X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

Jett and Johnson need to be cut

there is way to much young talent on the WR squad to keep Jett or Johnson.

I have a hard time believing that Jett is any faster than A. Brown at this point. Saying Johnson should be kept for his leadership is idiotic at best. Moulds is the leader. I don't think Johnson is needed on special teams either. However, if one is kept, I would like to see it be Johnson with Aiken on the practice squad. I really think A. Brown renders Jett useless

Byrd.
  • clumping platelets

Jett is a goner, but I believe Charles Johnson stays.

Aiken would not clear waivers........he'll never make it to the PS

Maybe Antoinio Brown could be slipped onto the PS

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets

Aiken would not clear waivers........he'll never make it to the PS

please elaborate

Brown can't make 87 yard returns on the practive squad.

Byrd.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I believe Coleman showed he could handle PR duties as well as contributing as a WR.

A. Brown is a speed guy who hasn't shown to me that he could contribute as a WR.....yet.

Aiken was our 4th rd pick, I doubt that TD would try to "sneak" him onto the PS. It didn't appear to me that he was even on the field as much as Coleman. It's highly likely a team that has some injury concerns at WR (re: Miami) could/would claim him

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

oh, I didn't know another team could pick him up from the practice squad. Thanks.

You make a good point about Brown not being a good receiving threat but what about a guy like Chad Morton? He didn't catch many passes. I remember reading some posts about how Jett was going to be the #3 simply because he can (supposedly) stretch the field. Why can't Brown make the team if he is faster, is much better at returns and probably has better hands. Watson and Rogers were not brought in for anything other than returning.

Byrd.

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

If Antonio Brown makes the team, it's at the expense of one of the running backs trying to sneak onto the roster- like Simonton, Burns

Comment

• Fairway To Green
              • Jul 2002

Where did Coleman come from? Man.......he was impressive.

Agree Jett is as good as gone already. I think Johnson is 50/50 right now to make the team.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

Clarence Coleman is an undrafted rookie our of Ferris State. I saw a 4o time of 4.46 for him, earning him that famous description, "He's more quick than fast."

Charles Johnson is perceived, I think, by the Bills as steady and experienced. He may stick. I perceive him as nothing special. I would definitely like to see Coleman stick and Brown make the PS.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Bert102176
                  • Aug 2002

I agree keep coleman and brown and cut Jett and Johnson
                  lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

Working...
                  X