PDA

View Full Version : Denney's learning curve

TypicalBill
08-06-2003, 06:45 AM
Rest assured, Ryan Denney and the Buffalo Bills coaching staff realize the get-together last weekend with the Cleveland Browns was just a scrimmage.

The hitting was controlled, the intensity at a minimum and the quarterback sacks weren’t even real tackles.

But the Bills are hopeful — maybe even confident — that Denney’s play in Cleveland was a sign of things to come. The second-year defensive end sacked Browns quarterbacks twice, something defensive coordinator Jerry Gray is counting on Denney and the entire unit to do with regularity when the NFL season begins Sept. 7.

“ If the scrimmage was an idea of what he can do for us, it’s great,” Gray said. “ He’s strong enough to keep those 330-pound tackles off him and he has relentless pursuit. He never quits.”

The Article (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/0806PP1DV2D_denney06_bills.shtml?0806PP1DV2D_denney06_bills.shtml)

ryven
08-06-2003, 07:20 AM
SO TypicalBill how do you think denny will fair out? is he a sure thing or more a camp type performer?

Any way I hope he does well that will help out the team greatly.

TypicalBill
08-06-2003, 07:27 AM
I cant tell how he's gonna turn out.. but one thing's for sure, it was wrong for some people to call him a bust just because he didn't produce in his rookie season...we're gonna see him more in the preseason games...and i read that he's gonna start for us in the Ravens preseason game so we'll see more of him.

Jan Reimers
08-06-2003, 07:44 AM
Denney is definitely coming on, but the latest Bills depth chart (the one on the official Bills website) now shows him behind Jones. I'm pulling for Denney and Kelsay, though, as our guys for the future.

Tatonka
08-06-2003, 07:53 AM
"Williams points to the impact Jonas Jennings made at offensive tackle last season after a so-so rookie year. "

i think that line is a bunch of crap.. jennings played incredible in his rookie year.. not allowing a sack in 12 games at RT. what the hell is he talking about.

TypicalBill
08-06-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
"Williams points to the impact Jonas Jennings made at offensive tackle last season after a so-so rookie year. "

i think that line is a bunch of crap.. jennings played incredible in his rookie year.. not allowing a sack in 12 games at RT. what the hell is he talking about.

I agree, he probably improved his run blocking last year but his pass blocking at RT in his rookie season was exceptional... not a single sack.

WG
08-06-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

It's more FO partyline koolaid T!!

I fully agree. I thought Jennings was impressive in his rookie campaign! Especially given who was on either side of him so to speak.

As to Denney, he played so poorly last year that I think he's gonna have to prove something not v. a sketchy Cleveland O in a scrimmage. I still have few hopes. It would be more than a "step" in his case, it'd be an enormous leap!

If it happens, great. All the better. But it's way too early to tell what's goin' on. We haven't even played a single PS game yet. Talk like this is plentiful this time of year. Perhaps last year at this time he was overwhelmed, or just couldn't perform w/ a relatively weak front 7. Who knows. But others did better.

TedMock
08-06-2003, 08:47 AM
Hey TB, I'm a big Travis Henry fan but he's gotta be the ugliest guy on the team!

TypicalBill
08-06-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
Hey TB, I'm a big Travis Henry fan but he's gotta be the ugliest guy on the team!

Does it really matter? He's a man and a football player.. :D

WG
08-06-2003, 08:53 AM

No one's askin' ya to marry him...

:D

WG
08-06-2003, 08:56 AM
_:priest:_
:love:

P: "Travis, Mr. Henry sir, do you take TedMock as your lawfully wedded cellmate?"

H: "Word!"

P: "TedMock, do you take Mr. Henry sir as your lawfully wedded cellmate?"

TM: "....

TedMock
08-06-2003, 09:01 AM
Hey! I was only making an obsevation!

WG
08-06-2003, 09:05 AM
LOL...

What? You standing him up at the altar then...?

R. Rich
08-06-2003, 09:09 AM
I think this can be summed up in one word: ewwwwww!

TypicalBill
08-06-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
_:priest:_
:love:

P: "Travis, Mr. Henry sir, do you take TedMock as your lawfully wedded cellmate?"

H: "Word!"

P: "TedMock, do you take Mr. Henry sir as your lawfully wedded cellmate?"

TM: "....

:chuckle:

Hey! I was only making an obsevation!

:lol: makes you think twice before making one, doesn't it :D

WG
08-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Indeed!

TedMock
08-06-2003, 10:21 AM