• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Sam Adams...???

These are just points that I made in another thread by Pride.

I watched Adams closely, and I'm gonna say it straight up!

If last nights game was the indication, Adams ain't much better than what we had last year and quite frankly, he's whatever comes just before washed up.

He played very upright and seemingly off balance. He got pushed around by guys much smaller than him. He was extremely slow to the gaps if he ever got there at all!!!

If there was one player that I was highly unimpressed with it was Adams and quite frankly, if that's all we're gonna get outta him, first of all, perhaps we should have drafted William Joseph, but second of all, other than name or lack of another DT, , just like last year, he wouldn't even necessarily win the starting job. I thought Edwards played better w/ the second line by a LOOONG shot!

I'll assume that weight and/or conditioning were factors and see what he does in the next couple of preseason games, but he didn't look anything other than very average if even that. He looks like a slob who can't play football! He had no power whatsoever!

If watching himself on film doesn't motivate him to do whatever he has to do to be better at DT, then he's finished as a gimme starter in this league on any decent team.

But again, if yesterday night's game was any indicator, then I'd rather see Edwards in there!!!
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• Wys Guy
    • Jul 2002

Oh, BTW, Adams didn't have one tackle, one assist, NADA!!!

And it ain't "because they weren't running at him b/c they were so scared...!"

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Notice how Pat was all over the place though? I'd give Adams the benefit of a doubt that he will get better.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TypicalBill
        • Sep 2002

he doesn't perform, he doesn't get "the" money.... incentive laden contract..

TD
        For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• cordog
          eat, drink, and be merry
          • Apr 2003

Yeah he freed Pat up, so you have to give him some credit, also, was he getting double teamed? I didnt see the game.

Comment

• HenryRules
            • Jul 2002

I watched the game and I don't remember them once running at Adams. He's a DT, not an LB, so he's not expected to make tackles when they don't run at him. I wasn't disappointed at all in his play.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

wys is just going to take this opportunity to bash a guy he never liked and find a way to talk about...

1- thorton
              2- william joseph
              3- ej henderson
              4- travis brown.

what a joke.

big sam will be fine.. 4 carries for 6 yards against pat and sam.. wys can not phathom the fact that you do not measure a DT by the numbers.. which is all he is good at twisting..
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

ps.. saw this post coming a mile away..

i am sure we will get a book on why TB is still the best qb for this team too, even though he was slinging ducks against the 2nd and 3rd.. and even 4th string defense last night.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  wys is just going to take this opportunity to bash a guy he never liked and find a way to talk about...

1- thorton
                  2- william joseph
                  3- ej henderson
                  4- travis brown.

what a joke.

big sam will be fine.. 4 carries for 6 yards against pat and sam.. wys can not phathom the fact that you do not measure a DT by the numbers.. which is all he is good at twisting..
                  Actually tat, wys was big on Sam Adams a year before prior to Admas signing w/ the raiders.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• cordog
                    eat, drink, and be merry
                    • Apr 2003

Hes gotta cut someone up since his boy TB looked like dog $h!t

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                      My IQ Test results came back negative
                      • Oct 2002

Wys are you sure your a bills fan?

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

You gotta see him on TV then, Wys! Because he was getting double teamed and held the OL to let Big Pat roam all over the place. We knew he is not the kind of DT to rush the passer or run after the RBs...hell, Marv commented about his hussle in the game and I was pretty impressed too. He manhandled one guy and then was holding off two guys when Pat got his sack. You just like to complain!

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
                          • Jul 2002

Wys, you simply cannot make your normal statistical analysis concerning Adams at all. I know you are saying what you saw, but Adam TOTAL value is plugging and taking up blockers so Phat Pat and the linebackers behind him can make tackles. He only played one quarter of one pre-season game.

In the Super Bowl winning year on the Ravens he made 27 tackles the entire year. The next season he made 23. Last year he made 22. He can be an extremely valuable player if he makes zero tackles, we need him to take up space and not be bnlown off the ball and not allow interior linemen and fullbacks to have full speed unhindered blocks on Fletcher and Spikes and Posey. That's it. Anything else is gravy. The Ravens didnt light up the defense up the middle at all.

If you were pr Adams, you would be ALL over the small YPC and no long runs and shutting down Jamal, etc.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            Notice how Pat was all over the place though? I'd give Adams the benefit of a doubt that he will get better.
                            PW was all over the place. It was very noticeable on several plays when Adams got pushed back or didn't do much while Pat surged.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TypicalBill
                              he doesn't perform, he doesn't get "the" money.... incentive laden contract..

TD
                              Yeah, and we still may end up w/ DT issues.

I could give a crap about anyone's contract at this point! We need execution on the DL. Not savings due to a "good deal" contract, eh.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X