PDA

View Full Version : Check this article out!!

mchurchfie
09-16-2002, 09:37 PM
This from the BostonGlobe, what a jerk!! I thought that you were supposed to be a little bit objective as a writer, sounds like a little bit of sourgrapes to me.

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/259/sports/Flush_with_Bledsoe_infusion+.shtml

4thAndLong
09-16-2002, 09:40 PM
That was back when he had a future in New England, which he lost along with a chance to regain his job last year after violating a team rule by suffering a life-threatening injury in the second game.

What a jackass...

RedEyE
09-16-2002, 09:49 PM
That article makes me smile. The Pats are on a winning roll but the fans continue to keep looking over their shoulders for Bledsoe and the Buffalo Bills. It scares them that Bledsoe is doing so well. More importantly they're all afraid that their team will be beat.

lordofgun
09-16-2002, 09:49 PM
Sounds like someone wants Bledsoe back. :D

Dozerdog
09-16-2002, 09:56 PM
I had to get up really early to beat the Boston Traffic. Stopping by Dunkin Donuts, I read this article while getting the morning brew and bagel.

Nearly choked when I read this garbage. Dissapointing from the Globe, I really like their columnists and their sports dept. I'd expect this out of the herald, not the Globe.

BidsJr
09-16-2002, 09:59 PM
Personally, I think he was sending out a subtle jab at the Pat's brass.

"You don't have to be Bill Belichick to identify Drew Bledsoe's shortcoming as a quarterback.
He can't play defense." -Jab at Belichick

"That was back when he had a future in New England, which he lost along with a chance to regain his job last year after violating a team rule by suffering a life-threatening injury in the second game." -Another jab this time at Robert Kraft

"A year later, he revived his team - and his reputation - in Game 2. Nice symmetry."

''With Drew,'' said Price, `if you're down, 40-0, you believe you can win.''

"Sounds like the way things used to be with a guy in these parts. Anyone remember his name?" -Jab at Tom Brady Could he win from 40-0?

I actually view this as being a very PRO Drew article.

NoCtUrNaL
09-16-2002, 10:00 PM
Someone make sure Bledsoe gets a copy of that article November 2nd please. :D

lordofgun
09-16-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by BidsJr
Personally, I think he was sending out a subtle jab at the Pat's brass.

"You don't have to be Bill Belichick to identify Drew Bledsoe's shortcoming as a quarterback.
He can't play defense." -Jab at Belichick

"That was back when he had a future in New England, which he lost along with a chance to regain his job last year after violating a team rule by suffering a life-threatening injury in the second game." -Another jab this time at Robert Kraft

"A year later, he revived his team - and his reputation - in Game 2. Nice symmetry."

''With Drew,'' said Price, `if you're down, 40-0, you believe you can win.''

"Sounds like the way things used to be with a guy in these parts. Anyone remember his name?" -Jab at Tom Brady Could he win from 40-0?

I actually view this as being a very PRO Drew article.

Exactly! I don't know why you guys are getting so bent out of shape. He bashes the Pats through the whole thing. Nothing like bitter sarcasm. ;)

NoCtUrNaL
09-16-2002, 10:09 PM
If it's a compliment it's a backhanded one at best.

lordofgun
09-16-2002, 10:11 PM
True, he does bash the Bills, but this article is definitely pro Bledsoe.

Kelly The Dog
09-16-2002, 10:11 PM
I definitely think that was a pro-Bledsoe article. There wasn't one thing he said bad about Drew and there were about 10+ laudatory phrases or as noted above, jabs at the Pats for treating him poorly. I don't think that article denigrated Drew one bit.

BidsJr
09-16-2002, 10:13 PM
The exciting will be, waiting till the Monday morning after we stick it to the Pats and seeing this guys column.

mchurchfie
09-16-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
True, he does bash the Bills, but this article is definitely pro Bledsoe.

You know what...you guys are right. When he threw a few jabs at Buffalo I got very defensive and didn't read the article objectively. Nor did I pick up on the subtle shots he throws. I agree, he likes and misses Drew...sucks to be them, he's ours now!.:up:

Shiny Chicken
09-16-2002, 10:44 PM
I agree, I liked the article from the get-go, very pro-drew...

mchurchfie
09-16-2002, 10:45 PM
Man, I guess it is Pro Drew..very much so, after reading it a second time with a different perspective. How could I have read into this thing so wrong..ma badz:D :rolleyes:

shelby
09-17-2002, 04:56 AM
:laughter: mchurch!

Ebenezer
09-17-2002, 07:47 AM
I thought it was very pro-Drew, yet, as a Boston writer he did his best to slam the Bills...

mybills
09-17-2002, 09:10 AM
<b>''It'd be nice,'' observed Bledsoe, ''to win one in regulation.''

Same old Drew. A master of hyperbole.

Even though this is a new generation of Vikings, students of franchise histiory realized this was the same old Drew.</b>

I think he was being honest. Facing reality, if you will. This is exactly what I was saying when I said he looked like the better Drew in OT, and if he played the actual game that way, there wouldn't have been an over time. Jeez, even Drew admitted that!
On the other hand, using the word hyperbole which means exageration, is pretty much bashing Drew. I give Drew credit for making an honest staement, not exagerating!

lordofgun
09-17-2002, 09:22 AM
I think Drew looked very good, for the most part, for the entire game!

Dozerdog
09-17-2002, 09:26 AM
No INTs, only about a dozen incomplete passes- a QB rating in the 120's, six times he brought the team from behind-

A gash in his neck closed by a stapler!!

What did he not do in regulation?

mybills
09-17-2002, 09:30 AM
I did too LOG, but I wish more people would admit that he was better in OT. I don't know how many times in regulation I yelled "Get rid of the ball!", but in OT I didn't yell it once. I was on the edge of my seat, and I don't believe for one minute that nobody else yelled those same words.
If they say they didn't, they're lying to themselves..:)