PDA

View Full Version : The Pats D was impressive. It's not gonna be easy.

shadowfax
08-08-2003, 12:14 AM
I'd say our best chance to beat the pats is to run the ball 50 times and throw only during max protect. Cuz their DLine controlled the game, from their starters all the way down to 4th round pick Dan Klecko, who looked, frankly, amazing. 3 sacks in his first pro game as a rookie against some starters and 2nd rotation guys. (2 starting guards he was up against)...
he appeared to be unblockable. Low man wins, and at 5'11, he'll be the low guy. The low guy who can bench 500 lbs and squat 750. Yea, that guy. Hell, I was ready and eager to see him get blown off the ball. I was giddy in anticipation to see their young DLinemen confuse themselves in their new schemes. Never happened.

Every single one of their rookies is making plays all over the field. Samuel and Wilson look good. Ty Warren looks good. Did I say Klecko looks scary out there? I think I did. The rookies are outplaying everyone. The performance from their rookies is going to set the standard (in my eyes) for how to evaluate our own rookies in preseason. They had better show something, cuz this pats draft is looking special in its first game.

And I don't want to hear any predictable detracting statements about vanilla this and preseason that. Their rookies are flat out dominating the field with confidence. I'm impressed. And pissed.

The Spaz
08-08-2003, 12:22 AM
Well it is vanilla noone game planned and it is only preseason, so there...lol:)

bernielivsey_1
08-08-2003, 01:03 AM
:rolleyes: Thier O : No running game. Slow wide outs. Average line. Average QB Their D : Average and they cant stop the run.
Colvin is a pass rusher Jennings and Gash can handle him if we need to. Klecko is small. Big Mike will swat him like a fly.:hammer:

SABURZFAN
08-08-2003, 01:09 AM
regardless whether it's preseason or not,the PATS will be tough.

ublinkwescore
08-08-2003, 06:49 AM
We don't play the pats in preseason do we?

Voltron
08-08-2003, 07:33 AM
No Ublink. Just opening day and the last game of the season
:pray:

Jan Reimers
08-08-2003, 07:36 AM
Boy, I hope we don't lose to the Ravens. If you put that much stock in the first preseason game, you'll have us out of the playoffs before September. Then again, if we win impressively, we'll be a Super Bowl lock. I don't think the first couple of preseason games mean anything, except to some of the borderline guys looking for a roster spot.

MDFINFAN
08-08-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Boy, I hope we don't lose to the Ravens. If you put that much stock in the first preseason game, you'll have us out of the playoffs before September. Then again, if we win impressively, we'll be a Super Bowl lock. I don't think the first couple of preseason games mean anything, except to some of the borderline guys looking for a roster spot.

It's not stock that you put into preseason, but individual evaluation. In this game, the individuals on NE's team, prove they could adjust to game speed and beat the Giant's players in one on one competition and within the scheme of their O and D. This was vanilla so the pats have proven only their have better depth personnel wise atleast on D. Giants were very Flat, so can't really get a good read, but for the coaches of the Giants to evaluate their team, this game made it very hard. Either their TC work isn't doing what it's support to, or the execution was very sloppy. Right now, the Pat's D in a vanilla situation looked like midseason form. In the 3rd game, will have to come back to Pats to see what a team that games plan for them can do.

LABillsFan
08-09-2003, 09:53 AM
I believe it was Thiesman who said the Pat's are one of the few teams that play the 3-4 Def and that the Giants didn't even practice against it for that game. The Giants will be a good team, and I seem to remember at least 5 of their starters not even dressed for that game.