PDA

View Full Version : Big Pat

TypicalBill
08-08-2003, 08:18 AM
Williams said he has no doubts. He fully expects the Bills' run defense, 29th in the league last year, to be among the best in the NFL. He plans to be in the Pro Bowl. He intends to be every running back's biggest nightmare.

"I finally got help," Williams said. "I got doubled a lot last year, so this year they can't try to double me a lot because they have to worry about Sam. They double Sam, they'll single-block me, so I'll make the play."

On the opening day of camp, Spikes declared the linebacking corps the best in the league. So there's no lack of bravado on this defense. Now they have to back it up. A year ago, the Bills gave up 2,122 rushing yards and a frightful 4.5 yards a carry. Eight running backs went for more than 100 yards. Ricky Williams had 228 in a game.

"Our goal is to stop the run," Pat Williams said. "I don't care who we're playing. I just don't care. I don't care how many Pro Bowls the back has, or how many Pro Bowls his linemen went to. Ain't nobody getting 100-something yards like last year."

The Full Article (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030808/1019037.asp?1019037.asp)

Bring it on!!! :bigmike: :bigmike:

SamAdamsFan
08-08-2003, 08:22 AM
Our defensive front 7 will be unstoppable this year!