• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Drew's FFL Rankings

While doing some research for the upcoming drafts, I noticed Drew Bledsoe's rankings lower than I would expect. He doesn't crack the top ten of any rankings I have read.

Overall he ranks well out of the top 50. What gives? How can a top 5 QB fall so low in FFL rankings?

Sure he doesn't scramble too well, and only had 60 yds last year, but he scored two rushing TDs. Still he was one of the top five in the league last year.

Why he ranked so low?

Wys need not reply, I already know your answer, and frankly it would chew up too much bandwidth.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• superbills
    • Mar 2003

It's gotta be a mixture of losing Price and their "commitment to the run". I'm not sure that him falling that low is warranted, but for a case in point, I myself kept Pennington in my keeper league over Drew (more than a little frustrating, actually, since the Jets lost all those players to the Deadskins.) But Drew did tail off a bit at the end of the year last year, which forced me into using Pennington who was really coming on at the end of the season. Now, to qualify that statement, I DO NOT AGREE WITH WYS in regard to Bledsoe ability to be a successful quaterback for this team, but I do think that what we'll see this year is more of the "real" Drew so to speak which is somewhere between the big numbers at the beginning of last year and the burnout at the end. Moving more of the offense toward the run will help facilitate this. But, to put this in perspective, this will be GREAT for our football team because it will bring balance and keep teams guessing However, in Fantasy Fooball terms it means that Drew's stock will certainly take a hit, although, like I said, the drop that you mentioned seems rather excessive.
    "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
    Ronald Reagan
    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

He was 12th in one I saw on ESPN, which would seem about right. Henry seemed low at around 13th(?), but interestingly, Reed was in the top 30 WRs.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

he doesnt throw alot of tds.. gets no rushing yards and few rushing tds.. and he turns the ball over alot..

why would he be in the top ten is a better question.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Wys Guy
          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
          • Jul 2002

How do you figure he's a "top 5 QB?"

That's laughable...!

To be a top 5 QB you have to bring to the table/game a little bit more than an open field deep game!
          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy

That's laughable...!
            How do I figure he's a top 5 QB? Well the stats speak for themselves, he was #2 overall in passing last season, and the last time I checked, that is in the top 5.

Last season overall
            When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• TypicalBill
              • Sep 2002

Good find, i like those stats.
              For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Wys Guy

That's laughable...!

To be a top 5 QB you have to bring to the table/game a little bit more than an open field deep game!
                He's referring to the NFL stats rankings Wys from last year.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

It's laughable that Wys laughs at the facts!

Comment

Working...
                  X