X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bernielivsey_1
    • Jul 2003

What is the solution for Drew Bledsoe?

If Drew is to mistake prone as some suggest, what should we do next year? While is see some holes and concerns in Drew game I still feel he's good enough to help bring us into the playoffs and possibly to a super bowl. But if we don't make it this year (playoffs or super bowl) and Drew is a big part of our failure to make it to the next level, what next? As armchair GM's what can we suggest to make our offence (quarterback position....starter and backups) better? Mark Brunell should be available and possibly a few others Jay Fiedler (yuk), John Kitna (yuk), Trent Dilfer. Or do we ride Drew till his arm falls off and draft a QB in th 1st or 2nd round in the next 2 years? :goodbad:

I think we should give him the chance we never gave Flutie for 2 more years. The team is yours Drew show us what you got.
    In Marv We Trust
    The Past Is Now The Future
  • Wys Guy
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Brunnell yuk too!

He's been overrated as well.

Just b/c we made a mistake w/ Flutie, doesn't mean we have to repeat it. If it's apparent that the chances of Drew playing well enough in the playoffs are slim, then we should address that immediately. There are always options, you just have to find them.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

I think the solution is to stop baiting wys into saying what no one wants to hear anyways. But, then again, that could be too easy?
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Wys Guy
        • Jul 2002

Hi cas!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

sup
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

i say that we pull joe ferguson out of mothballs.:snicker2:
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• bernielivsey_1
              • Jul 2003

Yeah Joe could play as long as we still have our red helmets so he can see the recievers down field. Heck Kemp is out of work.
              In Marv We Trust
              The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• northernbillfan
                Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

I say Drew still has a chip on his shoulder and has something to prove.
                When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

What's the problem? With a balanced attack and a great D, he just might turn into Trent Dilfer.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

"...mothballs..." LMAO

Hopefully none are stuffed down his throat!

GAG!

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                    I say Drew still has a chip on his shoulder and has something to prove.
                    Unfortunately he's not here to "prove something." He's here to score points. As I said before, he's great between the twenties, but his strength is the deep game, and his weakness is the "other" aspects of the passing game in varying degrees.

That's why we try so many big passing plays. It's b/c our chances of scoring are better on them than not. It's not the way to run a team tho.

IMO, his redzone efficiency is gonna be the determining factor this year in terms of his future w/ the team. Who knows, perhaps Donahoe has him being here for the next five years. But I sure hope not if he struggles again in terms of scoring this year. IMO he's respected when we're back at midfield or on our side. But the closer we get to the red zone, good DCs, i.e., the kinds that you find on the championship teams and teams w/ outstanding Ds that make it to the playoffs, are not at all afraid of our red zone passing offense. There's no need to be. We averaged only 1 TD/game last season in 12 games.

It will be interesting. But I'd say we're balanced in the open field. We struggled last year w/ balance inside the red zone. Our issue there was that we continued to rely on a passing game more suited for the deep game when there were no deep options.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      • Jul 2002

I just hope that if, and I say "if", which to me is practially a foregone conclusion, Drew doesn't demonstrate that he can first of all lead the team to a lot of points as we should be doing with this O, and secondly be far more efficient in the red zone and "fix" his short to short-medium game, then I just hope that TD has the gumption to realize the issues and strive for better.

Our draft needs for next season are essentially the same as they were this season due to our lack of addressing them this year. We'll still need a DE, a DT (not only for depth, but we'll have to start considering replacements for SA/PW), OL, WRs, LBs, and possibly a QB too.

Anyone know who the FA QBs next year will be?

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                        Brunnell yuk too!

He's been overrated as well.

Just b/c we made a mistake w/ Flutie, doesn't mean we have to repeat it. If it's apparent that the chances of Drew playing well enough in the playoffs are slim, then we should address that immediately. There are always options, you just have to find them.
                        Of all the players to choose, you chose Flutie instead of Rob

No! Flutie was hired to be a back up and he did a great job. Too bad it got to his head that he was a bonafide starter in the NFL. Then again if you have an idiot like Rob even I would start thinking that I can be a starter.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TypicalBill
                          • Sep 2002

have we even started this season yet? we cant assume anything! Drew could toss 25TD's and less than 10int's for all we know.. lets not jump to conclusions here, we've got a long exciting season coming up and then we'll have a full offseason to talk about what we should do.. personally, im gonna take this one step at a time and enjoy a successful season and then, next offseason, im gonna discuss what we need to do to improve (after we see our weaknesses according to this upcoming season).
                          For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan

Of all the players to choose, you chose Flutie instead of Rob

No! Flutie was hired to be a back up and he did a great job. Too bad it got to his head that he was a bonafide starter in the NFL. Then again if you have an idiot like Rob even I would start thinking that I can be a starter.
                            Can you get off the Flutie and Rob crap please...

WTH...

Are you glued to those guys!

Jumpin' Jehoshaphat, Yeehah!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TypicalBill
                              have we even started this season yet? we cant assume anything! Drew could toss 25TD's and less than 10int's for all we know.. lets not jump to conclusions here, we've got a long exciting season coming up and then we'll have a full offseason to talk about what we should do.. personally, im gonna take this one step at a time and enjoy a successful season and then, next offseason, im gonna discuss what we need to do to improve (after we see our weaknesses according to this upcoming season).
                              ROFLMAO

Drew, less than 10 INTs...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X