As a trio, I'd say Lelile, McAffery and Rod Smith smoke Moss, Bates and Alexander

JefftheBillsfan
09-16-2002, 03:00 PM
i think we will have equal success stopping the run as we had against NY.

BillsMan80
09-16-2002, 03:04 PM
Moss is better than Smith, McCaffrey is not back to 100%, and Lelie is a rookie who is raw.

WG
09-16-2002, 03:10 PM
Jeff,

Bold words. If someone gave me the option right now of holding Denver to less than 150 rushing, I'd jump on it.

I wouldn't say we had any success against the Jets in stopping the run. I would say that they simply didn't run on us. 11 carries for the game by the RBs hardly qualifies as trying. Martin is clearly hurt and the Jets are trying to win via passing.

Gilbride, if he brings the same old straight forward approach to the table next week, is gonna get a lesson in defense courtesy of the Broncos.

I'd also take Rod Smith, McCaffrey, Lelie, Sharpe, Anderson, and Gary over what the Vikes put up any day of the week. They also have a D and don't have a rookie coach.

If we try to rely purely on our passing this week again, it's gonna cost us. 41-23 Broncos. While I'm happy we won, I'm also looking at reality. We didn't beat last year's SB champ! Gary and Anderson are gonna control the game. The only way we stay in this one is if we can find the running game. Otherwise the ToP will be 40/20 against us.

casdhf
09-16-2002, 03:34 PM
Lets not forget Shannon Sharpe going against Coy Wire. I don't like that one very much either

Buffatexas
09-16-2002, 03:59 PM
I am really hoping that Denver will underestimate us...I really think we have a chance as long as we can run the ball and not give up the big play....don't forget the Reed factor

Ð
09-16-2002, 04:02 PM
Why would Wire be covering Sharpe?

justasportsfan
09-16-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
Anyone have anyidea how GW will try and handle that??

I know I'm no football guru, but could the answer possibly be........score more points?

I may just be babbling but it worked yesterday.

Sennsai
09-16-2002, 04:49 PM
While Denver doesn't have a WR that equals Moss, Smith is a top 10 WR. McCaffrey is very solid and Lelie is lightening fast, but still learning. They have 3 SOLID WR's.. that's depth and many options. Minnesota had 1 STUD WR and two other bodies.

Denver has a 3man rotation at RB and will be very tough to stop. I predict Denver rotation RB's getting 140yds. Portis is a slash runner, Anderson more of a power runner and Gary adds in receiving out of the backfield. Throw in Sharpe at TE and our Defense will have it's hands full with the Denver offense. The only blessing is I don't think Griese is playing his best. Let's hope he costs them the game. :anvil:

John from Hemet
09-16-2002, 04:52 PM
I dont really know what is going to happen in this game.....

But I know this....the bills offense will do whatever it takes to keep the bills in it...and they have already shown that....

I really wish folks would not get so worked up that we cannot run the ball......we didn't even TRY to run it against the vikes..why should we....we had a definate advantage passing game and we exployted it......

In my opinion....this game will be a "20ish" type scoring game where we will have to be able to at least run the ball well enough to keep their defense honest.....and our defense and special teams will have to play solid

But I still think the team should show up and play the game.....

Bert102176
09-16-2002, 05:25 PM
I say we have a slim chance at winning this one against Denver, our O will keep us in it as much as they can , but I think that the D will really let us down on this one, but I hope we do win cause in our Division we need the wins.