PDA

View Full Version : DE's will be the toughest cutdown

clumping platelets
08-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Definite starter: Aaron Schobel

Inside tract for other spot: Ryan Denney

Definitely NOT getting cut: Chris Kelsay

The remaining DEs: Marcus Jones, Keith McKenzie, and Grant Irons
(all of whom played well, especially McKenzie)

WG
08-10-2003, 10:08 AM
Gotta disagree w/ ya there CP. I didn't think Jones or Irons played well. Irons was actually pushed back a time or two. Jones simply didn't have any outside speed indicative that he's anything other than a 3rd team DE. I certainly don't think he played well. MD and I were sitting right next to each other specifially watching Jones/Irons w/ the 3rd unit, both of us were very unimpressed.

Call it whatever you want, but if his play doesn't improve a notch, he's not only not gonna play, but he'll be in danger of being the odd man out. Denney, .....:huh:......, I just don't understand how a guy can go from playing as poorly as he did last year to the way he played yesterday. I was constantly, and proverbially, rubbing my eyes to see if it was really him or someone else in a Denney jersey.

Puzzling that is....

BillsFever
08-10-2003, 03:37 PM
Jones looked like a bum. He couldn't create any pressure against the 3rd team OL.

Denney on the other hand looked like a different person. He might actually turn out to be a decent player.

Jones looked like a bum though. Casdf and BillsMan80 midas well get their 500 Zonebucks ready now, because there is no way he's gonna get 9 or 12 sacks this year.

mikemac2001
08-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Its called An offseason in the NFL ....thats why you dont call someone a bust rookie season.

mikemac2001
08-10-2003, 03:41 PM
jones isnt 100% i want to see him game 3 or 4 .

Novacane
08-10-2003, 03:44 PM
JOnes was definately disapointing.

Denny...................pleasently supprised

Mckenzie.......looked good.....would like to see him against the first teamers next week

Kelsey..............Did not make any plays but was flying around like a mad man.

Irons...............bye bye Grant

Jan Reimers
08-10-2003, 05:05 PM
I must have imbibed too much. I was disappointed in Denney, thought Jones was OK. Wasn't it Jones who on one play flushed their QB (Wright or Boller) out of the pocket and tackled him from behind? I did forget my binoculars, so maybe it was someone else.

Tatonka
08-10-2003, 05:11 PM
jones, on his second play in the game flushed boller (a scrambling qb) out of the pocket, and the only reason it wasnt a sack when he caught him is because the qb fell forward for a 1 yard gain..

Jan Reimers
08-10-2003, 05:16 PM
Thanks, T, at least I got one right.

colin
08-10-2003, 06:09 PM
Jones can play, he is not 100% and still made some plays, although he did get beat on a couple too.

I think Jones/Denny/Kelsey/McKenzie will be a fine LDE rotation with one of them rotating in with Aaron on the right side. Posey will line up down sometimes, and we will do some cool things with the blitz.

G. Host
08-10-2003, 06:58 PM
I do not know if you noticed this but they were using him in a LeBeau style defense where end was dropping into coverage so LB could come underneath thru hole.

He was doing this when the 3rd string LBs were in there so several times where people say he was "out of position" he actually was in position but LB was out of it.

Sammy and Coleman played well as did Polk.