PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Freeman, Germane Crowell, Qadry Ismail?

Alluro
08-10-2003, 07:20 AM
If we see another disappointing game from our WRs other than moulds in the next preseason game, it might be time to bring in a FA. I'd be happy with either freeman or ismail, but i think Crowell should be given a serious look from Donahoe. When healthy, he was a rising superstar in the mold of a terrell owens. He's 6'3, 217 and only 26 years old. Plus we already have his brother on the team. If we lined him up on the other side opposite moulds, we could move reed back to his more natural position in the slot...and why not gamble on him? we have cap room, and i'm sure he'd only sign for the minimum. The worst that could happen is that he flops and we have the same team we do now...

Freeman and Ismail would be solid additions but they are safer signings with less upside. Not to mention, they are both well into their 30s. WR is a young man's position (rice is the exception). I'm just not satisfied with the Bills WR core and think TD should do something.

Michael82
08-10-2003, 10:23 AM
No need to. Reed didn't get balls thrown his way because he was covered well and the first team ran the ball a lot. also, Travis Brown can't throw...so Reed got nothing. Either did Posey. You gotta figure...Reed looked like he was double covered when he was in with both AVP and Brown. That is why he was soo quiet.

justasportsfan
08-10-2003, 10:28 AM
It's only the first preseason. Besides the entire 1st O didn't get going right away. The more they play together , they will get better. What did I say about Coleman? I think it will be Moulds, Reed, Shaw and Coleman when season starts.

Rodnet Wright had a great camp and he did look decent at times but had drops too.

Bert102176
08-10-2003, 03:18 PM
Reed had a ball thrown to him in the 1st and didn't turn and look at the QB till the last minute and the ball went right by him

Alluro
08-10-2003, 03:26 PM
How often did he get open though? Usually the ball isn't thrown to the WR if he can't get open