PDA

View Full Version : TE's

justasportsfan
08-10-2003, 10:38 AM
What does everyone think of Campbell? If he and Drew use his height advantage (Gonzalez) he could very well be a headache for opposing teams. One game isn't enough to see whether he has better hands than Moore or Riemersma for that matter but so far so good.

Might as well throw this in...

Gash looks like he still has it.

Sam Morris is getting better.

We have great depth in the rb. I'd like to see Simonton get more balls the next game. Gary had a great camp and I think he will be one hell of a backup. I doubt he will be let go when WM completely heals. Either Henry or WM will be traded. Gary is too good os a backup to let go.

From the first punt in our own endzone, the punt protection was horrible. One of these days Moorman will get hit hard or tons of blocked punts if nothing is done about it. It was nice to see some improvement in other aspects of the sT.

justasportsfan
08-10-2003, 10:41 AM
Oh yeah, I agree w/ Spikes. This could be the best lbing group in the entire league. :D

Michael82
08-10-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Oh yeah, I agree w/ Spikes. This could be the best lbing group in the entire league. :D

From Spikes, Fletcher, Posey...all the way down to Polk, Stevenson, and Spoon!!! :up:

Tatonka
08-10-2003, 11:41 AM
yeah..stevenson really played well.. and other than spoons one coverage mistake, he played excellent too.

i love our LBs..

i am a bit worried about our TEs.. if moore doesnt get health, we have no depth at all.

justasportsfan
08-10-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

i am a bit worried about our TEs.. if moore doesnt get health, we have no depth at all.

Binggo. Moore needs to get more of Drew's passes. Both TE's will be very important for 3rd down situations and more importantly, redzone.

I wonder if Cambell has tha ability to catch balls w/ outstretched arms like JR did at times. Like I said that would be maximizing the use of his height against smaller db's.

Kelly The Dog
08-10-2003, 11:46 AM
McDonnell seemed to make a couple plays. He was open for a TD in the scrimmage but TB missed him. Had a nice catch where he got creamed but hung on yesterday, and made a very good play recovering the onside kick on the last play of the game where he got rocked, too. He's big and fast and mean. Not bad for a #3.

justasportsfan
08-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Kelly The Dog
McDonnell seemed to make a couple plays. He was open for a TD in the scrimmage but TB missed him. Had a nice catch where he got creamed but hung on yesterday, and made a very good play recovering the onside kick on the last play of the game where he got rocked, too. He's big and fast and mean. Not bad for a #3.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him.

BTW, Coy wire broke up a pass? :snicker: That was the weakest part of his game. Wire seems to have probowl written all over if he does improve defending against the pass.