PDA

View Full Version : McGahee update

HenryRules
08-08-2003, 11:38 AM
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- Willis McGahee's agent is scheduled to meet with Buffalo Bills' executives in an attempt to spur stalled contract talks involving the first-round draft pick.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus said Friday that Bills president Tom Donahoe has accepted a request to meet in Baltimore for lunch Saturday, prior to Buffalo's preseason-opener against the Ravens.

"I'm a firm believer that, typically, if you're having a hard time getting a deal done, it's beneficial to meet face to face," Rosenhaus said.

Noting that Bills vice president Jim Overdorf will also be in attendance, Rosenhaus added: "I want to look them both right in the eye and kind of address the issues that are holding this deal up, because we really should get this deal done right now."

More - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2003/08/08/mcgahee_contract_ap/

HenryRules
08-08-2003, 11:41 AM
Only a couple of things I wasn't aware of:

1 - I didn't know they were going to meet up this weekend.

2 - This is the first time I've heard Dr. Uribe's name mentioned. He's a well respected doc and I'd be interested in hearing a direct quote from him instead of second hand through Drew. Btw, Dr. Uribe is the team doctor for the University of Miami, so he has a lot riding on McGahee not coming back too soon. It would really harm recruiting (and thus probably cost Uribe his job) if he said McGahee was ready before WM actually was and WM proceeded to go out and ruin his leg within a week or two.

TypicalBill
08-08-2003, 11:50 AM
Rosenhaus added: "I want to look them both right in the eye and kind of address the issues that are holding this deal up, because we really should get this deal done right now."

TD has him right where he wants him :evil:

TypicalBill
08-08-2003, 11:53 AM
"What we would like to see Willis do right now is get into camp and start to play football. That's the only way for us to gauge how far along he is in relation to playing in a game and being his best," Rosenhaus said. "Certainly, the Bills, I'm sure, are eager to get him rolling."

no we're not, we're already deep at RB :rolleyes:

Earthquake Enyart
08-08-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by TypicalBill

I'm with you, TB. :snicker:

clumping platelets
08-08-2003, 12:06 PM
$1,018,000

Remember this number

Ebenezer
08-08-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
$1,018,000

Remember this number

I'm not worried about this year's cap number...I am worried about how the bonuses will be staggered and when he'll get them...that will be the sticking point.

justasportsfan
08-08-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
Rosenhaus added: "I want to look them both right in the eye and kind of address the issues that are holding this deal up, because we really should get this deal done right now."

Translation: Willis' payment for his new Hummer is due next month.

The Spaz
08-08-2003, 12:54 PM
Bills' President and GM Tom Donahoe and RB Willis McGahee's agent, Drew Rosenhaus are expected to meet this weekend to discuss a contract for the still unsigned draft pick. The RB's agent said "I'm a firm believer that, typically, if you're having a hard time getting a deal done, it's beneficial to meet face to face". The meeting is a lunch scheduled for Saturday, before the Bills and Ravens game.

Link... (http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0808/1592597.html)