PDA

View Full Version : Southern California Bills Fans

LABillsFan
08-08-2003, 07:20 PM
Is anyone planning on watching the game at a local sports bar? I may go to Gitana's in Burbank to watch it if they can get it. Anyone have a better spot?

WG
08-09-2003, 08:09 AM
You're not anywhere near Encinitas, are you LA?

There's a place called Indigo Joe's there that is awesome.

Here's their site, check it out.

www.indigojoes.com

If I'm not mistaken, they're opening a new store soon a little further north. Anyway, give them a call. They are a sports bar and they have great wings. :D

LABillsFan
08-09-2003, 09:19 AM
I'm in Encino, which is in San Fernando Valley and I believe Encinitas is closer to San Diego. I'll be staying local for game. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Kelly The Dog
08-09-2003, 09:58 AM
LA, I don't think there is any place (and I have been looking for years) to go see the game in the valley. It will not be shown live on DirectTV because of blackout rules. I have been driving down to Manhattan beach the last few years to see the games and 80% of the time, or more, they show them at one of two places, Mr. Pockets or Grunions, on Sepulveda. If you have any interest in driving down there tonight and having a brew and seeing if we can catch it, send me an email at gobillsgo@hotmail.com
McPockets is the best, and they can almost always get the game, but there are usually a lot of fans there and there are many games shown at the same time so sometimes, even though they can get it, dont show it unless there are several Bills fans there. And sometimes there is. Let me know, I may go.

fabolouspaul
08-09-2003, 03:54 PM
If its not on Directv, what station would it be on?

Kelly The Dog
08-09-2003, 04:19 PM
You can find the game on the big satelitte dishes but they must have the KU band and most sports bars and homes with the big dish don't have that band.