PDA

View Full Version : Denney Placed on the First Team Above Marcus Jones

RedEyE
08-06-2003, 07:36 PM
Sorry if this was already posted. I didn't see this on the front page either.-

www.BuffaloBills.com :

"Second-year defensive end Ryan Denney benefited ......landing a spot on the first-team ahead of Marcus Jones. Gregg Williams also indicated that the starters will play most of the first quarter at Baltimore on Saturday."

BillsMan80
08-06-2003, 07:38 PM
I wouldn't be suprised to see Jones end up there quickly. Probably just being cautious and bringing him along slowly.

Judge
08-07-2003, 12:19 PM
Good sign about the development of Denney. Maybe he won't be a bust after all!

Throne Logic
08-07-2003, 12:32 PM
I'd not read anything into this. What does this mean for the preseason? Nothing. Their most likely just giving each guy a chance to work with the rest of the first team to see how it goes and give them some experience.

SoCalBillsFan
08-07-2003, 12:34 PM
i can't tell if this is good or bad...good that denney is playing well, bad that jones isn't?

Ebenezer
08-07-2003, 12:52 PM
word is that Jones is only about 80-85%...he may need to be back to perfect health to make the team.

BillsMan80
08-07-2003, 01:20 PM
He'll make the team, it's just a question of where he fits in I think.

venis2k1
08-07-2003, 01:25 PM
This is good news to me, after last season i wrote off Denney as a bust, boy it sounds like i was wrong.

ublinkwescore
08-07-2003, 01:33 PM
I'm Bryan Denny's biggest fan. I've known all along that he was gonna make it on this level. He's gonna break Bruce Smith's sack record (that he will have obtained this year).

Seriously though - this is good news I think.

Pride
08-07-2003, 01:37 PM
Who the hell is Bryan Denny? =)

Throne Logic
08-07-2003, 02:02 PM
If you've got two capable guys at the LDE spot, why not split their time? DE's don't have the same problem with rythme that RB's and QB's do. They come in, give it their all until they're tired, then rotate. Many of the very effective D's over the years had some kind of DL rotation going.

Same topic, but an area of concern: How will the rotation work with the two middle DL positions? Hope the young guys pan out here, too.

SoCalBillsFan
08-07-2003, 02:31 PM
throne, im sure that bannan and others will get time at DT..big pat and Sam cant go every down

TedMock
08-07-2003, 02:35 PM
I read somewhere that Jones' knee is doing well but he's being real tentative with it. If that continues, his career's over. The mental part of the game is so important.

justasportsfan
08-07-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Pride
Who the hell is Bryan Denny? =)

:laughter:

Ublink are you sure you're a bills fan? You might be a Buffalo Bison fan.

ublinkwescore
08-07-2003, 04:22 PM
I was joking around with that thread - kinda "Donald Trumpish"ly if you've seen that movie Eddie with Whoopie Goldberg (where she becomes the coach of the Knicks).

Voltron
08-07-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
I was joking around with that thread - kinda "Donald Trumpish"ly if you've seen that movie Eddie with Whoopie Goldberg (where she becomes the coach of the Knicks).

No I haven't seen that . But I have to say I think it is very funny that you have :snicker:

Jan Reimers
08-08-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
I read somewhere that Jones' knee is doing well but he's being real tentative with it. If that continues, his career's over. The mental part of the game is so important.

I'm worried about Jones, too. Whether it's physical or mental, he doesn't seem to be coming around.