PDA

View Full Version : So what do you guys think of your 1st Foe

MDFINFAN
08-07-2003, 10:25 PM
The Pats didn't look too bad, we all know this was vanilla, but they executed the D, pretty good, looks like they have some depth also. This first game of yours I don't think will be as easy as a lot of you guys presenting here. They are a divisional foe and that always makes it interesting. I expected a better showing from the Giants, ol well, can't have everything. But looking at the Pats blitz package, Drew better do 3-5 drops only. You guys won't get the big ones...Just kidding, if TH does his job, and the OL blocks, that will give Drew some time. But the Pats DL against the run, didn't look as bad as last year. Too early to tell and once game planning is added. This Pats D may slow down a bit.

WG
08-07-2003, 10:31 PM
I don't even pay attention to how teams do in PS.

In our best years we won like 2 or 3 games over 4 seasons in P.S.

Pats looked good, but all they did was throw. That ain't gonna cut it against the teams that they play for 9 straight games to open the season!

They're gonna have to find a running game or they're goose is gonna be cooked. I like Brady, but he can't do everything.

RedEyE
08-07-2003, 10:32 PM
I was extremely suprised and impressed with Klecko. As for the Pats, the D seemed prepared for the Giants, and the Giants O just didn't bring it today.

The Pats O was neither impressive or explosive, but I don't expect much from a preseason game anyway. I did take notice of how poorly A. Smith was running today. I even took notice to his attitude on the sideline. He seemed bored and uninterested with everything around him. When his teammates were celebrating or congratulating one another, A. Smith seemed distant and emotionless. Just an observation - I wonder if Kevin Faulk has definitly taken the starting position away from him and he is sulking. Faulk wasn't much more effective, but he was on the starting squad tonight.

Overall - the Pats D might be something to be worried about, but it's so hard to tell in just 1 qtr of play.

MDFINFAN
08-07-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
I don't even pay attention to how teams do in PS.

In our best years we won like 2 or 3 games over 4 seasons in P.S.

Pats looked good, but all they did was throw. That ain't gonna cut it against the teams that they play for 9 straight games to open the season!

They're gonna have to find a running game or they're goose is gonna be cooked. I like Brady, but he can't do everything.

Miami won a lot of games as a part of not having a losing season in 18 years by the pass, and didn't have as good of Defense as these guys. Their defintely more talented at D, that what Miami had during those years. Our D has only come along in the last 5 years really. So Wys, I'm not as sure as you on this. Also that rb by the name of Pass, may add some excitment for them.

WG
08-07-2003, 10:43 PM
Assuming he makes the team and plays. That's a big if w/ Faulk and Smith there. May happen late in the season. But they open up v. us, so I imagine it'll be Faulk or Smith. Both were a combined 11 fof 34. :YAWN:

Like you said, the Giants were flat except for their DL.

By the way, what's up w/ Fiedler?

Out tomorrow night due to "spasms"?

What, is he PMSing... or what's goin' on!

:D

MDFINFAN
08-07-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Assuming he makes the team and plays. That's a big if w/ Faulk and Smith there. May happen late in the season. But they open up v. us, so I imagine it'll be Faulk or Smith. Both were a combined 11 fof 34. :YAWN:

Like you said, the Giants were flat except for their DL.

By the way, what's up w/ Fiedler?

Out tomorrow night due to "spasms"?

What, is he PMSing... or what's goin' on!

:D

Your right about Pass, we'll see how the rest of his PS goes, Jays pulled a muscle during warm ups and it tighten on him..Coaches are taking measure to ensure he's okay, he probably could play if it was a real game, as a matter of fact, they will make a game time decision on whether he plays.
Back to the pats, they look good stopping what you and the dolphins are trying to do, run the ball, the middle of the field in still open for short passes. The 2 safeties they have may make WR's think about going across the middle..but speed and a QB who has some time, may be able to burn them deep. Afterall the safties aren't as fast as they use to be, but they can and will hit you hard. Now the one weakness the Pats D showed is running up the middle..not sure who will be the NT, but the rest of that team is fast, and Colvin is the real deal I think. Also, Seymour looks to be a bit of a beast also. This will be an interesting year in the AFCE.

Tatonka
08-07-2003, 11:16 PM
klecko ... wow.. how can you not like that guy.. i really wish we took a chance on him.. what a motor.

MDFINFAN
08-07-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
klecko ... wow.. how can you not like that guy.. i really wish we took a chance on him.. what a motor.

I want to see him against a starting O first, before I comment on him too much, But he was great against 2 and 3rd teamers.

BillsMan80
08-07-2003, 11:52 PM
Well, I'll say this, it would have been nice if the Giants hadn't left their Offensive Line at the Meadowlands.

SABURZFAN
08-08-2003, 01:10 AM
every division game will be tough.

Billz_fan
08-08-2003, 01:56 AM
Preseason is........

Nothing but preseason.........

Pats looked good. Giants looked bad.

I was just happy to see some football :D

clumping platelets
08-08-2003, 05:58 AM
Let's see what happens come 9/7/03 1pm EST

Scott
08-08-2003, 06:08 AM
Pats defense will be strong and they seem to have our number. I see them beating us in a low scoring game 16-10.

justasportsfan
08-08-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Let's see what happens come 9/7/03 1pm EST

I know what's gonna happen come 9/7/03 1pm EST......

:cp: will :puke: in the :redcar: lot from all the hot wings

and wys will still be :deadhorse

:laughter: