PDA

View Full Version : Price will sign with the Bills for less than you think

Pride
09-16-2002, 03:41 PM
Think about it. Yeah, the guy could go out and make a nice penny on the FA market, but what are the chances that he goes to a team with a QB like DB?

I bet this guy will settle for less money to stay in BLO!

Eric did...

Shiny Chicken
09-16-2002, 03:43 PM
That's my thought too... and Eric didn't even have the assurance of having a QB like DB... he was looking forward to a season of Rob Johnson...If I were Price, I would stay too.... even though he'd remain the #2 receiver... the #2 receiver isn't too poorly off in this offense....

Kelly The Dog
09-16-2002, 03:54 PM
Just take a look at the transcript from Peerless' press conference talk immediately following the game. He was practically on his knees kissing Drew Bledsoe's ring. If the Bills offer him a comparable amount of money as another team, I think he stays. He's in a fabulous position at this point in his career. Moulds, barring injury, will be here several more years. As will Bledsoe and Josh Reed and Travis. He couldn't find a better offense to be in right now and I'm sure that he feels the Bills are getting close to being special.

casdhf
09-16-2002, 03:57 PM
I doubt it. He's a "me" guy. Eric Moulds doesn't make a 5 yard reception and pop up and celebrate like he's the second coming of Christ. Peerless is good and I expect he'll want to be paid that way. Talk is cheap, we'll see what happens in March

Novacane
09-16-2002, 07:19 PM
I would not count on it but that would be ok. We have Josh Reed! I think part of drafting him was planning ahead in case we could not afford PP's contract demands.

Shiny Chicken
09-16-2002, 07:36 PM
I personally hope we can hold on to all three

Novacane
09-16-2002, 07:38 PM
Me Too! Have to see what Peerless demands on the open market though. No way we sign him at all cost.

RedEyE
09-16-2002, 07:43 PM
If Price thinks that they can be SB contenders next season he will stick around for year or two for the right $$. Personally, I think that Moulds is under harsher scrutiny. He already makes the cheese and hasn't produced at his potential in some time. This is Eric's season. Drew and Moulds should be connecting for a few, but if Price ends up being the prime receiver again this season - Moulds should be asked to take a paycut or step aside allowing Price to make the money he deserves.

Jeff1220
09-16-2002, 07:44 PM
If he wants to go, let him go. If he wants to stay, that's great too. Good recievers are not that hard to come by in FA.

DIHARD2
09-16-2002, 09:01 PM
free agency next year will be our oyster, we will not have to worry about picking up a receiver. The defense is what I'm looking for now in next year's draft and free agency.

The loss of our first pack next year has already been paid for by the way these last two games played. Both of them were heart attacks, and what we paid for Bledsoe is cheap if he can stay healthy. P P. will be expendable if he asks for to much.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

Halbert
09-16-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Moulds already makes the cheese and hasn't produced at his potential in some time. This is Eric's season, but if Price ends up being the prime receiver again this season - Moulds should be asked to take a paycut or step aside allowing Price to make the money he deserves.
I think you've missed the boat.

Moulds is getting doubled on every play. That's exactly why both Price and Reed had over 100 yards each. Even Moulds told Drew to go to the other two guys because they were making plays. Neither of them could have done what they did without Moulds drawing prime attention.

clumping platelets
09-16-2002, 10:16 PM
I personally believe he's a goner cuz he wants to be a #1 WR somewhere........it would be nice if he would re-sign but I don't see TD paying him the $$$ of a #1 WR

BidsJr
09-16-2002, 10:21 PM
What if Bledsoe and Moulds both restructure and take pay cuts so all three will be slightly underpaid. Peeeeeer Pressure Price into signing for somewhat less. Keep the core together.

RedEyE
09-16-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Halbert

I think you've missed the boat.

Moulds is getting doubled on every play. That's exactly why both Price and Reed had over 100 yards each. Even Moulds told Drew to go to the other two guys because they were making plays. Neither of them could have done what they did without Moulds drawing prime attention.

Bon Voyage!

I wasn't exactly refering to yestrday's game.

Dozerdog
09-16-2002, 10:25 PM
Would you take a 20% paycut off your salary to stay in the job you are in now, or walk over to a compeditor for a 50% raise.

Even if your new boss sucks...

clumping platelets
09-16-2002, 10:26 PM
Bills have plenty of cap space....no need for anyone to take a pay cut.......excuse the pun but Peerless will "price" himself out of B-LO

:chuckle:

BidsJr
09-16-2002, 10:32 PM
"Would you take a 20% paycut off your salary to stay in the job you are in now, or walk over to a compeditor for a 50% raise.

Even if your new boss sucks..."

If I were making 6 million a year and my ultimate goal was winning a championship? I wouldn't think twice about reducing my percent of market value to ensure that a potentially key component of the teams quest stays put. Providing he doesn't ask to be paid above the market value that I reduce my salary to. At those numbers with those goals I wouldn't even think twice about it.

lordofgun
09-16-2002, 10:33 PM
That's a good point Bids. If Price believes there is a legit shot at the Super Bowl next year, that could play a HUGE part in him taking less money to stay here.

clumping platelets
09-16-2002, 11:30 PM
Tim Dwight signed for 5yrs and $15 million..........he'll want no less than that

northernbillfan
09-16-2002, 11:40 PM
Getting rid of some dead wood, would help us out, and free up some $$. I don't want to mention any names, this is Just a Reminder.

With the 1-2-3 punch these guys throw, we don't need a gazillion TE's.

e-mo4life
09-17-2002, 07:39 AM
did anyone catch the interview with Peerless on the Bills show with Dennis Williams...he said he had to make sure he can make a lot to "put food on the table " for his kid..i think he'll be lookin for big money, and since we have Reed TD is not gonna give up that much...and i sometimes get just a little annoyed with his after-the-catch dramatizations! would be nice if he stayed and settled for second tier money but i doubt it, especially if he keeps getting the ball as many times as he did last week