PDA

View Full Version : Clump's thoughts on the roster....

clumping platelets
08-10-2003, 08:04 AM
Those who helped themselves

1) WR Clarence Coleman: his versatility will help him. He seems to knows how to RAC and seems fearless on PR

2) WR Antonio Brown: his speed is amazing but do we keep him over a Sam Aiken?

3) RB Joe Burns: I liked his running. Seems to find the holes but he did make one mistake early on a 3rd and short when he cut inside instead of bouncing it outside.

4) OT Mike Houghton: he was left one on one at LT and played well. Pressure on the QB didn't come from the blind side

5) DT Ron Edwards: he played well and showed he's improved his pass rush ability

6) DE Grant Irons: Ravens started doubling him because he was man-handling the LT. Showed good effort throughout game

7) LB DaShon Polk: good instincts to read that pass he intercepted. Showed well overall on coverages

8) K Rian Lindell: so far so good......lets hope he can continue getting the kicks to the 1 or 2 yd line

9) DE Marcus Jones: not spectacular, but I liked what I saw

There were others, but these are the ones who stand out and those I was particularily interested in recognizing

Those who hurt themselves

1) QB Travis Brown: I wasn't overly impressed. Granted he was working with a constant switching of players, but he should be able to hit a wide-open RB in the flat

2) RB Olandis Gary: did well on the TD run, but I wasn't happy with his performance

3) FB Philip Crosby: twice he whiffed on blocks on short yardage

4) OT Marcus Price: played well last year, but I wasn't impressed by his pass blocking and mental errors

5) OT Mike Williams: ditto

I'll revisit after I see the tape ;)

TypicalBill
08-10-2003, 08:07 AM
good list ... id also add Keith McKenzie to the list of players who helped themselves, he looked good with pressure.... i saw a clip on ESPN where he drilled Boller right in the face.

clumping platelets
08-10-2003, 08:09 AM
I agree.......... McKenzie played well.

Michael82
08-10-2003, 10:41 AM
I think you gotta include LB Dominique Stevenson too! He led the team in tackles with 6 and also recovered a fumble. He was all over the place. :D

justasportsfan
08-10-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282
I think you gotta include LB Dominique Stevenson too! He led the team in tackles with 6 and also recovered a fumble. He was all over the place. :D

Yup, even Marv comented on him being a surprise.

Brown , Coleman and Stevenson could very well be diamonds in the ruff.

clumping platelets
08-10-2003, 10:45 AM
agreed

cordog
08-10-2003, 10:47 AM
I thought Morris looked good last night also

Michael82
08-10-2003, 10:47 AM
Stevenson was drafted by TD last year in the 7th round! :D

Michael82
08-10-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by cordog
I thought Morris looked good last night also

Yeah forgot about him....he could challenge for the backup job. He has some nice runs, a couple grabs and also a nice 43 yard PR!!! :D

TypicalBill
08-10-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Yeah forgot about him....he could challenge for the backup job. He has some nice runs, a couple grabs and also a nice 43 yard PR!!! :D

you mean KR ;)

Michael82
08-10-2003, 10:57 AM
Yeah. I do! Bite me, TB! :D

TypicalBill
08-10-2003, 11:17 AM
:D