PDA

View Full Version : Preparation for Week #3 ~~~~~>

RedEyE
09-16-2002, 06:59 PM
Buffalo has to run the ball in DENVER:

Buffalo's offense could and should only get better, but I'm a little frightened that the coaching staff abandoned the running game against the Vikes. Since they won, I'll excuse it to game plan, however, Henry should easily have had another 100 yard day.

Regardless of their opponents current records, Denver has cleanly beaten two very solid teams this season (Rams & 49ers). I've watched both games and in order to beat the Broncos, Buffalo has to run the football and run it well. The Denver D will easily match Buffalo's offense. Henry can be the deciding factor in this Sunday's game. Maybe it's just me, but the Bills O-lineman seem more natural opening holes then they are pass protecting. If Henry touches the ball 26 x or more then the passing game should be available to Drew and company. Let's face it, Minnesota's secondary is horrible, plain and simple. Denver's secondary is on the opposite end of that spectrum and the Bill's coaching staff cannot expect Drew to put up the same #s that he did against the Vikes. This week Bledsoe's passing game will most likely be under 250 yards. I expect Jay Riemersma and Josh Reed to be on the receiving end of most of those tosses. Price and Moulds will make plays but should remain relatively quite most of the day. Scary thought: The offense has just begun to find cohesion. Imagine the score if Bledsoe and Henry both had great days simultaneously.:redgun:

Of course, offensively Denver will be jamming the ball right up the middle. Flethcer has to finally make his presence known and have a 10 tackle day. The D-line will now truly be tested. A continuous sweep of fresh strong legged RB's will push the D to the brink. A few more sacks from Schobel and Ahanotu would definitely help the Bills O control the clock.
Buffalo's DBacks have the speed to cover Denver's receiving corp, but both WR McCaffery and TE Sharpe are big dudes that could end up having big numbers this week. Bills D must slow the run and get pressure on Griese. ~ Force the mistake~

Special Teams: ???????? - 21 pts in 2 games. Ridiculous! If the Bills give up any points to the Broncos not only will the Bills lose, but GW has some staffing changes to make.

In all, Buffalo could gain some serious confidence with a win over the Broncos and create a snowball effect on the remainder of the schedule. No one is expecting the Bills to win, so a loss is tolerable, but a win would generate some interesting reactions.

shelby
09-16-2002, 07:51 PM
nice post:up:

i like what i have seen from Chidi...i think he may be a force to be reckoned with.
i agree about the need for a running game...i didn't understand why it was abandoned against the Vikes.
We need to keep the penalties down and light a fire under the special teams. This should be a very interesting game....

TigerJ
09-16-2002, 10:51 PM
I'm sure Buffalo has a lot of respect for what Denver can do and will put in some good preparation. The game against the Vikings was great, but Buffalo hasn't put a complete game together yet. We shut down the Jets' running game but the Vikings ran wild. Travis Henry ran wild vs the Jets and did nothing agains the Vikings. Yet Bledsoe had a career game versus the Vikings. The Bills will not be a truly good team until we can handle defensively whatever the opposition throws at us and we can maintain balance on our offence. Yeah, I know it's early in the season and the Bills are a young team. I'm just saying where they need to aim.