PDA

View Full Version : Cut Travis Brown

casdhf
08-10-2003, 07:50 AM
Complete Scrub. Did anyone play worse in the entire game last night?? He was 9 of 21 for 83 yards. I think we should just cut him now. Is there any young QB out there worth picking up?

Travis Brown sucks. (Sorry wys, ya backed a loser again) :D

:cas:'s 2 cents

TypicalBill
08-10-2003, 08:02 AM
i wanna see more of him in the next couple of games.. if he plays like he did yesterday, i think any scrub that gets cut from another team would do better and would provide better depth.

HenryRules
08-10-2003, 08:42 AM
I agree ... and TB's troubles can't be blamed on the people he was playing with ... I saw him throw one or two each to Shaw and Reed that were uncatchable.

I thought Johnson was supposed to get some playing time that game ... too bad he didn't.

On the bright side though, AVP looked pretty solid for the series that he was in.

Alluro
08-10-2003, 08:52 AM
Bring in Michael Bishop ! at the very least, he'll make the preseason games worth watching after halftime

BillsOwnAll
08-10-2003, 08:55 AM
i still dont understand why AVP only threw 2 passes.

don137
08-10-2003, 08:56 AM
I agree with TB. He needs another chance but he needs to show drastic improvement. He also needs some time in the 2nd quarter with and against better players. The Bills put a lot of time into Brown and I am not about to write him off yet but unless he shows a lot more in the next three games the Bills need to find another QB to develop.

LABillsFan
08-10-2003, 09:00 AM
But he has potential!!! Sound famliar?

TypicalBill
08-10-2003, 09:02 AM
The good thing is, next years class of QB's isn't the most talented but VERY deep.

HenryRules
08-10-2003, 09:03 AM
don, if he's performing like this, I do not want TB to go anywhere near our starters. It wasn't like no one was getting open for him, he was just throwing the ball really, really off and I don't think playing with a guy like that would be a good way for our WRs to get ready for the season.

Also, aside from Moulds, I think he played with all of our WRs for a little while during yesterdays game ... we can't completely abondon all training camp plans for the sake of giving TB downs with the first team ... let him earn that opportunity.

TypicalBill
08-10-2003, 11:23 AM
we'll see about this...

justasportsfan
08-10-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
Complete Scrub. Did anyone play worse in the entire game last night?? He was 9 of 21 for 83 yards. I think we should just cut him now. Is there any young QB out there worth picking up?

It's a good thing he didn't take my bet or he'd have lost.

Wys is the boards contoversial poster who'd get all the zb's he loses in a heartbeat anyways.

casdhf
08-10-2003, 11:36 AM
Doesnt matter, Brown sucks. He needs to go.

Tatonka
08-10-2003, 11:39 AM
TB DID get some time in the second quarter.. with reed and several of the starting Oline still out there.

cordog
08-10-2003, 11:49 AM
pick up Eric Crouch. He cant be much worse than Travis Brown

Novacane
08-10-2003, 11:51 AM
After watching TB last night I think the talk of him taking over #2 from VanPelt can stop

justasportsfan
08-10-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
After watching TB last night I think the talk of him taking over #2 from VanPelt can stop

Not with wys around. There are a few more preseason ames coming. If he even completes a throw for 5 yards. Watch for wys to say TB is going to the probowl :snicker:

:jk: bud.

cordog
08-10-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

Hell the talk of him being #3 can stop

WG
08-10-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
Sorry cas, but I never said he was gonna be awesome! I said he showed a LOT of promise in that one game v. Miami and was worth looking further into.

Originally posted by HenryRules
don, if he's performing like this, I do not want TB to go anywhere near our starters. It wasn't like no one was getting open for him, he was just throwing the ball really, really off and I don't think playing with a guy like that would be a good way for our WRs to get ready for the season.

Also, aside from Moulds, I think he played with all of our WRs for a little while during yesterdays game ... we can't completely abondon all training camp plans for the sake of giving TB downs with the first team ... let him earn that opportunity.

I agree HR. Brown's tosses were the problem. Protection wasn't great for him and I won't blame the sacks on him. But he had some pretty easy tosses where he laid the ball at the receivers' feet. That has nothing to do with the first unit.

Although, I would still like to see him play one game w/ the first unit. Having said this too, Drew didn't do anything either with the first unit. I was not impressed by his play either.

As well, it's very clear that Gilbride doesn't like Brown so I don't think he's long for this team.

As to Van Pelt, I suppose he "played well." He was only in for one series if I'm correct. The problem w/ VP is that as we saw prior, his arm strength over an entire season, or even half of one, begins to wane. So just b/c he looks good now, doesn't necessarily mean that he'd be good in case Drew goes down.

I say we need to desparately start looking for some QBs.

As well, this was one preseason game. I cannot imagine that the players were all 100% conditioned/in-shape, "chemistried", etc. We have 3 PS games left, the most critical of which will be next week after one down v. Tennessee, and then the following week v. St. Louis at home where everyone should be fully conditioned by then and where the players will be looking to impress.

The starting lineup for those games will likely more closely resemble the SL on opening day.

WG
08-10-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Not with wys around. There are a few more preseason ames coming. If he even completes a throw for 5 yards. Watch for wys to say TB is going to the probowl :snicker:

:jk: bud.

Ahhh, you of little understanding....!!!

:D

Actually, I don't care what we do w/ Brown at this point. I'm not happy w/ any three of our QBs.

Brown just isn't throwing the ball w/ any accuracy consistently. He doesn't appear to be too bad otherwise, but that's a pretty key piece, eh. LOL

My original notes about him were great accuracy first and foremost. Just isn't there right now. I aslo said he had great pocket presence, which I think playing w/ the first unit would reveal, but w/o accurate throws, who cares!

Van Pelt, again, over a season, I don't think he'd play very well as we'd start seeing the lack of a true and accurate medium-deep ball, and we'd start seeing his patented "floater" come back.

Drew, well....

As a backup he's fine, but...

justasportsfan
08-10-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Drew, well....

As a backup he's fine, but...

:rofl:

Valerie
08-10-2003, 12:08 PM
My two cents regarding Travis Brown are, he sucks! Sacked twice in the same series by the same guy?!?!?! Who was he trying to emulate? Rob Johnson? Pathetic! I don't see very much potential in him.

I too was wondering why Johnson didn't get any playing time? I thought preseason was the time to try all your people out?:idunno: I thinkthey pulled AVP after his series because he looked okay and they wanted to give Brown a chance. They should've pulled Brown too and put Johnson in. I would've like to have seen what he had.

mikemac2001
08-10-2003, 12:09 PM
Ok his first two drives sucked but i think once he got a little confidence he played alright. i wanna see more. at first i thought cut but he did play alright.

TypicalBill
08-10-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
My two cents regarding Travis Brown are, he sucks! Sacked twice in the same series by the same guy?!?!?! Who was he trying to emulate? Rob Johnson? Pathetic! I don't see very much potential in him.

I too was wondering why Johnson didn't get any playing time? I thought preseason was the time to try all your people out?:idunno: I thinkthey pulled AVP after his series because he looked okay and they wanted to give Brown a chance. They should've pulled Brown too and put Johnson in. I would've like to have seen what he had.

I just fell in love :love:

WG
08-10-2003, 12:13 PM

Who left the cage open at the Twilight Zone!

WG
08-10-2003, 12:15 PM

I think they know they are keeping VP at this point. They probably wanted to really test TB to see if perhaps they should gamble on Johnson or even look for another FA perhaps.

WG
08-10-2003, 12:16 PM
I'd like to see Van Pelt w/ the first unit starting next week. Sit Drew. Not much sense in playing him. He doesn't need the reps.

Valerie
08-10-2003, 12:17 PM
Thanks, Typical.:peck: I do watch football and I do kinda know some things. lol But I won't beat a point to death. I say my piece and move on. :)

Oh, one more thing, Special Teams still need a lot of work. How come after all these years of HORRIBLE ST's they still have yet to fix any of the problems?!?!:idunno:

And, on a side note, not related to the Bills, the football season is off to a GREAT start for me. The Bills won last night (by the Grace of God) and the Skins not only lost, but they were SHUT OUT! 20-0!!!!!! :clap: :bf1: Football doesn't get any better than that! I hope the season continues exactly like last night! :D

Valerie
08-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy Who left the cage open at the Twilight Zone!

