FinFan worries if you want to be cheered up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

FinFan worries if you want to be cheered up!

I took a quick look at Finheaven's Miami board to see what they're talking about in the wake of their loss to TB.

Aside from the usual excuses (It was Tampa's second game. Griese was facing TB's starters. It's only preseason. etc. - all of which have varying degrees of validity) several worries are surfacing.

Seau over the hill? There's another thread on that so I won't comment on it here.

Griese not panning out? Same deal.

Left tackle help needed? They're already shopping possible cuts from other teams.

Chambers has the dropsies? "What are we going to do if he can't catch the ball?"

Nice to see some holes in their confidence/arrogance.
    Last edited by TigerJ; 08-09-2003, 11:12 AM.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Uh-Oh! Watch for MD to call you classless and a hypocrite.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PhinPhreak
      • Apr 2003

All of the things that have been mentioned could be concerns, but what fans need to realize is it's only preseason and the first game at that, The fins starters didn'tt look good at all last night, but when that happens during the regular season I will start to worry.

This actually goes both ways, If the Fins looked like superstars last night you would have fans putting them in the SB, again only preseason. It gives you some things to evaluate the players to a point but nothing to base the season on.

I am more concerned about the injuries.

Sup JAF

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

You're speaking from experience, I presume, Justasportsfan.

I know he gets sensitive when Bills fan's cheer Dolphin injuries (which I don't do), but he gets thin skinned about people mocking out Fin fan fickleness too?

Awesome!

I'm aware of all that, PhinPhreak. I also know that if the Bills stink things up vs. the Ravens we'll see Bills fans panicking and Dolphin fans yucking it up. It's the nature of the beast.
        Last edited by TigerJ; 08-09-2003, 12:10 PM.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          Uh-Oh! Watch for MD to call you classless and a hypocrite.
          No, you're the classless one, don't try to pull others into your dirt.

I have more concerns about the injuries, than how the game went, I could careless, I saw some good things and of course some bad things, but overall was pleased with the game..We only loss 20-19, coaches choice. Could have kicked a FG and tied the game up and went into overtime, I'm glad they didn't, we had already gotten enough people hurt. That's better than the Jets 30-13 score against tampa last week.

But our Receivers, Wow...I love the new guys.
          I liked the punter Stemke.
          I like the fact the OL held better in pass protection against Tampa.
          I Like the fact that Sapp wasn't a real threat.
          I like the tanasity of the backups to keep playing..This is way better depth than we've had in the past.
          I hate our base D against short passes with our LB's, same ol from last year.
          I like that JT had help from Ogunleye, much better push than last year...Our DE's will do damage this year.
          Griese is what he is. Still indecivsive, but learning the O.
          We still got to get rid of penalties.
          A lot of mistakes, but correctible ones.
          There's no excuse for anything, we lost, and we didn't look good doing it. Plain and simple. But within all that, I saw some good things that I was looking for. The 2nd string depht is where I paid the most attention and OL. I really didn't care about what the 1st string did, other than Griese. I know the D will be Okay. We started off against Tampa in the preseason like this before and went on to win the division. So I'm not concern right now. But if our depth had played bad, I would be very concerned. But they didn't and I'm pleased.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

No, you're the classless one, don't try to pull others into your dirt.

Do you want me to link a page of finfans doing the same thing? There was a thread started just last night. I won't even go into the worst post made by two finfans ever made in any board which the MODS deleted the entire thread because of it.

Posting what a rival fan posted is part of fan rivalry. Notice I didn't mention any names or post any links. It was all in good fun and it did get a few laughs. If you can't handle that without calling anyone hypocrites or being so sensitive about what's being done , I suggest you don't go to any public fan mb's. .

You know that for the most part we've treated you with respect here and welcomed you and will continue to do so. Don't be so sensitive about it. Geez.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

Was the drop Chambers had in traffic and heard footstps or was he wide open?
              Now I didn't see the game but I do wonder if Chambers still has not recovered mentally from that cheap hit he took in Denver. He was never the same last year.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                • Jan 2003

Preseason means nothing outcome wise. Im sure if the Bills lose tonight we will have the same kind of stuff going on here.

Opening day is what matters. I won't laugh at anyone untill then
                The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                  My IQ Test results came back negative
                  • Oct 2002

preseason shows depths...how good your backups are....this is what i do i take first quater. and look as it as starters vs starters. 2nd quarter is starters and backups vs each other and second half is all backups. it shows what teams have depth. and they said grese was agasint starters......? he was a starter till this what the hell they talking about? AND if he ever plays do they think the other team is gonna take off all there starters cuase griese is playing. what idiots.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
                    I have more concerns about the injuries
                    Translation-we're already thinking up excuses for our annual December flop.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                    X