PDA

View Full Version : How the Pats played (by a Pats fan)

XNOUGHT
08-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Note: the Celtics are crap, but I am too lazy to change the avatar. :up:

On to the PATcakes! Or hamburger Patties depending on how the pass defense does :finfan:

I watched the game yesterday while standing next to a toilet in a resturaunt. Stomach flu's tend to do that to you :sick: :sick: Good thing there was a TV in the bathroom :up:

Here is what I saw that will DEFINE how the Pats season goes.

The SECOND the Pats layed the first hit on the first play of the game, they were ALL OVER EACHOTHER. High fiving, chest bumping, giving high fives. The Pats traditionally just dont show much emeotion during games and show little heart. The Super Bowl year they didn't even really show emotion, except they were out to prove a point.

Tiki Barber rushed for 1400 yards last year and is a speed back, our weakness. His numbers for yesterday...... 8 rushes for 10 yards and the Giants ended with 71 yards rushing. A small clue to how the defense played.

You all saw the fumbles, interceptions and sacks. The ONLY REASON all that happened was because we stopped the run. That is the goal. Stop the run. And we did. We dropped Tiki in the backfield, we took away his big plays, and dominated the line of scrimmage.

I WILL SAY THIS! The Giants O-Line was more bad then us playing that well. The Giants O-Line coach Jim McNally is the best on the league but they didn't show it today and need to do some work to get back to where they were last season.

The Pats O has been trashed on every board I have seen. After coming off back to back seasons where they led the division in scoring, they are now rated at the bottom with the flaming Jets.

The Pats offense rolled up 108 yards rushing on 31 carries. And passed 23 times for 177 yards and 3 sacks and a turnover(Davey). Last year, each team passed more then they rushed, and this game the Pats rushed 31 times and passed 23.

I know we dont have the talent on offense like you guys but we call some good plays, play small ball, and try not to commit mistakes.

Obviously, you guys plan to do the same thing and run a power-I offense.

However, I am gonna throw this out in regard to the conservative passing attack you guys have planned.

There was a artical about a couple days ago when Bledsoe said instead of going for the big play, he would instead take the 6-7 yard passes. The writer commented that if he could do that, then he would still be in NE.......

XNOUGHT
08-08-2003, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the input :scratch: :scratch:

casdhf
08-08-2003, 05:05 PM
Bledsoe always had Ben Coates, if he had a player like that in NE or Buffalo, I don't think he'd use the deep ball so much, eventhough he throws it well. To me, the lack of a short game is from not having the players to do it. Since Coates left, who has he had? Reggie Rutledge? :cas:

beach2nd
08-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
Bledsoe always had Ben Coates, if he had a player like that in NE or Buffalo, I don't think he'd use the deep ball so much, eventhough he throws it well. To me, the lack of a short game is from not having the players to do it. Since Coates left, who has he had? Reggie Rutledge? :cas:

If the problem was not having the personel to run a short passing attack then why was Brady able to do it so effectivley with the SAME players that you say were inadequate? The short passing game is not Bledsoe's strength and it is foolish to expect him to be proficient at it when he's shown over his career that he's not.

Dozerdog
08-08-2003, 06:11 PM
I saw the game last night too... the one thing I took from the game is the Giant's offensive line was non-existant.

The Pats were gifted 10 points on really bad turnovers- Tiki Barber ran into his own guy and fumbled the first one. Collins was a deer in the headlights without protection. He's a notorious fumbler with his small hands as well.

Patrick Pass' huge run after the catch late was impressive- but the Giants should have had him tackled 4 times on that play.

I Still think the Pats are going to struggle on offense this season- they still have a weak running game.

WG
08-08-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by XNOUGHT
I watched the game yesterday while standing next to a toilet in a resturaunt.

Here is what I saw that will DEFINE how the Pats season goes.

Then you flushed!

That's all you had to say...!

:D

WG
08-08-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by XNOUGHT
There was a artical about a couple days ago when Bledsoe said instead of going for the big play, he would instead take the 6-7 yard passes. The writer commented that if he could do that, then he would still be in NE.......

Couldn't agree w/ you more!!!

don137
08-08-2003, 07:22 PM
While it is preseason so you can't put a lot of stock in it but the Pats D did look impressive. Defenses usually put it together before offenses but I will give the Pats their props...You would think Theismann was getting paid a bonus for every nice thing he would say about Klecko.

LABillsFan
08-08-2003, 07:32 PM
The Giants traditionally do not play against teams that run the 3-4 defense. In fact, they didn't even prepare for it for the game as quoted by Collins. So while the Pats may have looked strong ( I believe they will be in the regular season) it may have been a game that may have made the Pat's look like a team with a stellar D rather than a team that will have a good defense when the season roles around.