PDA

View Full Version : Bills should be in no hurry to sign McGahee

TypicalBill
08-07-2003, 05:30 PM
Patience is a virtue, and it can be tough to come by sometimes. In fact, sometimes in the world of contract negotiations, patience goes out the door, especially on the side of the agent, who simply wants to get a deal done for his client so they both can get paid and the agent can move on to other clients' dealings.

I've been surprised at the amount of press the "holdout" by Bills first-round pick Willis McGahee has garnered. Yes, he's the team's first-round pick and thus is held on a pedestal above the other rookies. Also, McGahee is no ordinary first-round pick. He's a guy who probably would have been a top-three pick had he not blown out his knee in the national championship game in January.

But as far as I'm concerned, if I'm the Bills, no news is good news. McGahee's contract negotiations should be tabled for a while, or at least slowed to a snail's pace.

Keep Reading.. (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/Buffalo/Features/2003/hanacek080603.htm)

HenryRules
08-07-2003, 05:44 PM
I disagree with this guy that the Bills should lowball McGahee or give him an incentive-laden contract. While that may save money on this deal, it will make the Bills look like a low-class organization and that's not a good way to entice future free agents to sign here (ask 'Zona if all that players care about is the money).

I have said that I think McGahee's injury should be taken into consideration, but that's in regards to the length of the contract and the timing of the bonus, not in the actual $ amount.

BillsOwnAll
08-07-2003, 07:18 PM
i was reading how we didnt sign him yet....thank you for telling me why.

mypoorfriendme
08-07-2003, 08:16 PM
that was hands down the dumbest article i have ever read. after reading it, i am now stupider

The_Philster
08-07-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
that was hands down the dumbest article i have ever read. after reading it, i am now stupider

What did it do? Make you a Fish fan? :eek::snicker: