PDA

View Full Version : Centers eraned NEW respect for Drew

northernbillfan
09-16-2002, 01:57 PM
This is an amazing story about how Drew came into the game after a bad hit that cut his neck and lip.

Larry Centers:

"There was a point in Sunday's overtime win over the Vikings when he looked into Drew Bledsoe's face in the Bills' offensive huddle and realized he had underestimated him. For the first time, he understood what an extraordinary competitor and quarterback the guy really is."

Full story (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20020916/1025618.asp)

LABillsFan
09-16-2002, 10:42 PM
Yes he is a warrior, yes he had a career game, yes he was bloodied and bruised, yes he has a cannon for an arm, yes his **** smells like roses. We all had an Idea of the caliber player he was and is showing he still is. Yes we knew the Bills needed leadership, someone to take control, deflect blame and teach a young team what it takes to win.

On the other hand, we do not need the media, the coaches, the players, or the fans to write or tlk about what Drew brings to this team, as JFK said (paraphrasing),
"Ask not what Drew can do for you, but what can you do for Drew"

He is going to get tired, his arm is going to swell up he is going to get used up like he was when he first came into the league unless he gets a defense to stop somebody, an OL that can openb holes for the RB's, RB's that can get to the hole and explode through it. Good teams beat Good teams, so far the Bills lost to a not so good team and won against a not so good team. When the Bills start to get into the meat of their schedule what will do the Bills do against teams tha have a defense that can stop the run and pass. Don't read what Drew brings to this team and believe everything is alright. GW makes bad decisions, Jerry Gray is not an upper tier DC, Danny Smith????. And don't read this article as being a bashing of the team. On the contrary, I just don't want the Bills to waste away a talent in DB.

Sabre Ally
09-16-2002, 10:44 PM
Oh sure, use the story I showed you to start your own thread .... you owe me a cut of the Zonebucks. :chuckle: