X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Great quote - Drew to Henry

Buffalo quarterback Drew Bledsoe, who stopped to chat after the morning practice against the Browns in Berea, Ohio, Friday:

MMQB: You've heard your coaches talking about needing more balance in the offense this year than last year, when the Bills had a 63 percent to 37 percent pass-run ratio. Are you OK with that?

Bledsoe: I'm great with that. We need to do it. It's music to my ears. When you come down to it, you're not going to succeed bigtime on offense unless you do everything well. You look at what the Rams have done in making Marshall Faulk a weapon in both the passing game and the running game. You respect his ability to hurt you both ways. That's how I hope our offense works, with that kind of versatility.

MMQB: So you think Travis Henry's going to be a big force, even with Willis McGahee looking over his shoulder?

Bledsoe: I told Travis after the draft, 'You're going to win the rushing title this year.' And I really think he can. He's going to get a lot of touches.

MMQB: How's Josh Reed doing as he tries to replace Peerless Price?

Bledsoe: Well, that was a big loss. Josh doesn't have Peerless' speed, but he's a great receiver too. You're still going to have to cover us deep. I don't think our ability to hurt people deep in the passing game will change very much.

there is a great story about Chad Johnson in there too.. cracks me up..
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Good Find

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• MDFINFAN
      • Jun 2003

He wasn't exactly very convincing in his Reed statement, it's more of what he didn't say that was big here. Rushing title for TH huh, there's still, Holmes, Portis, LT, RW, Deuce and a couple of other great runners, who will give him a run for that, this should be a great year in football period..Can drew actually not throw a lot, I can wait to see this..Gilbrite is gonna keep his cool and actually stick to the run...I'm looking forward to Saturday Night, got to see this.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

trouble maker.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
          trouble maker.
          i was thinking the same thing and.....
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
            trouble maker.
            I wonder where I learned this from..

Reach for the stars

Comment

• bernielivsey_1
              • Jul 2003

Travis is good enough to get the rushing title if he doesn't fumbleruskie 8 to 11 times. The o line is solid enough to get him there. Crosby and Gash will be essential in achieving this. The only thing that might get in his way is Drew and Kevin. Pass Pass Run. I hope not. The rushing title doesent mean much when you think about it though, look at the 2002 dolphins
              In Marv We Trust
              The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• northernbillfan
                Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Last season I was calling Henry the next Sweetness. That may be a little to much, but I still think he has what it takes to get to the level of all the greats.

Fumbles aside, Henry had almost 2000 all purpose yards last year. He'll match that or better it this season. He's title bound, especially since he's in a contract year.
                When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                  Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
                  I'm looking forward to Saturday Night, got to see this.
                  What time is the game... because I need to figure out what time on Sunday morning that is for me..... it's probably something like 1am or something.
                  Originally posted by notacon
                  The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• northernbillfan
                    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal
                    What time is the game... because I need to figure out what time on Sunday morning that is for me..... it's probably something like 1am or something.

Sorry cntry, you missed the game. It's over already. We'll let you know who won, as you are now on a need to know basis.
                    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                      Sorry cntry, you missed the game. It's over already. We'll let you know who won, as you are now on a need to know basis.

Originally posted by Cntrygal
                      It's at 8pm EDT
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Drew simply doesn't want everyone to know how great Reed really is.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                          • Jul 2002

ouch. i have work 130-10 saturday...that's a downer
                          Its all about the quest.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                            • Jul 2002

What a bunch of crap...!!

Good piece. I agree w/ him that Henry will be challenging for the rushing title this year with the determining factor as to whether he will be competitive doing it being how often he's used. I can easily see him putting up 1,600 and it isn't a reach for me to see him hit 1,800+ w/ solid OL play.

Reed will seriously make everyone forget that Price was even on the team last season after the first couple of games. Just look at his SEC records for cryin' out loud! Dang, they don't get any better and many have said he's the most prolific WR to ever have come out of the SEC. He's highly underrated and IMO a capable #1 starting this season.
                            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• HenryRules
                              • Jul 2002

I think the main reason that Henry won't win the rushing title is that we will have at least one (possibly 2 if/when WM plays) backs that are capable of carrying the ball. Unlike last year, or Miami this year, I don't see all our carries being devoted to Henry.

There's no question he's our #1 RB, but to win a rushing title nowadays, you need to get 1800+ yards, and I don't see a need/reason for giving Henry the 400 carries or so to get those yards. Giving him that # of carries would be a similar issue that many currently complain about - getting Drew to pass the ball too much just to pad his stats. Only difference is, Drew won't get hurt if he throws an extra 50 or 60 passes in a season, whereas an RB will.

Maybe in a year or two Henry will win the title - when we might have a line capable of getting Henry 5+ yards per carry, but I don't think we're there yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X