X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Check this article out!!

This from the BostonGlobe, what a jerk!! I thought that you were supposed to be a little bit objective as a writer, sounds like a little bit of sourgrapes to me.

The latest news, scores, stats, and analysis on the Bruins, Celtics, Patriots, Red Sox, and Revolution. Plus, more Boston and New England sports updates.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• 4thAndLong
    I'm Really 4 and Short
    • Sep 2002

That was back when he had a future in New England, which he lost along with a chance to regain his job last year after violating a team rule by suffering a life-threatening injury in the second game.

What a jackass...

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

That article makes me smile. The Pats are on a winning roll but the fans continue to keep looking over their shoulders for Bledsoe and the Buffalo Bills. It scares them that Bledsoe is doing so well. More importantly they're all afraid that their team will be beat.

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Sounds like someone wants Bledsoe back.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

I had to get up really early to beat the Boston Traffic. Stopping by Dunkin Donuts, I read this article while getting the morning brew and bagel.

Nearly choked when I read this garbage. Dissapointing from the Globe, I really like their columnists and their sports dept. I'd expect this out of the herald, not the Globe.

Comment

• BidsJr
            • Sep 2002

Personally, I think he was sending out a subtle jab at the Pat's brass.

"You don't have to be Bill Belichick to identify Drew Bledsoe's shortcoming as a quarterback.
            He can't play defense." -Jab at Belichick

"That was back when he had a future in New England, which he lost along with a chance to regain his job last year after violating a team rule by suffering a life-threatening injury in the second game." -Another jab this time at Robert Kraft

"A year later, he revived his team - and his reputation - in Game 2. Nice symmetry."

''With Drew,'' said Price, `if you're down, 40-0, you believe you can win.''

"Sounds like the way things used to be with a guy in these parts. Anyone remember his name?" -Jab at Tom Brady Could he win from 40-0?

I actually view this as being a very PRO Drew article.
            "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

Someone make sure Bledsoe gets a copy of that article November 2nd please.

Comment

• lordofgun
                in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BidsJr
                Personally, I think he was sending out a subtle jab at the Pat's brass.

"You don't have to be Bill Belichick to identify Drew Bledsoe's shortcoming as a quarterback.
                He can't play defense." -Jab at Belichick

"That was back when he had a future in New England, which he lost along with a chance to regain his job last year after violating a team rule by suffering a life-threatening injury in the second game." -Another jab this time at Robert Kraft

"A year later, he revived his team - and his reputation - in Game 2. Nice symmetry."

''With Drew,'' said Price, `if you're down, 40-0, you believe you can win.''

"Sounds like the way things used to be with a guy in these parts. Anyone remember his name?" -Jab at Tom Brady Could he win from 40-0?

I actually view this as being a very PRO Drew article.
                Exactly! I don't know why you guys are getting so bent out of shape. He bashes the Pats through the whole thing. Nothing like bitter sarcasm.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

If it's a compliment it's a backhanded one at best.

Comment

• lordofgun
                    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

True, he does bash the Bills, but this article is definitely pro Bledsoe.

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
                      • Jul 2002

I definitely think that was a pro-Bledsoe article. There wasn't one thing he said bad about Drew and there were about 10+ laudatory phrases or as noted above, jabs at the Pats for treating him poorly. I don't think that article denigrated Drew one bit.

Comment

• BidsJr
                        • Sep 2002

The exciting will be, waiting till the Monday morning after we stick it to the Pats and seeing this guys column.
                        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• mchurchfie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                          True, he does bash the Bills, but this article is definitely pro Bledsoe.
                          You know what...you guys are right. When he threw a few jabs at Buffalo I got very defensive and didn't read the article objectively. Nor did I pick up on the subtle shots he throws. I agree, he likes and misses Drew...sucks to be them, he's ours now!.
                          My Band
                          daveviterna.com

Comment

• Benjudah
                            Shinier than your mom
                            • Jul 2002

I agree, I liked the article from the get-go, very pro-drew...

Comment

• mchurchfie
                              • Jul 2002

Man, I guess it is Pro Drew..very much so, after reading it a second time with a different perspective. How could I have read into this thing so wrong..ma badz
                              My Band
                              daveviterna.com

Comment

Working...
                              X