PDA

View Full Version : Clayton: "The plan should be to get Derek Anderson ready and put him in as the starti

Mr. Pink
10-11-2018, 09:51 AM
If this is the plan, then the "process" is a failure.

McDermott will look like a complete idiot who has no idea what he's doing with the most important position on the field.

I already have my doubts on that one, but starting DA if Allen is healthy will confirm it.

OpIv37
10-11-2018, 10:00 AM
Nah, the bell's been rung let's just keep rolling with Allen. If he can't survive without breaking then he's too fragile too keep around for the long haul, might as well find out sooner rather than later.

It’s not about surviving without breaking. He’s not ready. It takes time to learn and we knew he was a project going in. Well, he wasn’t given time to learn, and because he’s not ready, he could potentially develop bad habits and get shell shocked.

The D is good. They struggled the first two weeks, but since then, they haven’t given up many points and they’ll give up even fewer if the O actually starts sustaining drives. I have no problem starting Anderson because it gives Allen a chance to learn and it gives us a chance to win.

And just to be clear, obviously Allen starts this week- Anderson has had no time to learn the O. If he shows significant improvement, stick with him. If not, it just means he needs more time and Anderson is the better play.