PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown

BillsOwnAll
08-10-2003, 08:53 AM
i finnally seen his return....does anybody know how fast he runs the 40? and do you think he will be our main returner?

HenryRules
08-10-2003, 09:00 AM
Based on performances so far, I think our returner will be Coleman. I know he didn't break one like Brown, but I thought he looked pretty good on his 10-15 yard return. And I really like his receiving abililty. He always seems to be the best receiver in practice (from what I've read) and definitely looked like it in yesterday's game.

I think we'll probably end keeping Johnson as the 5th WR bc he's got a good veteran presence (from what I've heard) and if we went with Brown, Reed, and Coleman that'd be a very, very young and unproven group of WRs for a contender.

Schobel94
08-10-2003, 09:21 AM
I think I heard he runs 4.31 40's, hes pretty fast.

TypicalBill
08-10-2003, 09:22 AM
he's the fastest player on the Bills squad.

TypicalBill
08-10-2003, 09:24 AM
Brown was a track star in college, finishing second in the Big East Championship 60-yard dash to Miami’s speedy Santana Moss, now a Jets’ wideout.
And if he can return kicks, Brown puts himself squarely into the battle for No. 4 wideout with veterans Charles Johnson and James Jett, free agents Clarence Coleman and Rodney Wright and draftee Sam Aikens.

LINK (http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=9985350&BRD=386&PAG=461&dept_id=444921&rfi=6)

BillsOwnAll
08-10-2003, 09:38 AM
wow 4.31 thats fast..

nolimit
08-10-2003, 12:13 PM
his fastest time was 4.18

justasportsfan
08-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
he's the fastest player on the Bills squad.

I thought it was Drew. :scratch:

WG
08-10-2003, 12:17 PM
Me too!

Either way, we have options...

WG
08-10-2003, 12:18 PM
Can Drew run BTW?

I mean, do both feet actually leave the ground simultaneously!

The "Drew Bledsoe Sprint/Dash" is right up there w/ the "Larry Bird Leap!"

justasportsfan
08-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Can Drew run BTW?

He can run and jump better than you can :laughter:

TypicalBill
08-10-2003, 12:21 PM
Can Drew run BTW?

I love his throws though

T. Brown was supposed to be the guy that "runs" .. i didn't see any 4 or 5 yard runs last night... wasn't he the scrambler?

BillsOwnAll
08-10-2003, 12:24 PM
see drew throws and travis henry runs....drew dont need to run! as for travis borwn...dont get me started.

Ingtar33
08-10-2003, 12:31 PM
Can Drew run BTW?

and Dan Marino’s and Jim Kelly’s running speed as well...

Yep, Joe Montana was pretty quick, hmm so was Mark Rypien and Phil Simms.

Trent Dilfer's a quick boy as well, as is Brad Johnson, I mean Brad Johnson’s got to be the faster QB in the NFL, Kurt Warner's real light on his feet...

Hmmm maybe a running QB is NOT essential to winning the superbowl?

lets see,
Brad Johnson
Tom Brady ~ sort of mobile, not a real speedster, but a scrambler
Trent Dilfer
Kurt Warner
John Elway
John Elway
Brett Favre ~ sort of mobile, not a real speedster, but a scrambler
Troy Aikman
Steve Young
Troy Aikman
Troy Aikman
Mark Rypien
Jeff Hostetler
Joe Montana

cordog
08-10-2003, 12:46 PM
and when Elway won it, he wasnt very mobile

standingbuffalo43
08-10-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by cordog
and when Elway won it, he wasnt very mobile

uhhhm, did you forget Elway's collision w/ 3 GB packers at the goal line... he was very very very mobile & tough as nails, brah...

cordog
08-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by standingbuffalo43
uhhhm, did you forget Elway's collision w/ 3 GB packers at the goal line... he was very very very mobile & tough as nails, brah...

Yes i do remember that, just because he scrambled on a few plays didnt make him mobile

justasportsfan
08-10-2003, 01:07 PM
I saw Drew sramble for a TD against the bengals last year. I'm tellin ya, you guys are gonna say "Vick who?" by midseason.

Billsouth
08-10-2003, 01:25 PM
are u seriously trying to say that elway was NOT a mobile quarterback? that is crazy. he was one of the most mobile quarterbacks of the era. while he was no randall cunningham he was certainly very very mobile. he oftentimes would run for first downs on many crucial 3rd downs.

also, steve young was very mobile. remember when he played for tampa he led the team in rushing.

mikemac2001
08-10-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
I saw Drew sramble for a TD against the bengals last year. I'm tellin ya, you guys are gonna say "Vick who?" by midseason.

Who is Vick???

cordog
08-10-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Billsouth
are u seriously trying to say that elway was NOT a mobile quarterback? that is crazy. he was one of the most mobile quarterbacks of the era. while he was no randall cunningham he was certainly very very mobile. he oftentimes would run for first downs on many crucial 3rd downs.

also, steve young was very mobile. remember when he played for tampa he led the team in rushing.

No i am not trying to say Elway wasnt mobile. He was one of the best scrambling quarterbacks of all time. I am saying when he won his super bowls, he wasnt as mobile as he once was

BillsOwnAll
08-10-2003, 02:45 PM
this was a brown thread....

cordog
08-10-2003, 02:48 PM
yeah it was till wys had to once again bash drew and talk about how he cant run

bernielivsey_1
08-10-2003, 03:01 PM
:redgun: I agree we need to sign him he is just flat out fast. I love Drew's feet......................This is a Drew thread right??

:peacesign We've got 3 more games to check out this kid if he drops a lot like Price did early he might be a liability.

:squish: Buy the way I hate the fiedlerfins :fishfry: