PDA

View Full Version : Senior Seau

jdbillsfan
08-09-2003, 10:26 AM
Did anyone see Sportscenter highlights of the Dolphins vs. Bucs game last night?

They showed Michael Pittman blowing by Seau on a deep pass play "like he was standing still"

I forgot the exact comment but Jaws stated how Seau has nothing left in the tank.

It was pretty funny....

justasportsfan
08-09-2003, 10:46 AM
I would throw to Cambell or Moore to Seau's side of the field. If he even tries to cover Moulds or any of our recievers, he will get burned. Soften him up first w/ Gash in his face.

Tatonka
08-09-2003, 12:10 PM
i watched their game with a miami friend at a sportsbar.. i know he was highly disappointed..

seau looked like an old man.. the only way i can describe the way he played..

eddie robinson.

TypicalBill
08-09-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i watched their game with a miami friend at a sportsbar.. i know he was highly disappointed..

seau looked like an old man.. the only way i can describe the way he played..

eddie robinson.

i saw the hilight on sportcenter minutes ago...was he running, i couldn't beleive what i saw. Im now convinced he's over the hill, i didn't think it was that bad.... i really thought he was faster

cordog
08-09-2003, 12:22 PM
I cant wait to see how these fin fans spin this one

The Spaz
08-09-2003, 12:23 PM
Well over at finheaven there all saying Seau got picked or something...lol:)

ublinkwescore
08-09-2003, 01:36 PM
Let the Fish Frying begin!!!!!

Michael82
08-09-2003, 06:32 PM
And the best part is...their first draft pick LB Eddie Moore also got injured. So, we should be seeing a lot of Seau this year! :snicker: :evil:

TypicalBill
08-09-2003, 06:34 PM
Eddie Moore plays strong side ... Seau plays weak side

Michael82
08-09-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
Eddie Moore plays strong side ... Seau plays weak side

Aww, shucks. Oh well...still more bad news for the fin fans! :snicker:

RUDEbyallMEANS
08-09-2003, 10:41 PM
I'm sure all you Bills fans are glad about Eddie Moores injury which shows what kind of people you are.. but to comment on the Seau Pittman matchup, Keyshawn did pick Seau on the playa nd Seau started off with a 10 yard handicap.. Pittman is clearly faster than Seau just watch the play closer.. The playwas designed to string Pitttman out and have the LB picked.. Miami played base man on man defense and Gruden threw in a wrinkle.. No surprise.. It's pre-season.. Your Bills Strong run defense from what I hear was getting run up on.. Don't think too much about the pre-season... Just let the reg games begin.. :D
P.S. Eddie Moore is out for a month, more than likely..

Tatonka
08-09-2003, 10:47 PM
our defense did fine..

3 sacks 3 TOs.. i am happy..

it is ****ty to cheer about moore getting hurt though.. just lame... but i forgive you mikey.. ur still a youngin'

XNOUGHT
08-09-2003, 11:05 PM
Cheering for injuries???

That is too much bad karma. i would stay away fromt hat type of stuff guys.

Otherwise, good showing. You defense will be the power of this team.

Surprisingly, your offense is actually "lesser" then your defense.

SABURZFAN
08-10-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Well over at finheaven there all saying Seau got picked or something...lol:)

:laughter:

they're never short on excuses over there.

Ingtar33
08-10-2003, 04:12 AM
All I'll say here is this little tidbit taken from my draft review of the miami draft.

1 (49) Eddie Moore (LB): Tennessee, 6’0 3/8”, 237lbs, 4.68 40time
Excellent special teams player, and has great instincts. He finds seems well, and fights though blockers very well. A solid defender against both the run and the pass. Very questionable toughness, as he hasn’t finished a season without missing time due to injury. Has enough skills to backup all three LB positions, but probably should add a few pounds. Could have been had much later in the draft, and is a questionable “need” pick. Pick Grade: C-

don137
08-10-2003, 07:47 AM
I don't like to see anybody get injured no matter who they are or what team they play for. It doesn't sound like Moore will be out more than the preseason possibly which is great news. I would hate to hear on Sept 22 that the fins lost because Moore was hurt. They love to find the lame excuses.

mmdjegobills
08-10-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282

Aww, shucks. Oh well...still more bad news for the fin fans! :snicker: :gobills:

remember this the fish have yet to beat us at home in the playoffs
(thier home).

Michael82
08-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by don137
I don't like to see anybody get injured no matter who they are or what team they play for. It doesn't sound like Moore will be out more than the preseason possibly which is great news. I would hate to hear on Sept 22 that the fins lost because Moore was hurt. They love to find the lame excuses.

