X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

wednesday's camp report... good stuff..

"DEFENSIVE PLAYMAKERS ARE EVERYWHERE: Pick your poison. Clements and Winfield continue to show shutdown coverage skills today in practice. Their confidence is contagious. I am very comfortable with Kevin Thomas as either THE corner or the nickel back. It would be nice to have Winfield back next year, but with Thomas exhibiting such superior cover and ball hawking skills, I don't think the Bills will have much of a drop-off there. Sidney showed signs of improvement in 11 on 11 drills. He is a solid, steady performer yet 4th round draft pick Terrence McGee and his special teams' contribution might end beating him out for the final CB spot on the roster. Takeo Spikes is intimidating and he showed more today than I have seen in the past with the blitz packages. The Bills seem to be doing a lot more shifts, stunts and schemes that are designed to create confusion. Jeff Posey is the biggest contributor. His size and speed combination make him and force off the edge or a presence in coverage. Marcus Jones was back with the first team unit today at DE. '

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • MDFINFAN
    • Jun 2003

Tatonka, has your O fallen off that much? I notice in the report, that a good D is interrupting the O's flow, there's a lot of good D's out there. Has the changes to your O affected them that much. This may be a bad sign for your O.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i dont think so.. i think it is a GREAT sign for the D..

that defense is coming together... quicker than anyone thought..

i will wait to judge the O on what i see them do in the preseason games, as i will the D..

but imho, it just speaks volumes for where the D is at.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

you can look at it either way for every team practicing against each other..

if your o scores.. does that mean your d is bad..

if your d stops the o.. does that mean o is bad?

it is all just practices.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
          • Jun 2003

I hear ya, but I've noticed that in several reports. So I was starting to wonder, don't get me wrong, I would love for your O to take a step backwards.LOL. But in the Browns scrimage, I didn't read too much about what the O did, more so that your D stopped the browns better. So I was wondering if the price, center, remerisa leavings may have some affect afterall. I know, I know, everyone's going say what they didn't do. But it's the little things that don't show up in stats that I was referring to.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

our starting o did well against the browns.. henry ate them up.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
              I would love for your O to take a step backwards.LOL.
              i would love to see ray lucas wearing orange and teal again.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN

i would love to see ray lucas wearing orange and teal again.
                No you wouldn't you'd whether beat us with our best...I know I would want to beat u with your best.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

No you wouldn't you'd whether beat us with our best...I know I would want to beat u with your best.

he WAS the best.
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN

he WAS the best.
                    Yea, that's why we had to retire him...he was just too good to you. :badboy:

Reach for the stars

Comment

• bernielivsey_1
                      • Jul 2003

Just like our O was better than our our D last yr. I think out D will be better than our O this yr. And I have no problem with that. Worked for the Bucs and Ravens. What is it that wins Super Bowls again????????????? Something 'fence?
                      In Marv We Trust
                      The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

I don't quite understand the Sidney/McGee thing. We generally carry 5 CBs, don't we? That would make it a moot point.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

:snicker2:

Comment

• TypicalBill
                            • Sep 2002

For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

In the Browns scrimmage, the starting offence played one series and drove smartly down the field, only to have DB throw an int. when he read an inside move and Moulds made an outside move. That's the official explanation at least. Them's the breaks. I think Tatonka has a point. We need a preseason game to get a better handle on what's going on.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X