PDA

View Full Version : McGahee signed by Monday?

Dozerdog
08-08-2003, 09:37 PM
McGahee's agent to meet with Bills brass (http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0808/1592597.html)

Associated Press

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Willis McGahee's agent is scheduled to meet with Buffalo Bills executives in an attempt to spur stalled contract talks involving the first-round draft pick.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus said Friday that Bills president Tom Donahoe has accepted a request to meet in Baltimore for lunch Saturday, prior to Buffalo's preseason opener against the Ravens.

"I'm a firm believer that, typically, if you're having a hard time getting a deal done, it's beneficial to meet face to face," Rosenhaus said.

Noting that Bills vice president Jim Overdorf will also be in attendance, Rosenhaus added: "I want to look them both right in the eye and kind of address the issues that are holding this deal up, because we really should get this deal done right now."

It will mark the first time the two sides have met personally in an attempt to sign the former University of Miami running back star, who is recovering from knee surgery and might not be ready to play this season................................more

TigerJ
08-08-2003, 10:24 PM
I don't know if this means a deal by Monday. I don't know if there are substantive disagreements, and if so how far apart the two sides are. If substantive issues are few and the differences minor, yeah we could see a signing by Monday, but I'm not buying my McGahee jersey just yet.