Exactly, and I was j/k...so chill. Besides, the sad thing is...IF a Bills player was hurt...the fin fans would be cheering and saying cruel things also. :rolleyes:

I agree tho....I don't want Moore to be their latest excuse. I want to beat a healthy Fins team. No excuses. Just win, baby! :D

RUDEbyallMEANS
08-10-2003, 03:49 PM
:lol:... Moore is a backup.. You will not hear any excuses from Miami fans about Moore being out.. Last year was a different story, Starting QB and WR out.. You Bills fans would make the same excuses if Bledsoe and Moulds/reed were injured for meeting in Miami in week 4.. As well as every other fan wouls too

Bert102176
08-10-2003, 03:53 PM
send Gash to put him on his Ars a few times

Tatonka
08-10-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
:lol:... Moore is a backup.. You will not hear any excuses from Miami fans about Moore being out.. Last year was a different story, Starting QB and WR out.. You Bills fans would make the same excuses if Bledsoe and Moulds/reed were injured for meeting in Miami in week 4.. As well as every other fan wouls too

we wouldnt have had to make excuses.. we would have won still..

question.. did ray lucas and your wrs play defense last year too? i thought it was your number 3 defense that got lit up.. ;)

Dolfan984
08-10-2003, 05:26 PM
Actually, in the first Buffalo game, you were 3-13 in 3rd down conversions, had exactly as many rushing yards as us, and only 7 yards more in the air less than RAY LUCAS. If we had Fiedler, we would have won. We were scoring something like 28 points a game up to that stinkbomb by Lucas. You didn't play great. Lucas gave you that game and that is proof enough. Our D played solid.
The adeptness of both offenses was evident, or lack of adeptness for the Miami offense, which never struggled like that (They even scored 30 points on KC, look up 2002 Miami Road D struggles.)

Now the second Bills game can also be tied into the 2002 Miami Road D struggles. Then again, we also only had 30 yards net passing. Now honestly, has a healthy Fiedler ever put up a bomb like that? We had 270 yards rushing compared to your 161. We ran all over you. You owned us with the pass, which was the main thing that we got beat on playing a road game, then again you only had 270 yards passing (I'm including sacks like the NFL does) but the three Bledsoe passes in a row were killers. That Sam Madison tip was a heartbreaker.

We were plain out bad on the road, no excuses Bad. Dominate at home, average on the road. The only way Miami wins the division is if that changes.

MDFINFAN
08-10-2003, 06:07 PM
our defense did fine..

3 sacks 3 TOs.. i am happy..

it is ****ty to cheer about moore getting hurt though.. just lame... but i forgive you mikey.. ur still a youngin'

Tatonka, your D did not do fine, I was there. Since I'm a member on this board I will report what I saw without bias, if your D did fine, I would state that, but your D looked no better than the Dolphins D. I saw both games. Yours live. and the replays on the Raven's big screen. Remember the only reason you won this game is the same reason the Dolphins lost theirs..The Ravens, like dolphins, decided to go for 2 points instead of 1 to tie the game. You should not be happy with your D by no means at this point of the season, like we shouldn't be happy with Miami's D at this point.

Tatonka
08-10-2003, 07:16 PM
well... i saw both games too.. and i am happy.. or d looked ok.. great? no.. not yet.. but they did fine for a first performance...

other than seau.. yours did ok.. i would be more concerned about your offense.. seau really showed his age..imho.. which alot of us expected.. i think you will be completely disappointed with that addition this season.. he will not play any better than rodgers...

chambers and mcmichael on the other hand.. i expected them to look better.. they both looked like rookies.

cordog
08-10-2003, 08:00 PM
They didnt do fine? They only gave up 7 points, had a couple ints and a fumble. Only avg. 2.3 or something like that against the run. Sounds pretty alright to me

MDFINFAN
08-10-2003, 08:19 PM
well... i saw both games too.. and i am happy.. or d looked ok.. great? no.. not yet.. but they did fine for a first performance...

other than seau.. yours did ok.. i would be more concerned about your offense.. seau really showed his age..imho.. which alot of us expected.. i think you will be completely disappointed with that addition this season.. he will not play any better than rodgers...

chambers and mcmichael on the other hand.. i expected them to look better.. they both looked like rookies.

I'm not sure about Seau yet, he looked faster in practice. I know he got lost a couple of times out there, he was defintely out of position a couple of times..I don't think he'll be as bad as some think, but he has to learn to play within the system. I'm not impressed by our D, I'm more impressed with some of the individuals, when they play together as a D then we have something, I'm rewatching your game now. It looks a lot different on TV..LOL. Adams did get knocked down as Wys reported. In the first games, either Miami nor the Bills impressed me. I'm not as worried about our O. You will see the real them pretty soon. The reasons I say this is this. Other than BG holding the ball too long he had penty of time to throw. On tampa that's pretty good. The plays I saw us run were the most basic stuff Norv runs. I've see the highlights of TC Offense and they run way more formations and plays that what you watched. Jay runs this O a helluva lot better than BG. So I'll wait until the 3rd game before making a judgement call on the teams. Right now, I'm reporting more on where they are now. I've seen this before and know it's not a indicator of what's to come. These are things they will work on and we will see them get better.

Stewie
08-11-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
I'm sure all you Bills fans are glad about Eddie Moores injury which shows what kind of people you are..

Projection: the attribution of one's own ideas, feelings, or attitudes to other people or to objects; especially : the externalization of blame, guilt, or responsibility as a defense against anxiety

Dolphan: a nincompoop who thinks we care