Jaded:stick:Wys

I will talk football when I have something useful and intelligent to add. Hold onto your hat because now that the season is starting, you're going to see a lot more of me HERE!! :clap: I just know you're excited. ;)

justasportsfan
08-10-2003, 12:22 PM

I'll say this much, Travis Brown is better than Flutie. :couch:

WG
08-10-2003, 12:27 PM

Jaded:stick:Wys

I will talk football when I have something useful and intelligent to add. Hold onto your hat because now that the season is starting, you're going to see a lot more of me HERE!! :clap: I just know you're excited. ;)

What hat?

I'm ecstatic! :D

I'll say this much, Travis Brown is better than Flutie. :couch:

Oh nooo!

I suppose that may fly as long as you don't say "better looking" than midget boy!

Valerie
08-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan I'll say this much, Travis Brown is better than Flutie. :couch:
:jawdrop:
Jaded:stick:Justa
Jaded:rock:Justa

:tongue:BITE ME! BTW, I proudly wore my #7 Flutie jersey to the bar and to the game last night. :)

justasportsfan
08-10-2003, 12:30 PM

:jawdrop:
Jaded:stick:Justa
Jaded:rock:Justa

Next time you do that to me, throw in some bad words will ya. :D

I bet the Flutie Jersey was his actual size that fit you perfectlly. :D

TigerJ
08-10-2003, 12:35 PM
At the moment TB looks eminently cuttable. I have news though. Michael Bishop and Eric Crouch aren't going to be any better. I doubt there is anyone available at this moment who is going to be any better. That could change when cut down days come. In the mean time, I'd still give him game time. He didn't suck all the time. He played OK some of the time and poorly at others. I was hoping for more, but he still has a chance to settle down. I've heard that in training camp Jason Johnson has looked completely overwhelmed. At this point I don't think we can expect a lot out of him either.

Dozerdog
08-10-2003, 01:37 PM
There was a kid for Tampa Bay- Hamilton? He was the QB on the Frankfurt Galaxy when Curtis Alexander was leading the league- he tore up his knee late in the season, but was one of the best players in the league before the injury. I wonder wha he's doing now?

mikemac2001
08-10-2003, 01:42 PM
I bet the Flutie Jersey was his actual size that fit you perfectlly. :D

Haha

mikemac2001
08-10-2003, 01:44 PM
i know who your talking about Dozer...he played for geogia tech he is a short guy shorter then flutie. he is alright but i doubt makes a team as number 3. One of my Fav backups in madden though He can run.

WG
08-10-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
At the moment TB looks eminently cuttable. I have news though. Michael Bishop and Eric Crouch aren't going to be any better. I doubt there is anyone available at this moment who is going to be any better. That could change when cut down days come. In the mean time, I'd still give him game time. He didn't suck all the time. He played OK some of the time and poorly at others. I was hoping for more, but he still has a chance to settle down. I've heard that in training camp Jason Johnson has looked completely overwhelmed. At this point I don't think we can expect a lot out of him either.

"eminently cuttable" LMAO

Yeah, agree, we need to find something better if we're going to cut him. As well, 3 games left. Although, I'm not sure how much of a chance KG's gonna give Brown.

Originally posted by Dozerdog
There was a kid for Tampa Bay- Hamilton? He was the QB on the Frankfurt Galaxy when Curtis Alexander was leading the league- he tore up his knee late in the season, but was one of the best players in the league before the injury. I wonder wha he's doing now?
NO!!! No more injury signings.... :madcurse:

bernielivsey_1
08-10-2003, 02:08 PM
:inlove: Its only his 4th year. If we give him two or three more years to develop he'll be the next Rob Johnson. :hubba:

Bert102176
08-10-2003, 03:06 PM
the guy is a waste of time he is not a good QB heck he couldn't even throw a 5 yard pass to his RB it was at the guys feet

casdhf
08-10-2003, 06:33 PM
The only reason I can see cutting him is to save on the cap. If there isn't any savings, then I see no reason to keep him. I think we draft someone next season and let Brown walk. He's the 3rd QB, $50 says he doesnt play a snap.