PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin Injuries

EM Bills Fan 80
08-09-2003, 02:40 AM
The Dolphins had a few injuries tonight in there preseason game as i was reading at finheaven, the reports went like this:

ED Perry, there long snapper, blew out his knee

Eddie Moore, the Phins 1st round pick, had a foot injury, that resulted in his foot being put in a cast.

Rob Konrad also sustained an injury. To what and how badly was not disclosed.

BTW, anyone see the highlight of Pittman blowing past Seau? :biggrin:

EM Bills Fan 80
08-09-2003, 02:42 AM
this is a clippet from an article on CBS Sportsline

The Dolphins lost four players to injuries in the first half. Linebacker Eddie Moore, Miami's top draft pick, hurt his left foot. Fullback Rob Konrad (right hand), backup tight end Ed Perry (left knee) and reserve receiver Sam Simmons (neck) were also hurt.

EM Bills Fan 80
08-09-2003, 02:43 AM
Also from the Article

Tampa Bay's Dwight Smith set up the first score when he recovered a fumble by Randy McMichael at the Dolphins' 45. Pittman beat Junior Seau for a 28-yard reception, the longest gain of the night. Mike Alstott converted a fourth-and-1 with a 2-yard run, and Pittman scored on the next play.

SABURZFAN
08-09-2003, 02:45 AM
i'm willing to bet that there's a major flood of tears over in finheaven right now.wait until the excuses start following.

TypicalBill
08-09-2003, 06:09 AM
Its their first preseason game, im not gonna judge them on this one, im gonna wait until their 3rd and 4th preseason games.

But i have to say their 1st team defense wasn't impressive at all.

Halbert
08-09-2003, 07:12 AM
Really. I could care less if the Bills get beat 45-0 in preseason.

LABillsFan
08-09-2003, 09:46 AM
Exactly, the first 2-3 preseason games means squat. You put your first team in just as an exercise and then see which of the camp fodder is going to make the team. Not only that but the plays run are very vanilla. No team is going to show their go to plays during a preseason game either.

justasportsfan
08-09-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Halbert
Really. I could care less if the Bills get beat 45-0 in preseason.

As long as we come out of it healthy!!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
08-09-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by EM Bills Fan 80
Also from the Article

Pittman beat Junior Seau for a 28-yard reception, the longest gain of the night.

Would've been a TD is the ball wasn't underthrown. I say we throw to Seau's side. He shoud be stout against the run but too slow against the pass.

MDFINFAN
08-09-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
i'm willing to bet that there's a major flood of tears over in finheaven right now.wait until the excuses start following.

There's no excuse for that game, we lost, good game by tampa, they're defintely a little ahead of us. We got work to do period. But I was please at a lot of things, except the injuries. Hopefully none are real serious. But overall good game. I was concentrating on different things and not the overall game. Tampa O, played well, they've throwed in a lot of wrinkle I haven't seen them play with before. Zach says they've seen those formations and plays before, but did nothing to adjust to them. Stayed in their Vanilla D and just got worked. I'd say worked on. But this is typical preseason Dolphins, look this way every year. I used to worried when I saw them play this way, but have learn now to go with the flow..but it's the backups that have me excited, this is the most depth I've seen on the team in years. Good luck on your Ravens games, I'm on my way to Wys blash and I'll probably be at the game.

BillsOwnAll
08-09-2003, 04:07 PM
i would love to see pat or dolphins have a 10 loss season....it would make me feel so good.

mikemac2001
08-09-2003, 04:18 PM
3rd preseason game is most important....4th is just get some better timing lose the rust and dont get hurt. 4th means nothing to me 2nd and 3rd i really enjoy watching.

Halbert
08-11-2003, 01:17 PM
Frankly I don't think preseason results mean a damn thing. They really are just practice and evaluation time.